PDA

View Full Version : Have to say it about the Media...

SRRP77
01-31-2008, 10:13 PM
I am not going to complain about censorship but I have to make this point on this forum bc it drives me insane.

Do journalists not realize that when they poke fun at a candidate- like call him a loon or unelectable or whatever- they are really talking about the supporters?

Like calling Ron Paul's ideas bad are just saying that we, the people, are stupid for standing behind someone who represents this.

I am a journalist for a paper and studied journalism through high school and college. And the job that belongs to us is to expose the truth- maybe we get the truth in unethical ways but we NEVER insult our audience.

I support Ron Paul and what he stands for, so call him a loon or laugh at him- you are laughing at me because of what I believe in.

^*%^$^%$#%$:mad:

yongrel
01-31-2008, 10:14 PM
Yes, they realize that.

newyearsrevolution08
01-31-2008, 10:15 PM
get mad, it happens just please use that anger in a positive manner.

A journalist is great
A MAD journalist is a great weapon that can help this fight.

NoPants
01-31-2008, 10:17 PM
I have no doubts, they know exactly what they're doing.

SRRP77
01-31-2008, 10:19 PM
I have complained to the SPJ- Society for Professional Journalists code of Ethics- about Fox News prior to joining this board.

I spoke with a chairman over there who lived close to my alma mater. He understood my complaint but because the media is now owned by big business they can't penalize companies for their unethical practice but rather it's a movement that we have to start as an audience. He asked if I complained to Fox (and I had) and he said we need to make direct complaints until something big that is against the law happens- but censorship isn't against the law and acting like bias a-holes apparently isn't.

N13
01-31-2008, 10:25 PM
You are supposed to believe that they are journalists reporting the news. The ruling elite laugh knowing that they have complete control over the minds of the masses. Never underestimate the power of propaganda.

It is very similar to their power over us with the use of centralized banks, the Federal Reserve, and the money supply. They control the economy.

SRRP77
01-31-2008, 10:27 PM
You know that Anderson Cooper is heir of the Vanderbilt family...guess being rich or related to someone famous is as good as a masters in journalism.

merrimac
02-01-2008, 12:07 AM
You know that Anderson Cooper is heir of the Vanderbilt family...guess being rich or related to someone famous is as good as a masters in journalism.

To me he seems stuck up.

And it's not just the RP people they are insulting, it really is everyone.

Goldwater Conservative
02-01-2008, 12:32 AM
The best part is that they're insulting the tens of thousands of men and women in uniform who support Ron and have made or are making sacrifices for this country every day.

bcreps85
02-01-2008, 12:32 AM
I'm sure they realize it...and normally they get away with it.

With us however, they will fall victim to BLOWBACK. We warned them, they ignored it.