PDA

View Full Version : I am interviewing Ron Paul tomorrow for a Christian Podcast. Suggest a question...

RonPaulVolunteer
01-31-2008, 10:13 PM
I am interviewing Ron Paul TODAY for a Christian Podcast.
Help me out with the questions I should ask.

Post your suggestions...
What do you want to know about the faith of Ron Paul...??

The questions so far...

Main Questions
#Tell us why today is important to you and Carol.
#Share openly about your faith.
#How do the teachings of Jesus inform your political philosophy?
#Every Rep Presidential candidate since Roe v Wade has claimed to be pro-life. None of them have fulfilled their promise to America of ending abortion. This time around, all the remaining candidates are repeating those same empty promises. What makes Ron Paul different.
#Many Christian's today are in full support of the war in Iraq, yet you're against the war, tell us why and can you explain this just-war theory you talk about.
#You want to close the department of education, but some people are scared that if you do this you'll lower the standard of education in America, can you explain why you'd do this.

If I have time...
#The current administration, and all of your Rep opponents are looking for any possible excuse to invade Iran. They say it will make America safer. Explain.
#In the debates and in your speeches, you're a poster-child for humility. Humility is a rare thing amongst Presidential candidates right now, how important do you feel it is for the President of the world's only super-power to act in humility.
#Could you tell us how your faith has helped you through difficult times.

If I really have a lot more time...
#How are Jesus' teachings reflected in libertarianism?
#Can you explain these three acts you have introduced, sanctity of life act, we the people act and homeschool freedom act.
#Do you have any favorite Christian authors?

DeadtoSin
01-31-2008, 10:15 PM
What is your response to a Christian who does not support you because of your position on Iraq? (Hopefully you can get this in so I can show my church.)

yongrel
01-31-2008, 10:15 PM
Ask him why his faith has no bearing on his candidacy for presidency.

Ask him why it is that people let religion distract from the real issues.

Tratzman
01-31-2008, 10:17 PM
"Can you talk about some of the spiritual beliefs of our Founding Fathers and how they compare to yours? Were they mostly deists? Did they believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible?"

diesirae
01-31-2008, 10:18 PM
I am interviewing Ron Paul tomorrow for a Christian Podcast.

Post your suggestions...

"You've long been a supporter of State's Rights, and have argued that jurisdiction for "any claim involving the laws, regulations, or policies of any State or unit of local government relating to the free exercise or establishment of religion," should be removed from Federal Courts and vested in those of the States. (see We the People Act (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:h4379 )) As a man of faith, how do you feel this affects the protections religious minorities have in the United States? Do you, personally, believe that freedom of religion should be protected in all states, or that which religions are acceptable be decided on a State by State basis?

Oh yeah, that'll go over real well on the Christian podcast. Why not just ask him why he worships a fictitious moon-god who is the personification of the Egyptian deity Horus?

RonPaulVolunteer
What is your response to a Christian who does not support you because of your position on Iraq? (Hopefully you can get this in so I can show my church.)

Crap. Glad I asked for question. I would never have thought of this one. And I WILL ask it!

He tends to waffle on though, so I hope I can get a few answered. I am being given 4 min.

ronpaulfan

Boo. That will turn off Christians who believe their faith guides their actions.

Jeremy
01-31-2008, 10:19 PM
"Can you talk about some of the spiritual beliefs of our Founding Fathers and how they compare to yours? Were they mostly deists? Did they believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible?"

I disagree with these questions

We don't need questions asking about religion guys. Just things that Christans like.

Shink
01-31-2008, 10:20 PM
How important should humility be for public figures and especially a President?

Jeremy
01-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Ask him why it is important for the government to be fiscally conservative.

ronpaulfan
01-31-2008, 10:21 PM
Ask him how he thinks the Islamic world will react to the USA electing a Christian Minister as President.

"Do you think this will increase Islamic extremism or decrease it?"

Mckarnin
01-31-2008, 10:21 PM

Post your suggestions...
What do you want to know about the faith of Ron Paul...??\

Ask him if his faith has ever helped him through a tough time in his life...Christians like to hear about how a person's faith effects their life in times of sorrow.

