PDA

View Full Version : A theory I have...

tarabyte
01-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Having just watched the Democrat debate tonight, I have a strong suspicion that CNN is trying to get an Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama democratic ticket, while at the same time undermining any sort of GOP candidacy.

I never really had considered that Clinton and Obama might team up for the same ticket, but now it appears that way. Like the news elite want to have those two TOGETHER in the white house.

This is accentuated by the horrible Reagan Library debate, whereby CNN just let Romney and McCain make fools out of themselves in a pissing match, and did not talk about actual policies nor allow Paul or Huckabee any real time. Cooper didn't bother to cut off the pissing match, but yet he cut off Paul after 10 seconds in the middle of a response, and then lied to both Paul and Huckabee about giving them a fair chance later.

I honestly think that CNN is trying to undermine the legitimacy of the GOP and get Amercians to focus on electing the democratic party with a combined Obama and Hillary ticket. I believe that this is CNN's political agenda.

IDefendThePlatform
01-31-2008, 09:29 PM
I don't know the specifics, but I agree in principle.

I don't think there is any doubt that CNN has had a distinct liberal bias for years. Getting Democrats elected is job #1 at that network. All news is biased and I think half the reason they covered RP as much as they did was to discredit the other pro-war republicans. This is the same reason Faux news ignores Paul, because he makes the Republicans look dumb.

redzone
01-31-2008, 09:43 PM
I honestly think that CNN is trying to undermine the legitimacy of the GOP and get Amercians to focus on electing the democratic party with a combined Obama and Hillary ticket. I believe that this is CNN's political agenda.

I'm not saying you are wrong. What I'm saying is that the GOP has no one to blame but themselves. How did the GOP become the party of war? How did the GOP become the party of elitists? How did the GOP become the party of religion? How did the GOP become the party of big goverment? How did the GOP become the party of wasteful spending?

To quote a great, great man........"what's going on here?"

dbhohio47
01-31-2008, 09:55 PM
I think you are quite correct in some respects. CNN is clearly a liberal leaning news organization, but I don't think it is particularly their strategy to totally manipulate who gets elected. If that were the case, they would give Ron Paul substantially more air time and credibility in promoting an anti-war position (democrat stance) to further undermine the republican party platform. As it is, the republicans are doing a great job of destroying themselves in continuing to support failed neo-con policy. I believe CNN (and the other networks) are motivated more by simple greed and ratings. They want to air the politicians that are "hot". MSNBC and Fox, being more republican oriented, also have the motivation of marginalizing Paul in that his positions are anti-republican ticket; and only serve to fracture support within the party.

I think its very subtle, but, having also watched the Democratic debate, I believe that Obama's strategists are already courting the Ron Paul crossover vote in the manner in which he differentiates himself with Hillary. Anybody else notice this?

tarabyte
01-31-2008, 10:04 PM
I think its very subtle, but, having also watched the Democratic debate, I believe that Obama's strategists are already courting the Ron Paul crossover vote in the manner in which he differentiates himself with Hillary. Anybody else notice this?

From watching this democrat debate tonight, I have to agree with you. Obama is starting to talk like Ron Paul on certain issues, like the war in Iraq. And how he never voted to go in there, and that it is a mess, and that withdrawal needs to happen. I think that Obama is paying a lot of attention to what is going on with the Ron Paul campaign. I also think that Obama is getting the largest amount of youth voter support, and is heavily competing with Ron Paul on youth votes.

I have wonder if the democrat's strategy is to get people behind a "not another old white guy in the white house" mentality. If Obama and Clinton team up, as I predict they will from this debate, they will be a huge force to be reckoned with. I think Ron Paul is the only GOP candidate who could take on a combined ticket, so the GOP really should be supporting Dr. Paul if they want GOP to stay in the white house.

colin1
01-31-2008, 10:37 PM
From watching this democrat debate tonight, I have to agree with you. Obama is starting to talk like Ron Paul on certain issues, like the war in Iraq. And how he never voted to go in there, and that it is a mess, and that withdrawal needs to happen. I think that Obama is paying a lot of attention to what is going on with the Ron Paul campaign. I also think that Obama is getting the largest amount of youth voter support, and is heavily competing with Ron Paul on youth votes.

I have wonder if the democrat's strategy is to get people behind a "not another old white guy in the white house" mentality. If Obama and Clinton team up, as I predict they will from this debate, they will be a huge force to be reckoned with. I think Ron Paul is the only GOP candidate who could take on a combined ticket, so the GOP really should be supporting Dr. Paul if they want GOP to stay in the white house.

The GOP doesn't really care because there's not much difference between them and the Dems. They're just different factions of the same ruling party. It doesn't matter if they elect Hillary or Obama or McCain or Romney were going to get more government spending, more war and more erosion of our civil liberties. I mean, Obama voted to renew the Patriot Act for f**** sake! :mad:

tarabyte
01-31-2008, 10:41 PM
I mean, Obama voted to renew the Patriot Act for f**** sake! :mad:

WTF? Thanks for telling me this...strong selling point to my former-Kuchinich-now-Obama-supporting friends.

The One
01-31-2008, 10:44 PM
Having just watched the Democrat debate tonight, I have a strong suspicion that CNN is trying to get an Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama democratic ticket, while at the same time undermining any sort of GOP candidacy.

In other news, bears have been seen shitting in the woods. Details at 10......

colin1
01-31-2008, 11:15 PM
WTF? Thanks for telling me this...strong selling point to my former-Kuchinich-now-Obama-supporting friends.

Here for confirmation purposes (you know how kooky we RP supporters can be :D)

http://www.vote-smart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=9490&type=category&category=61&go.x=9&go.y=12

Current Office: U.S. Senate
Current District: Junior Seat
Office Seeking: President (Announced, General)
First Elected: 11/02/2004
Last Elected: 11/02/2004
Next Election: 2010
Party: Democratic

03/02/2006 USA PATRIOT and Terrorism Prevention Reauthorization Y

It really upset me when I saw it because I thought, well at least he wouldn't be for Big Brother legislation...wrong :(