PDA

View Full Version : I Voting early In Illinois today!

Billy Baro7
01-31-2008, 11:35 PM
Early Voting In Illinois
Just wanted to share my story. Today I went to the Frankfort City Hall and voted! What a great experience it was. When I entered the office there was a person voting so they asked me to wait a few minutes. As I sat waiting another lady walked in to vote as well. I arrived about 1 hour prior to the close of voting before Super Tuesday. When she was finished a lady who works for the city greeted me and sat me down at a desk. She went over all the information with me. She went on to tell me how important it was that I signed my name as I have in the past. Also to make sure I printed my name correctly as it was printed in there system and so forth. I asked her how the turn out has been and she said great, over 210 people had already voted. For a primary this was incredible, she said. She gave me the ballot and explain how important it was to fold it and put it in the envelope that I filled out and seal it. Well I voted for Ron Paul and all his delegates. It was interesting to see Ron Paul 2nd on the list, but his Delegates were list third on the other side! McCain and Mitt delegates were 1st and 2nd! I thought this was a little odd since one of the clowns were first and the other third. You would think Paul's would be second. Well once I sealed the envelope she came running down the hall as I open the door. She told me we were not done yet. She went on to show me how they put my envelope in another envelope and seal it! Than she went on to explain that the box she was putting it in was the correct voting box and it had a lock on it! Than she told me her office would be locked when she left and she would be personally delivering them. I was Shocked as I was pleased to see such a well organized person handling things! I told her how I felt and said this is nothing like New Hamster! I asked her if she saw the news and she said no! Than she said do I want to………….I laugh as I thank her and said No you don’t want to!!!!

Billy