RobS
01-31-2008, 10:22 PM
I disagree with these questions

We don't need questions asking about religion guys. Just things that Christans like.

I disagree, this is a podcast for Christians, they want to hear about his faith.

I would like him to be asked about his walk with God and if he has ever gone through low points in his walk with God.

Derek Johnson
Ask him about the bible's just war and how modern wars simply do not fit that formula.

Ask him about his position on foreign policy as it related to the "global war on terror".

DeadtoSin
Guys, just because you think believing in Christ is irrational or something, please be open-minded (I mean, thats your guys mantra right?) enough to allow someone to reach out to the Christian community. I mean, you guys do want votes right? You guys would like Ron Paul to win wouldn't you, or are you secretly trying to undermine Ron Paul by taking away the votes from his Christian base by insulting them?

I say this because there are a couple people being SLIGHTLY offensive. Nothing too bad, but try to keep it on the positive side.

rs3515
I'd suggest questions that help to reinforce why he is a good vote for Christians. Feel free to formulate questions based on any of the points we created on the following website:

http://www.rp-supporters.com/compare.html

Such as ...
* What do you see as the best pathway to making abortion illegal? (would answer about the authority of states, not allowing Federal court jurisdiction of Roe v. Wade)
* How can we improve the education system in our country?
* What are your feelings about school prayer, and public displays of religious items such as nativity scenes?
etc.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-31-2008, 10:23 PM
These questions should be firmly speaking to Huckabee lemmings...

AggieforPaul
"Does the War in Iraq meet the standard of a 'Just War' as outlined in the Just War Theory of Christianity?"

DeadtoSin
I disagree, this is a podcast for Christians, they want to hear about his faith.

I would like him to be asked about his walk with God and if he has ever gone through low points in his walk with God.

RonPaulVolunteer, I know you liked my question, but I'm begging you to throw this one in there as well if you pick any other question! :)

ronpaulfan
01-31-2008, 10:24 PM
Ask him how he thinks the Islamic world will react to the USA electing a Christian Minister as President.

"Do you think this will increase Islamic extremism or decrease it?"

I'm dead serious. Please ask him this. Everyone is sidestepping this issue and it should be addressed.

yongrel
01-31-2008, 10:24 PM
What's the audience of your podcast? Is it of any substantial size? Is it already pro-Ron Paul?

RonPaulVolunteer
01-31-2008, 10:25 PM
Guys, just because you think believing in Christ is irrational or something, please be open-minded (I mean, thats your guys mantra right?) enough to allow someone to reach out to the Christian community. I mean, you guys do want votes right? You guys would like Ron Paul to win wouldn't you, or are you secretly trying to undermine Ron Paul by taking away the votes from his Christian base by insulting them?

I say this because there are a couple people being SLIGHTLY offensive. Nothing too bad, but try to keep it on the positive side.

+!

Jeremy
01-31-2008, 10:27 PM

Um... I'm an Evangelical Christian myself, lol

Don't ask about why Christians are"right" obviously, heh
"walk with God" may not be OK... I'd just stick to why Christians support him (because they do)

and bring up Ronald Reagan probabaly

josh24601
01-31-2008, 10:28 PM
Ask him to explain how Jesus' teachings are reflected in libertarianism.

If you want to prod him along, ask him why Jesus spent his time on the street speaking to the poor and marginalized rather than taking over the Roman senate, and how he views that in terms of his philosophy of government.

This sounds like an amazing interview, where will it be available online?

scandinaviany3

Post your suggestions...

Ask to explain his sanctity of life act, his we the people act and homeschool freedom act...could use the response answers.

RonPaulVolunteer
What's the audience of your podcast? Is it of any substantial size? Is it already pro-Ron Paul?

Um, it is extremely massive, many many Church leaders subscribed. I can't possibly know if people are pro-Ron Paul or not.

Jeremy
Ask him to explain how Jesus' teachings are reflected in libertarianism.

If you want to prod him along, ask him why Jesus spent his time on the street speaking to the poor and marginalized rather than taking over the Roman senate, and how he views that in terms of his philosophy of government.

This sounds like an amazing interview, where will it be available online?

