PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant strategy by the campaign

TulsaRevolution
02-01-2008, 12:25 AM
The peer-pressure to donate $201 to send them an anniversary card is brilliant. Wish they had that strategy on previous moneybomb days to convince a few donors to upping the ante a little more ;)

I was probably going to do $100 but said what the hell, why not.

golf247
02-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Agreed. I was going to go in $50, but bumped it all the way to $250

InLoveWithRon
02-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Yes it was brilliant.. I will be sending my donation tomorrow at the 5pm burst.. In my note I will mention to Ron that he is losing votes by saying he wants to get rid of the department of education.. ESPECIALLY losing women voters.. In the post debate wrap up on politico.com, they had a room of women.. And one woman said she thinks Ron is nuts for wanting to get rid of the Dept of education.. And the other women agreed.,. BAD THING !

Ron Paul supporters know how corrupt the department of education really is (there was a long 20/20 episode about it which is on youtube for those of you who dont know).. However, to the average Joe in america, they think abolishing the department of education is a bad thing.. They think, mothers especially, that Ron Paul wants to ruin the education system in america..

These people have no idea that abolishing the Dept of Education is a good thing.,., And their kids will be smarter by getting rid of it.. So in my note, I will tell Ron to hammer it home to the people, and explain things better regarding this issue.. Rather than just saying he will get rid of the dept of education, and not revealing "WHY" he wants to do that..

The average Joe needs to understand things better.

pacelli
02-01-2008, 12:59 AM
The peer-pressure to donate $201 to send them an anniversary card is brilliant. Wish they had that strategy on previous moneybomb days to convince a few donors to upping the ante a little more ;)

I was probably going to do $100 but said what the hell, why not.

Absolutely! How big do you think the campaign's e-mail list is? 80,000 or more?

Lets say half of everyone on the campaign's email list donates $201. People just like you and me.

That's
8.4 million.

This is the first money bomb where we have ever had a communication from the campaign for a specific amount. Consider that.

TulsaRevolution
02-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Absolutely! How big do you think the campaign's e-mail list is? 80,000 or more?

Lets say half of everyone on the campaign's email list donates $201. People just like you and me.

That's 8.4 million.

They have every previous donor, for starters. That it atleast in the low 100,000's.

TulsaRevolution
02-01-2008, 01:02 AM
Yes it was brilliant.. I will be sending my donation tomorrow at the 5pm burst.. In my note I will mention to Ron that he is losing votes by saying he wants to get rid of the department of education.. ESPECIALLY losing women voters.. In the post debate wrap up on politico.com, they had a room of women.. And one woman said she thinks Ron is nuts for wanting to get rid of the Dept of education.. And the other women agreed.,. BAD THING !

Ron Paul supporters know how corrupt the department of education really is (there was a long 20/20 episode about it which is on youtube for those of you who dont know).. However, to the average Joe in america, they think abolishing the department of education is a bad thing.. They think, mothers especially, that Ron Paul wants to ruin the education system in america..

These people have no idea that abolishing the Dept of Education is a good thing.,., And their kids will be smarter by getting rid of it.. So in my note, I will tell Ron to hammer it home to the people, and explain things better regarding this issue.. Rather than just saying he will get rid of the dept of education, and not revealing "WHY" he wants to do that..

The average Joe needs to understand things better.

Just saying he will get rid of it without explaining makes it sound like he wants to get rid of schools :D I agree, he needs to watch his words closely. He can do that and still tell the truth and spread the message.

Ex Post Facto
02-01-2008, 01:03 AM
I have to admit I donated more that I commited to in the begining, because of this tactic. I mean I couldn't not pass up the opportunity to do a little personal note. Most campaigns give you a meal when you donate :P

DrCap
02-01-2008, 01:11 AM
I have to admit I donated more that I commited to in the begining, because of this tactic. I mean I couldn't not pass up the opportunity to do a little personal note. Most campaigns give you a meal when you donate :P

Agreed, how can you not send them a personal note?

thegr8drronpaul
02-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Just saying he will get rid of it without explaining makes it sound like he wants to get rid of schools :D I agree, he needs to watch his words closely. He can do that and still tell the truth and spread the message.

Yes, perfect example of people being misinformed. When I first talked to my sister about RP she first thought she'd lose her job (she's a teacher). I know it's silly, but lazy people who don't investigate hear the soundbite and go "What a Whacko!"

The fact that he brings this up without explanation IS hurting him bigtime!

So so frustrating that he'd have even more support if people just understood his platform.

BTW, sister, boyfriend, and her boyfriends parents are happily on board now :)

pacelli
02-01-2008, 01:38 AM
They have every previous donor, for starters. That it atleast in the low 100,000's.

Wow! So lets assume that 50,000 previous donors are maxed out (probably over-estimating). That is still an awful lot of people, not even including the number of people that have never donated but get the emails. The campaign really took the reins on this one. They just did our promotion for us. But we're taking care of online promotion. Simply brilliant.

pacelli
02-01-2008, 01:43 AM
IF this is as big as I think it will be, this would be the perfect opportunity to unveil Carol Paul to the media.

TulsaRevolution
02-01-2008, 01:54 AM
Wow! So lets assume that 50,000 previous donors are maxed out (probably over-estimating). That is still an awful lot of people, not even including the number of people that have never donated but get the emails. The campaign really took the reins on this one. They just did our promotion for us. But we're taking care of online promotion. Simply brilliant.

by maxed out, you mean $2300 limit? 50,000 people cant be maxed out because that would be $115,000,000 :) Most people are not maxed out (altho I give you mad props for being one of them!)