PDA

View Full Version : Paul/Huckabee Commercial

humanic
02-01-2008, 12:09 AM
This idea was posted at the Ron Paul Charts (http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html?disqus_reply=116507#comment-116507) site by a Huckabee supporter. I sincerely believe an ad like this would not only be a great step towards breaking the mainstream media's monopoly on public perception and the "electibility" "issue", it would be a big boost for both campaigns

Hi guys,
I'm a Huckabee supporter, but I have a deep respect for Ron Paul as well. Both campaigns are getting shut out by the press. It would make a real statement if the two of them could get together and do a national ad something like this...

* (camera shot showing both candidates standing side by side)
"Hello America my name is Rep. Ron Paul" - "And my name is Gov. Mike Huckabee"
"We may not agree on every issue but we want you to know that your vote counts, and despite what you see on the news 24/7 this is a 4 man race."
"Please do your civic duty and vote responsibly on super Tuesday."
"Do your homework and make an informed choice."
"We hope that you will decide to support one of us."
"But don't let the news media make your decision for you."
*(now speaking @ the same time) "We are Americans and we approved this commercial."
*(fade out)

Just a thought. I'm sure they could do a better job on the dialog, but this would get a ton of publicity.

Anyway - good luck from a friendly competitor and a fellow citizen.

-> Mike B

Can we get this suggestion to the campaign? Seriously...

coffeewithchess
02-01-2008, 12:10 AM
This idea was posted at the Ron Paul Charts (http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html?disqus_reply=116507#comment-116507) site by a Huckabee supporter. I sincerely believe an ad like this would not only be a great step towards breaking the mainstream media's monopoly on public perception and the "electibility" "issue", it would be a big boost for both campaigns

Can we get this suggestion to the campaign? Seriously...

Yea, RP's campaign moves slower than a snail...we have already contacted them about some Grassroots commercials with no replies.

hueylong
02-01-2008, 12:11 AM
not gonna happen. get off the crack pipe.

literatim
02-01-2008, 12:11 AM
Yea, RP's campaign moves slower than a snail...we have already contacted them about some Grassroots commercials with no replies.

You do realize conversation between the campaign and grassroots on topics such as that is illegal under McCain/Feingold, right?

LandonCook
02-01-2008, 12:12 AM
You do realize conversation between the campaign and grassroots on topics such as that is illegal under McCain/Feingold, right?

Your kidding.

coffeewithchess
02-01-2008, 12:12 AM
You do realize conversation between the campaign and grassroots on topics such as that is illegal under McCain/Feingold right?

What? Saying, "HQ you need to make BETTER ads! Ones that aren't already outdated!"

Kotin
02-01-2008, 12:14 AM
that would be badass.

literatim
02-01-2008, 12:15 AM
What? Saying, "HQ you need to make BETTER ads! Ones that aren't already outdated!"

Them replying is illegal.

humanic
02-01-2008, 12:17 AM
not gonna happen. get off the crack pipe.

Thanks hueylong, you're always good for a useless, childish insult in response to any thread you don't like. Glad to see you're still at it.

tom4ronpaul08
02-01-2008, 12:18 AM
have the huckabee grassroots send it to the paul campaign and vice versa ... you gota admit it would make people think

hueylong
02-01-2008, 12:18 AM
what, are you serious? there is NO WAY they would do that! even if Dr. Paul would, HUCKABEE wouldn't.

it's a WASTE OF TIME.

humanic
02-01-2008, 12:19 AM
have the huckabee grassroots send it to the paul campaign and vice versa ... you gota admit it would make people think

It would be a historical step in American politics, despite what hueylong thinks.

romeo2
02-01-2008, 12:20 AM
huck was shut out for 1 debate. the good doctor was shut out for almost a year. just saying

LandonCook
02-01-2008, 12:21 AM
what, are you serious? there is NO WAY they would do that! even if Dr. Paul would, HUCKABEE wouldn't.

it's a WASTE OF TIME.

The huckabee and Paul grassroots could independently... and then post it on the net... In hope someone will see...

hueylong
02-01-2008, 12:21 AM
yeah. it would be. if it was remotely realistic. but it isn't. and this is one of hundreds of posts here every day that just WASTES TIME and DISTRACTS from things that can move us forward.

congratulations.

Drknows
02-01-2008, 12:23 AM
NO WAY!!!

Huck is a fake! A shallow man with nothing to lose. He would sell his own soul to be prez.

Look how he begged at the last debate for air time while humble Dr paul looked like the only grown up.

tom4ronpaul08
02-01-2008, 12:24 AM
desperate times call for desperate measures we are trying to save our country whats the worst it could do for them ... all they can do is say no

coffeewithchess
02-01-2008, 12:24 AM
It would be a historical step in American politics, despite what hueylong thinks.