No, no, no... :rolleyes:

This is for something the host to talk about after, not Ron Paul

And I'm an Evangelical, so trust me here guys D:

Alabama Supporter
01-31-2008, 10:29 PM
"How will you protect the 'chosen' people of Israel? How do you feel about arming the Arabs 3 times as much as the Israeli's?"

"Would Jesus bomb Iran?"

samforpaul
01-31-2008, 10:29 PM
Mention how wikipedia says that while he was a doctor he "assisted needy patients".

Sooo.... how about: Dr. Paul, I think many people would like to know more about your outreach to the poor, could you elaborate upon the benevolent work you have done?

mrchubbs
01-31-2008, 10:30 PM
We rarely get a chance to hear the truly personable side of Ron Paul. I think asking him about how his faith has helped him through a dark time may bring some of that good personable stuff we get from time to time out. Something to show people that he isn't some old grandfatherly scholar who knows about the world but doesn't "live" in it.

I'm not saying I see him this way, necessarily. I think that some do see him this way though, and it's important to get his personal side out there more. A good question can do that, I think.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-31-2008, 10:30 PM
Remember, I have 4 minutes. Ron waffles on a lot, so I may get only 3 or 4 questions.

weatherbill
01-31-2008, 10:31 PM
I ama christian and know the mind of the church..... don't listen to some of these folks becasue they are probably not christians themselves and do not know what kind of questions to ask.....

here, ask these questions????

"Dr Paul, can you tell us, what legislative actions have you taken to protect te rights of the unborn???"

Dr Paul, Christians sometimes claim the modern day Iraqis are the olt testament Amalikites and therefor, they feel more justified in our soldiers killing Iraqis. Can you tell us what you think of this?"

Dr Paul, Christians claim Israel needs protection and that's why we should be at war in the middle east. Can you explain why this is?"

Dr Paul, over 100,000 innocent children in Iraq have been killed this war. Can you tell us what Jesus would think of this?"

Dr Paul, why wouldn't Jesus want a one world government? Would it not make for world peace?"

Dr Paul, do you think any of the other candidates would seriously put military on the border, to protect us?"

Dr Paul, Jesus says, 'Blessed are the peace makers'. How can we make peace with war? Is it peace thru strength that we will protect our shores, as some claim?"

Ask these kinds of questions and you will begin to open the eyes of some christians

Jeremy
01-31-2008, 10:31 PM
If you want to talk about Jesus, leave it to the host.

Caravello
01-31-2008, 10:32 PM
Whether Romney's and Huck's lack of military service jibes well with their aggressive military stances. In other words, how does he feel that two men who have never served are yet so eager to push young men into wars and to prolong the Iraq occupation.

Alabama Supporter
01-31-2008, 10:32 PM
Mention how wikipedia says that while he was a doctor he "assisted needy patients".

Sooo.... how about: Dr. Paul, I think many people would like to know more about your outreach to the poor, could you elaborate upon the benevolent work you have done?

:):):) Ding ding ding!!! This is a great one.

Knightskye
01-31-2008, 10:33 PM

Article VI, Paragraph 3 of the Constitution:

but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

He's the champion of the Constitution! Come on! :p

gracebkr
01-31-2008, 10:35 PM

Post your suggestions...

What about freedom and following the constitution will help the Christian faith flourish?

DeadtoSin
01-31-2008, 10:46 PM
Gracebkr, that is a great question. In fact, its a question I've never really pondered...now I have to think about that all night..

lasenorita
01-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Allow him to talk about "morality". That's the one thing Christians (especially Huckabee supporters) always seem to bring up: about how morality needs to restored to America. Obviously, a nation can't be moral if its starts wars with other countries, forcibly takes money from its own citizens to give to others (and waste half of it on inefficiency and bureaucracy), manipulates the value of its currency and causes the savings of its people to lose its worth, bankrupting the future generation by borrowing from China/Japan to fund our occupation of foreign countries, ignoring the pleas of its soldiers and their families for much-needed care and rest (what with the extended tours of duties, woeful safety equipment, limited attention being brought to sufferers of post-traumatic stress disorder, etc.) ...I could go on and on, but Dr. Paul explains it better than I do.

