PDA

View Full Version : McCain leading in Minnesota?

A. Havnes
01-31-2008, 08:47 PM
I stumbled accross this article: http://wcco.com/election/presidential.poll.minnesota.2.642369.html

If it's accurate, we have a LOT of work to do. Of course, it doesn't even mention our guy's name!

teshuah
01-31-2008, 09:02 PM
I am going to C&P my email I sent out to other precinct leaders around me in MN...hope you can glean something from it.

It is getting crunch time, folks. I don’t know if y’all have signed up on this list and done nothing with it just far, but please – please do! The precincts that have Paul getting a large majority of votes (1st or 2nd place) are ones that have volunteers canvassing. I know the weather has been cold but it will warm up this weekend.

I, myself, am in no position to physically go door-to-door due to some annoying circumstances, but I have been making phone calls. I should have started a while ago, but I just really started a couple days ago.
I do not like the advocacy script. I have been calling and saying that I am Teshu'ah, a neighbor who lives in XXX (with a general location) and ask if they have a moment. I get a positive response with this. Then I proceed and tell them I am a Volunteer supporter with the Ron Paul campaign just calling trying to get an idea of who my neighbors might be supporting in the upcoming Democratic or Republican Caucus. I have only had one person say they believe that is personal information they should share. If they are undecided, I ask them do they generally lean Republican or Democrat. They answer and then I ask them what their top concerns are right now. I feel out each call. If it seems they might be receptive to hearing about Ron Paul’s stance on one of those issues I ask them if they I may share with them what Ron Paul would do regarding that issue. Most times I end up giving the Ron Paul website. I encourage them to attend the caucus for Ron Paul if they seem receptive to the message over the phone and give the location.

One supporter was a Ron Paul supporter but knew nothing of the Caucus and he’s even on the School Board in town here! I encouraged him to come and try to be a delegate. I also spoke with a 20yo who wasn’t “into politics”. I asked what the most important issue is and it was abortion. I told him about the Sanctity of Life act and he was pretty much hooked. I ended up the call hearing him typing in the RP2008 website on the computer as I told her the URL. I got to educate him on taxes and the economy and the importance of the caucus and warned him about a possible draft if we continue in war. He didn’t like to hear about that.

Men and women, supporters and voices of freedom – Hit the pavement or get on the phones! You only have a few days left! Give up your weekend for it -your children will thank you for it down the road. We need to win MN for RP. He might be the only one doing radio advertisements but I have encountered far more undecided’s than anything on the phones here. And, even those who want the war ended still want to see McCain in office! (Yes, I tried to get that logic out of her but she insisted on McCain no matter what). Flood your precincts with Ron Paul Supporters ….

A. Havnes
01-31-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm trying to convert my town, which, unfortuately, is made up of a bunch of war veterans who think McCain is awesome. I'm sending out DVDs.