Yea, well if you want historical, why not go with Mike Gravel(who the media put on their ignore list months ago) and Ron Paul...

romeo2
02-01-2008, 12:26 AM
people are forgetting that the huckster lied about being the only candidate thats been saying in the past that the economy is getting bad. remember that? everybody stay focused

humanic
yeah. it would be. if it was remotely realistic. but it isn't. and this is one of hundreds of posts here every day that just WASTES TIME and DISTRACTS from things that can move us forward.

congratulations.

I'd be more inclined to care about your input if I didn't already know that you have a history of not even reading threads, writing useless, baseless, negative one line comments, and giving them one star. The mere existence of an ad like this would generate a ton of free media coverage of both candidates and the issue of media censorship. Who are you to say the campaign would not even consider it?

humanic
Yea, well if you want historical, why not go with Mike Gravel(who the media put on their ignore list months ago) and Ron Paul...

I'd love that.

hueylong
02-01-2008, 12:27 AM
you're right. i have no idea that the campaigns wouldn't consider it.

my only qualification is that i run campaigns for a living, and have been in politics for 35 years.

and now, you want dr. paul in a commercial with mike gravel. wow.

jaj1701
02-01-2008, 12:29 AM
I think we should have the grassroots start it off. I already contacted the Huckabee meetup organizer in Rochester to ask him if he'd be interested in making a "commercial" with me to upload to you tube. I might even bring my pole! :)

I encourage supporters to do this across the nation.

humanic
02-01-2008, 12:29 AM

my only qualification is that i run campaigns for a living, and have been in politics for 35 years.

I said "I would love that." Me. Personally. It wasn't my idea and I didn't say he should do it.

cien750hp
02-01-2008, 12:34 AM
they're competing candidates and have different issues here, but i dont think anyone here is qualified to state that they would not do it.

they might say "hey, lets get together for the greater good of the american people"
while i may not like huck, i don't think he is in it for profit near as much as the others.

who is to say that they could not unite to try to get rid of the biased media. its taking a toll on both campaigns, and the american people need it.

paul is a man of great character, i think he would do it. he's not endorsing any of hucks policies, just uniting with him in a common cause.

all of us at the denver rally tomorrow, if you ahve the chance to talk to the right person, take it.

coffeewithchess
02-01-2008, 12:35 AM

You didn't read my post in what it was in regards to, so I'll ignore you now...:D:D:D

specsaregood
02-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Huckabee has lied and attempted to postition himself as the original author of many of Ron Pauls positions and statements. His supporters are welcome to support Ron Paul, but screw Huckabee himself. I trust him less than a starved pitbull when i have a meatball sandwich in my hand. I wouldnt want any RP campaign funds doing anything to promote the Huckster.

humanic
02-01-2008, 12:37 AM
they're competing candidates and have different issues here, but i dont think anyone here is qualified to state that they would not do it.

they might say "hey, lets get together for the greater good of the american people"
while i may not like huck, i don't think he is in it for profit near as much as the others.

who is to say that they could not unite to try to get rid of the biased media. its taking a toll on both campaigns, and the american people need it.

paul is a man of great character, i think he would do it. he's not endorsing any of hucks policies, just uniting with him in a common cause.

all of us at the denver rally tomorrow, if you ahve the chance to talk to the right person, take it.

QFT

Jodi
02-01-2008, 12:38 AM
NO WAY!!!

Huck is a fake! A shallow man with nothing to lose. He would sell his own soul to be prez.

Look how he begged at the last debate for air time while humble Dr paul looked like the only grown up.

I have to agree with you.

cyrax
02-01-2008, 12:38 AM
That's a really good idea.

Jodi
02-01-2008, 12:40 AM
By the way isn't huck out of money so which campaign are you suggesting pay for it? More free publicity for the huckster...I don't think so!

cien750hp
02-01-2008, 12:40 AM
By the way isn't huck out of money so which campaign are you suggesting pay for it? More free publicity for the huckster...I don't think so!

split the cost evenly?

romeo2
02-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Huckabee has lied and attempted to postition himself as the original author of many of Ron Pauls positions and statements. His supporters are welcome to support Ron Paul, but screw Huckabee himself. I trust him less than a starved pitbull when i have a meatball sandwich in my hand. I wouldnt want any RP campaign funds doing anything to promote the Huckster.

thank you. its upsetting that rp supporters feel bad for huckabee because he was somewhat ignored for ONE debate while the good doctor has a complete blackout since the beginning. paul doesnt try to sound like huckabee my friends(lol), its the other way around

humanic
02-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Its upsetting that rp supporters feel bad for huckabee

I don't feel bad for Huckabee, I feel bad for the American people who are cheated any time any legitimate candidate or candidates are purposely marginalized by the media.

jarofclay
02-01-2008, 12:46 AM
I think we should do it....