For a more personal question, ask him how he can be so patient when he's being marginalized and ignored by so many. Jesus told us to turn the other cheek, but it is nonetheless a big challenge to stay humble and kind when one's words and actions are twisted beyond belief and attacks against one's integrity and sanity are made constantly.

Shink
01-31-2008, 10:49 PM

Bump PICK ME!!!

josh24601
01-31-2008, 10:50 PM
Remember, I have 4 minutes. Ron waffles on a lot, so I may get only 3 or 4 questions.

Even more reason... ask him how Jesus' teachings inform his political philosophy.

I can write an essay about how Jesus is the ultimate libertarian, but I'll spare this thread the wall of text.

Suffice it to say, Dr. Paul will knock it out of the park, and your listeners will be singing Hosannas.

They don't want to hear fiscal policy, new world order, or cute little anecdotes. If you can show how Dr. Paul's core beliefs are a direct descendant of the teachings of Jesus Christ (they are, by the way) it's a home run.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-31-2008, 10:54 PM
How about some questions along the lines of his 51st wedding anniversary...

Shink
01-31-2008, 10:56 PM

Final bump-- I think he'd impress with this one. Mention the humility of Jesus.

RonPaulVolunteer
Even more reason... ask him how Jesus' teachings inform his political philosophy.

I can write an essay about how Jesus is the ultimate libertarian, but I'll spare this thread the wall of text.

Suffice it to say, Dr. Paul will knock it out of the park, and your listeners will be singing Hosannas.

They don't want to hear fiscal policy, new world order, or cute little anecdotes. If you can show how Dr. Paul's core beliefs are a direct descendant of the teachings of Jesus Christ (they are, by the way) it's a home run.

YEP! And remember folks, this is a CHRISTIAN podcast, so no need to worry about it turning off pre-believers...

ForLibertyFight
Ask him about Carol Paul and their 51 years of marriage. I think christian voters would love the fact that he has been married to the same woman for 51 years.

garyallen59
01-31-2008, 10:57 PM
How he feels about reformed theology, and if he likes to read Charles Spurgeon.

Mithridates
01-31-2008, 10:59 PM
It might have been mentioned in the five pages already, but maybe a detailed explanation on the Just War doctrine and how it's rooted in Christian principle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_War

DeadtoSin
01-31-2008, 11:00 PM
In what ways has your faith enriched your marriage?

InLoveWithRon
01-31-2008, 11:00 PM
Ask Paul why he always says he wants to eliminate the department of education during his debates without following up on why .. Tell him that Paul supporters understand the department of education is a very corrupt organization, but the average Joe out there thinks getting rid of the department of education is a bad thing.. Because average Joe thinks the department is the backbone of our educational system and schools..

When mothers hear Paul wants to get rid of the department of education they go crazy.. They think Paul wants to take away the learning ability for their children.. Ron needs to hammer home why that isn't the case.. he needs to step up and say why exactly is the department of education a corrupt organization.. And how getting rid of it would make our kids learn more..

There was a great 20/20 episode on youtube how the department of education is totally corrupt and stealing our taxpaying money.. Ron needs to run that home to people..

fj45lvr
01-31-2008, 11:02 PM
maybe something about the founders (many of who were christians) revolution and war for our liberty in contrast to many christians who preach submission to their rulers (despots included).

bluemarkets
01-31-2008, 11:04 PM
ask him .... Both Huckabee and you are pro-life ...

Huckabee wants to amend the constitution and you would like to give the states
back the right to decide?

Why do you choose this and why is this better??

I think this is a good question, Ive run into christians stuck on this ...

gracebkr
01-31-2008, 11:11 PM
Gracebkr, that is a great question. In fact, its a question I've never really pondered...now I have to think about that all night..

