PDA

View Full Version : "Candidate Selection for Dummies"

USAF Vet Dan
01-31-2008, 10:49 PM
Many people pick their candidate for the stupidest reasons. One of the worse I've heard is, "he has a nice, honest smile". Others are caught up in the fallacy that our elected officials are free to legislate according to the whim of the masses.

To counter this, my latest article in Nolan Chart "Think before you vote!" (http://www.nolanchart.com/article1594.html) attempts to give such voters food for thought... about the Constitution, its relevancy when selecting a candidate, and the hypocrisy of a candidate who takes the oath of office and then ignores that which he/she has sworn to uphold.

Perhaps you will find this article to be a useful tool in your efforts to "enlighten" voters and build support for Ron Paul.

JPFromTally
01-31-2008, 10:52 PM
You're wasting your time... I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that only 10% of voters are informed. 90% are what I call "pedestrian voters." These people would not be able to identify any of Bush's cabinet members, state senators or local congressmen. However, they will vote on likeability, popularity and herd-think.

USAF Vet Dan
01-31-2008, 10:56 PM
You're wasting your time... I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that only 10% of voters are informed. 90% are what I call "pedestrian voters." These people would not be able to identify any of Bush's cabinet members, state senators or local congressmen. However, they will vote on likeability, popularity and herd-think.

As frustrating as it is to deal with "pedestrian voters", we really cannot just give up. What's the alternative?

If we only wake up one for every ten that we deal with, then so be it. We simply cannot affect change without waking more of the sleeping masses.