The moment Huckabee endorses Ron Paul. We will be waiting. Buh bye now.

romeo2
02-01-2008, 12:48 AM
I don't feel bad for Huckabee, I feel bad for the American people who are cheated any time any legitimate candidate or candidates are purposely marginalized by the media.

thats understandable. id rather have the huckster drop out and rp have his own commercial about the msm imo

specsaregood
02-01-2008, 12:48 AM
Huckabee paid for reporters to follow him around for months and got attention from it. Now that he has stopped doing so he no longer gets the coverage. Too BAD.

Every little bit of positive media attention we have gotten has been because Ron Paul or US fought for it and deserved it. Ron Paul didn't pay to have the media chase him around and write positive pieces.

Not one cent of our donations should go to promote that fake.

But his supporters are welcome to vote for Ron Paul.

coffeewithchess
02-01-2008, 12:49 AM
thank you. its upsetting that rp supporters feel bad for huckabee because he was somewhat ignored for ONE debate while the good doctor has a complete blackout since the beginning. paul doesnt try to sound like huckabee my friends(lol), its the other way around

If we were trying to do it with guys that have had blackouts by the media and trying to make history, it would be having it with Mike Gravel. I know he is a Dem, but he was shut out by the media early on for telling it like it is on Iraq.

tom4ronpaul08
02-01-2008, 12:54 AM
I don't feel bad for Huckabee, I feel bad for the American people who are cheated any time any legitimate candidate or candidates are purposely marginalized by the media. well said... and if we could pick up some of hucks supporters would it not be worth it, hell get them all in it .. all the ones who got black listed dems and repubs ... .... Ron Paul the voice of the un-heard

eloquensanity
02-01-2008, 12:58 AM

I agree. The only reason they care about the media black out of RP is because now it happened to their candidate. They did not care about it before.

Last few days seems to be more Huckabee supporters than Paul supporters posting here
(This is supposed to be Ron Paul forums I think) at least it used to be and they do not offer the same hospitality to us on their forum that they get here.

I Just think people are going a bit over board with the recent love fest.

JMO

specsaregood
02-01-2008, 01:01 AM
I agree. The only reason they care about the media black out of RP is because now it happened to their candidate. They did not care about it before.

JMO

No Love fest here. His flipflopping lies are sooo obvious.
Early in the campaign season he is talking that he would sign a nationwide smoking ban. Then in the debate he breaks out the strong states rights position? Come on, you can't have it both ways. Well, I guess you can when nobody in the media is willing to call you on it.

I actually dislike Huckabee more than the rest. He has the same foreign policy, same big government policies as the rest, but he also wants to impose his theocracy on me. I'm not an atheist, but I don't want a President that thinks it is his right to impose his beliefs on me and "change the constitution" to fit his religious beliefs.

eloquensanity
02-01-2008, 01:11 AM
No Love fest here. His flipflopping lies are sooo obvious.
Early in the campaign season he is talking that he would sign a nationwide smoking ban. Then in the debate he breaks out the strong states rights position? Come on, you can't have it both ways. Well, I guess you can when nobody in the media is willing to call you on it.

I actually dislike Huckabee more than the rest. He has the same foreign policy, same big government policies as the rest, but he also wants to impose his theocracy on me. I'm not an atheist, but I don't want a President that thinks it is his right to impose his beliefs on me and "change the constitution" to fit his religious beliefs.

Totally agree and as for Christian values well " ye shall know them by their fruits"
I never thought of lying cheating and stealing as Christian values.

The love fest I am referring to is all of his supporters coming in here talking about him like he's a nice guy or something when the facts and his record show the opposite.

Crickett
02-01-2008, 01:45 AM
Huckabee is a CROOK and a liar and a horrible man who does not even belong on the same website as RP. A positive post about Huckabee is an oxymoron. If I ever saw him joking and standing side by side with RP I might blind myself..

Damned Huck supporter screamed at me today that she would never vote for any President who would not stand up and say that Jesus was his savior. She had evil in her eyes and face.

Huck would actually deny that "fact" if someone promised him money to..

Crickett
02-01-2008, 01:47 AM
Huckabee paid for reporters to follow him around for months and got attention from it. Now that he has stopped doing so he no longer gets the coverage. Too BAD.

Every little bit of positive media attention we have gotten has been because Ron Paul or US fought for it and deserved it. Ron Paul didn't pay to have the media chase him around and write positive pieces.

Not one cent of our donations should go to promote that fake.

But his supporters are welcome to vote for Ron Paul.