I know freedom will allow my children in a public school where our faith will not be trampled. I refuse to send my kids to a school where ID theory is banned. I think it is totally wrong to silence people who think differently than the main stream science. I also think this would permit public schools to have Christian groups before school and after. Also, this protects the unborn. There is so many reasons for Christians to get on board with the guy who follows the Constitution. I always knew the Constitution protected us and the government was butting their nose where it did not belong. We pay taxes too, we have just as much right as any other organization to be on public grounds worshiping. Kids getting mics pulled at graduations for thanking God. Our founders did not want any laws about religion, prohibition or endorsing. They have prohibited us. Plus a right to LIFE! The Bible also says that Jesus said there would come a day when we ought to sell the clothes off our back for a sword, obviously a gun will do now, but not if they take away our second amendment. I think Ron Paul knows this and probably more. Glad you liked the question.

josh24601
01-31-2008, 11:21 PM
YEP! And remember folks, this is a CHRISTIAN podcast, so no need to worry about it turning off pre-believers...

Pre believers, I like that.

Honestly, I'll just say what I said one more time and stop spamming, but I really really think asking him how Jesus and His teachings inform Dr. Paul's political philosophy and beliefs is the way to go. In such a short period of time, that's the best way to convey "This is a man of God who wants to govern as a man of God"

Follow up questions about abortion / his experience as an OBGYN, Just War Theory and how he would command the military (and how that view comes from the Bible), and if time permits, the economy in general (since everybody is concerned about it).

If you can get all of those things into your session, I have to believe we will have some new RP supporters on our hands.

Just as a side note, it really angers/bums me out how the Evangelical movement has been so hijacked by warmongering, it's a travesty and a shame. Ron Paul is probably one of the most ideal Christian leaders we have seen in a long time, and that's because his faith is displayed through his actions, not a megaphone.

Huckabee, take note.

Will this be available anywhere to listen to?

RonPaulVolunteer
01-31-2008, 11:35 PM
Will this be available anywhere to listen to?

Yes, I will post the interview.

Akus
01-31-2008, 11:38 PM
Who would be his toughest opponent in this race?

tonyr1988
01-31-2008, 11:39 PM
ask him .... Both Huckabee and you are pro-life ...

Huckabee wants to amend the constitution and you would like to give the states
back the right to decide?

Why do you choose this and why is this better??

I think this is a good question, Ive run into christians stuck on this ...

Yes, and please....somewhere (either during the interview or when RP is gone), make sure to bring up his Sanctity of Life Act and how it would eliminate Roe v. Wade overnight, permanently. 99% of Christians don't know about this amazing piece of legislation that no other candidate has publicly supported.

coffeewithchess
01-31-2008, 11:43 PM
Ask him, "Do you have a favorite book of the Bible or favorite scripture verse?"

IPSecure
01-31-2008, 11:43 PM
Since it IS Our Money!!!

Please take it, via matching funds.

We could double the money you need to defeat the liars, cheaters, and thieves running the establishment.

chrisclements
01-31-2008, 11:49 PM
Ask him why he has not been more aggressive during the debates and has been so polite to raise his hand, wait his turn and not directly attack any of the other candidates?

RonPaulVolunteer
02-01-2008, 12:30 AM
+!

RonPaulVolunteer
02-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Main Questions
#Every Rep Presidential candidate since Roe v Wade has claimed to be pro-life. None of them have fulfilled their promise to America of ending abortion. This time around, all the remaining candidates are repeating those same empty promises. What makes Ron Paul different.
#Many Christian's today are in full support of the war in Iraq, yet you're against the war, tell us why and can you explain this just-war theory you talk about.
#You want to close the department of education, but some people are scared that if you do this you'll lower the standard of education in America, can you explain why you'd do this.

If I have time...
#The current administration, and all of your Rep opponents are looking for any possible excuse to invade Iran. They say it will make America safer. Explain.
#In the debates and in your speeches, you're a poster-child for humility. Humility is a rare thing amongst Presidential candidates right now, how important do you feel it is for the President of the world's only super-power to act in humility.

#Can you explain these three acts you have introduced, sanctity of life act, we the people act and homeschool freedom act.

DeadtoSin
02-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Awesome job, can't wait to hear it.

bluemarkets
02-01-2008, 12:50 AM
his favorite contemporary or past theologian ...

Theocrat
02-01-2008, 01:17 AM
Ask Dr. Paul this: What does the Bible teach us about the penalty for an individual who murders an innocent person?

RonPaulVolunteer
02-01-2008, 01:23 AM
Ask Dr. Paul this: What does the Bible teach us about the penalty for an individual who murders an innocent person?

