PDA

View Full Version : I love this R.P. billboard. We need to duplicate it everywhere.

EastWindRain
01-31-2008, 09:41 PM
http://www.ronpaulkc.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/ronme-002cropped.jpg
Many thanks to Victor and Lora for getting this up! Its on 71 highway, just off Bannister Road MO.

Can we somehow make "Political Yard Signs" similar to this billboard?

The below sign is okay,

http://students4paul.com/signs/yardsign.jpg

but doesn't promote any issues which will make citizens take action. So why should a new person be converted by such a boring unspecific sign? We need signs that are specific to key issues. Millions of Americans are upset about the 3 issues raised in the billboard.

Let's get to work now and make superior signs that spread Ron Paul's message far and wide. I would take the initiative myself, but sadly lack the computer skills necessary to make such artistic displays. Can anyone help?

Jae0
01-31-2008, 09:42 PM
I dont think eliminating the IRS should be the biggest issue.

Royksopp
01-31-2008, 09:42 PM
Republicans dont like Paul's stance on the war. It doesnt win him votes.

EastWindRain
01-31-2008, 09:49 PM
Republicans dont like Paul's stance on the war. It doesnt win him votes.

Well that is his stance on the war, and Millions (hundreds of thousands anyway) of people are supporting Ron Paul because of that stance.

Royksopp
01-31-2008, 09:51 PM
Well that is his stance on the war, and Millions of people are supporting Ron Paul because of that stance.

But sadly we're no longer gaining votes from it. In fact it is alienating us from the GOP voters.

GOP voters are all we are interested in now. No point in trying to convince Democrats.

derdy
01-31-2008, 09:54 PM
But sadly we're no longer gaining votes from it. In fact it is alienating us from the GOP voters.

GOP voters are all we are interested in now. No point in trying to convince Democrats.

I beg to difffer.

My dad is now voting for Ron Paul in the primaries in MO because Edwards dropped out.

EastWindRain
01-31-2008, 09:54 PM
If Ron Paul were to change his mind and become pro war, his candidacy would be over. For he would of really alienated the supporters who got him to where he is now.

Jae0
01-31-2008, 09:55 PM
No one sad he should change his mind.

RPIdeaMan08
01-31-2008, 09:56 PM
but paul's probably not going to win the republican nomination, it's is a good sing for his independent run.

slacker921
01-31-2008, 10:09 PM
The yard sign is very effective because it doesn't have any negative connotations attached to it. It just looks professional and has his name on it. Name recognition is what is needed. It also can't have much text on it because it's so small, meant to be read from a distance, etc.

Simple messages work too .. "smaller government", "less taxes", "lower debt", "more freedom" without pushing hot buttons. Specific messages like "end the war now" are devisive and so you know you'll turn off a certain percentage of voters with it even if you turn some on.

some other billboards (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=85481&highlight=st.+louis+billboards) to get ideas from..

EastWindRain
01-31-2008, 10:13 PM
I believe I have heard Alex Jones say that 70% of the American public are against the war. I am not sure what his source was however.

EastWindRain
01-31-2008, 10:18 PM
The yard sign is very effective because it doesn't have any negative connotations attached to it. It just looks professional and has his name on it. Name recognition is what is needed. It also can't have much text on it because it's so small, meant to be read from a distance, etc.

Simple messages work too .. "smaller government", "less taxes", "lower debt", "more freedom" without pushing hot buttons. Specific messages like "end the war now" are devisive and so you know you'll turn off a certain percentage of voters with it even if you turn some on.

some other billboards (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=85481&highlight=st.+louis+billboards) to get ideas from..

Yes but the yard sign does not have any Positive connotations attached to it either. It is just a plain old boring political sign that says nothing. Except name recognition.

Mckarnin
01-31-2008, 10:24 PM
http://www.ronpaulkc.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/ronme-002cropped.jpg
Many thanks to Victor and Lora for getting this up! Its on 71 highway, just off Bannister Road MO.

Can we somehow make "Political Yard Signs" similar to this billboard?

The below sign is okay,

http://students4paul.com/signs/yardsign.jpg

but doesn't promote any issues which will make citizens take action. So why should a new person be converted by such a boring unspecific sign? We need signs that are specific to key issues. Millions of Americans are upset about the 3 issues raised in the billboard.

Let's get to work now and make superior signs that spread Ron Paul's message far and wide. I would take the initiative myself, but sadly lack the computer skills necessary to make such artistic displays. Can anyone help?

I don't like to criticize grassroots efforts but if we're looking to put up a lot of something...I want billboards for Ron Paul to look much more professional than that. I have seen ads for governors and mayors that are better done.

EastWindRain
01-31-2008, 10:38 PM
I don't like to criticize grassroots efforts but if we're looking to put up a lot of something...I want billboards for Ron Paul to look much more professional than that. I have seen ads for governors and mayors that are better done.

Please provide some examples of billboards, which contain bulleted points, that are better done, so that we can follow their example.

qh4dotcom
01-31-2008, 11:06 PM

If the Democrats care about their bank accounts they should switch to Ron Paul....if they are stubborn about it then the IRS will make them pay later for their defiance