PDA

View Full Version : Getting Dr. Paul's Book on the NY Times Best-seller List

tanverenzo
01-31-2008, 11:25 PM
Don't forget to channel some of your zeal into buying the book FROM YOUR LOCAL BOOKSTORES. This is how Dr. Paul's book can get onto the NY Times Bestseller list, which ranks books based on their performance in a wide range of venues. It doesn't help too much if all the sales comes from Amazon.... so start pre-ordering at Boarders, Barnes & Nobel, etc. I just put myself down for 5 copies! :)

kushaze
01-31-2008, 11:26 PM
sorry

tanverenzo
01-31-2008, 11:35 PM
bump

OferNave
01-31-2008, 11:46 PM
Don't forget to channel some of your zeal into buying the book FROM YOUR LOCAL BOOKSTORES. This is how Dr. Paul's book can get onto the NY Times Bestseller list, which ranks books based on their performance in a wide range of venues. It doesn't help too much if all the sales comes from Amazon.... so start pre-ordering at Boarders, Barnes & Nobel, etc. I just put myself down for 5 copies! :)

Are you sure?

Dammit.

Does it count if we order from Borders or B&N online, or does it have to be at a store?

literatim
01-31-2008, 11:48 PM
Uhm. I don't think it matters where you buy it from.

PetersburgPanic
01-31-2008, 11:48 PM
just ordered two more copies from barnes and noble.

tanverenzo
01-31-2008, 11:54 PM
From the NY Times website,

Rankings reflect sales, for the week ending Jan. 19, at many thousands of venues where a wide range of general interest books are sold nationwide. These include hundreds of independent book retailers; national, regional and local chains; online and multimedia entertainment retailers; university, gift, supermarket, discount department stores and newsstands.

And the Wikipedia entry says just as much, noting that

The list is based on weekly sales reports obtained from selected samples of independent and chain bookstores, as well as wholesalers, throughout the United States. The sales figures are widely believed to represent books that have actually been sold at retail, rather than wholesale figures, as the Times surveys a number of actual booksellers in an attempt to better reflect what is actually purchased by individual buyers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Times_Best_Seller_list

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/03/books/bestseller/0203besthardnonfiction.html

RSLudlum
01-31-2008, 11:55 PM
Support your local community and buy a copy or two at a bricks n mortar store.

gerryb
02-01-2008, 12:12 AM
If you're going to order multiple copies, if it isn't too inconvenient for you, order them from multiple stores as well.

I'm willing to bet even if it sold 10 million copies in the first week, it wouldn't make the NY Times best seller list. The NYTimes is owned by Rupert Murdoch...

jlaker
02-01-2008, 12:33 AM
If you're going to order multiple copies, if it isn't too inconvenient for you, order them from multiple stores as well.

I'm willing to bet even if it sold 10 million copies in the first week, it wouldn't make the NY Times best seller list. The NYTimes is owned by Rupert Murdoch...

Rupert Murdoch is a dick head!

bluemarkets
02-01-2008, 12:42 AM

are you sure cause it is not listed here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_Corporation#Newspapers