Yeah, because voters are DYING to know the answer to that... :confused:

Theocrat
02-01-2008, 01:28 AM

I'm one of those voters who is just dying to know. ;)

PauliticsPolitics
02-01-2008, 01:29 AM

oh come' on, people on death row aren't voters, felons can't vote in most states.:rolleyes:

sorry, bad joke...

Perry
02-01-2008, 01:53 AM

Post your suggestions...

The questions so far...

Main Questions

If I have time...

I HAVE AN IMPORTANT QUESTION THAT COULD SWAY MANY CHRISTIANS TO RON PAUL.

I am sorry but this is IMPORTANT and will only take a second. This is a very calculated question. Ask Ron Paul if, as a Christian, he believes the neo-conservative movement(or modern day Republicans) are blessing or cursing the state of Israel.
Many Christians hold the state of Israel close to their heart and many believe the republicans are blessing Israel. The bible says "I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you". If Ron Paul says that we are cursing Israel by bringing additional troubles upon them this will SHOCK many Christians and cause them to stop and think. I can tell you this from personal experience.
I hope you will give this some consideration. I really believe this very short question could have profound implications for those Christians who hear it. Most American Republicans don't know it but we are no longer a blessing unto Israel!

Another question would be to ask him if he would ever attempt to force Israel to give up land for peace as Clinton & Carter did. We all know the answer will be a resounding NO because he wishes to stay out of the affairs of other nations. Hearing him say this would be very powerful again for many republican Christians who care about Israel.

josh24601
02-01-2008, 01:55 AM
Awesome set of questions, I can't wait to hear this interview.

Physics
02-01-2008, 02:32 AM
I do not have a question. Please tell him that a physicist in Oregon thanks him for his service, and to keep on fighting the good fight! I will keep working hard for him, if he keeps up the good work. Thanks.

dblee
02-01-2008, 04:30 AM
where is the RSS feed for the podcast?!

RonPaulVolunteer
02-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Any last minute question additions?

constituent
02-01-2008, 11:31 AM
\

Ask him if his faith has ever helped him through a tough time in his life...Christians like to hear about how a person's faith effects their life in times of sorrow.

particularly stories w/ lots of salacious details.

constituent
02-01-2008, 11:32 AM
I HAVE AN IMPORTANT QUESTION THAT COULD SWAY MANY CHRISTIANS TO RON PAUL.

I am sorry but this is IMPORTANT and will only take a second. This is a very calculated question. Ask Ron Paul if, as a Christian, he believes the neo-conservative movement(or modern day Republicans) are blessing or cursing the state of Israel.
Many Christians hold the state of Israel close to their heart and many believe the republicans are blessing Israel. The bible says "I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you". If Ron Paul says that we are cursing Israel by bringing additional troubles upon them this will SHOCK many Christians and cause them to stop and think. I can tell you this from personal experience.
I hope you will give this some consideration. I really believe this very short question could have profound implications for those Christians who hear it. Most American Republicans don't know it but we are no longer a blessing unto Israel!

Another question would be to ask him if he would ever attempt to force Israel to give up land for peace as Clinton & Carter did. We all know the answer will be a resounding NO because he wishes to stay out of the affairs of other nations. Hearing him say this would be very powerful again for many republican Christians who care about Israel.

the one-two punch, great work perry!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Please ask him if he plans on having Jane Roe appeal to any pro life groups on his behalf and really hammer home the fact that he was the only candidate to even bother to show up at the march for life and that he has the endorsement of Jane Roe who is one of the most well known pro life advocates out there.

BillyDkid
02-01-2008, 11:36 AM
How do you manage to contain your anger when you are treated unfairly by the media - particularly in the debates? Also, (and maybe this isn't really a question) the media isn't doing a disservice to you so much by the unfair treatent, but to the American people by preventing them from hearing your message and any other point of view they oppose. Do you think, maybe, you should make the point in the debates that the moderators are not hurting you, but are denying the American people the opportunity to make an informed decision?

BillyDkid
02-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Theocrat??? Meaning you want a theocracy??? Please, I hope that isn't so. Also, murder is not a federal crime and is not germaine to the Presidential election.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-01-2008, 12:55 PM
+!