..barely..

nc4rp
02-01-2008, 01:49 AM
help Huck?

Huck will likely choose the president by brokering his delegates to join his choice of candidate in trade for the Vice Presidency.

What are the chances Huck would stab Paul in the back in a split second flat givin half a chance? about 10,000% ?

be careful dancing with the devil.

eloquensanity
02-01-2008, 02:06 AM
be careful dancing with the devil.

Exactly

Yom
02-01-2008, 02:16 AM
This is a pretty good idea, actually, but with his funding running out, and ours still relatively low, could we make it count in time?

Edit: Also, I disagree with Huck the most on the issues and don't think he's that nice of a guy, but of all the candidates in the debates, he is the only one who has consistently respected (and adopted in some cases) Ron Paul and his policies, even when disagreeing with them.

fcofer
02-01-2008, 02:38 AM
I am no fan of Governor Huckabee. Check my post history to verify.

However, I respect his grassroots supporters. I think that they're wrong about a lot of things, but at least they aren't apathetic. As much as I've poked fun at their forum, I realize that the HucksArmy people do care about our country and are working to accomplish something that they think will make it better.

In my book, that makes them much better Americans than the disinterested herd that comprises the bulk of McRomney's supporters.

Moreover, maybe I'm succumbing to sentimentality because of Huck's recent treatment in the debates, but after watching Huck flare up at Tim Russert in the FL debate on the tax question, the feeling started dawning on me that the Huckster really isn't as bad as either McCain or Romney. He's miles away from Ron Paul (even if he could be trusted on half of the newfound political positions that he's appropriated from the good doctor), but he's smarter than McCain and less slimy than Romney. And I like the way that he's always respectful to Dr. Paul in the debates, unlike the other candidates.

I think that this commercial is a good idea. It would accomplish several things, if it could be made to happen:

(1) It would attract a lot of attention. It would attract my attention, at least, even if I weren't a supporter of either candidate. (If you saw a Kucinich + Richardson commercial along these lines, wouldn't you be intrigued?)

(2) If Huck drops out because of his fundraising woes, we might net some undeclared delegates. We would at the very least get a good number of the remaining primary votes. (Sort of unfair, since I'm sure that 90%+ of Paul supporters will write him in and won't cross camps, but what can you do? ;) )

Anyway, as much as I dislike their politics, I still feel that I have more in common with the Huckabee supporters than with any of the other candidates', and I am not averse to cooperating with them for the good of the country. If either campaign could have had us both, it would be steamrolling the primaries by now. If we join forces we increase the chance of forcing a brokered convention, and right now that is in both camps' interest.

As for the objections, this does not mean that one candidate is endorsing the political positions of the other. The ad could be quite clear in that respect. In fact, it could even outline where the candidates agree and disagree. "Unlike the other candidates, we both want to eliminate the IRS, but one of us is for continuing in Iraq and one of us is for coming home." (Okay, pretty lousy example there, but you get the idea).

If you think that the idea is a terrible one for substantive reasons, say so. But if you merely think that it won't happen, ask yourself if it is necessary to post. Things like this will either gain momentum or not on their own, and if they start moving, they get BIG FAST. (Those of you who are skeptical might not have been involved with the Ron Paul grassroots much.) Something similar could probably be done without even involving the official campaigns, if the idea becomes popular.

If there are any Huck people reading this thread (apparently some people think that our forum is just crawling with you guys), I'd be interested in hearing your opinions on it.

OferNave
02-01-2008, 03:29 AM
The problem with this is perception - it's like admitting that you're small time. I like RP's style of just playing it straight. Everyone laughs at him, but he doesn't act like they are. He maintains his reality in the face of pressure to conform to a different and less desireable reality.

Feelgood
02-01-2008, 04:10 AM

No, he means collusion between the candidates.

Personally, though I believe the Huxter should be allowed to speak as Ron Paul should, the Huxter will be out completely quite soon. He simply does not have the money to continue. With that said, this is pretty much a moot point. Besides, who would pay to do the ad and run it? Huxter has no money, so should the RP campaign use money that we sent in, in good faith for the RP campaign be used to help resurrect or resuscitate Huxter's campaign?

I prefer to continue doing things as Ron Paul is doing, so he will be able to change his banner shortly to, First there were 11, and now there are only 3... :D

Jim_Karr
02-01-2008, 04:22 AM

Last few days seems to be more Huckabee supporters than Paul supporters posting here
(This is supposed to be Ron Paul forums I think) at least it used to be and they do not offer the same hospitality to us on their forum that they get here.

JMO

+1

Lets see if they are as strong as Ron Pauls grassroots to keep swimming with the sharks. I think he is fish food and they are swimming towards Ron Paul to help save him. Not going to happen.