PDA

View Full Version : Hey old school Metallica fans...

rajibo
01-31-2008, 08:14 PM
...and new school Ron Paul Fans!

I just stumbled across this youtube:

...And Justice for Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA5JiOEYEZY)

SigurdVolsung
01-31-2008, 08:18 PM
When I see this web of people getting paid out of the government and War it seems like some kind of neo-feudalism with a new corporate nobility.

Lord Xar
01-31-2008, 08:19 PM
thats old school Metallica, damnn.. What would it be called if we have like them since "Kill them all"?

InLoveWithRon
01-31-2008, 08:26 PM
And our soldiers are "disposable heroes"..

The lyrics to that song is certainly appropriate considering the recent reports of our soldiers committing suicide through deep depression.. And fighting for a war that is an all-out LIE...

Disposable Heroes - Metallica

Bodies fill the fields I see, hungry heroes end,
No one to play soldier now, no one to pretend,
Running blind through killing fields, Bred to kill them all,
Victim of what said should be,
A servant 'til I fall

Soldier boy, made of clay,
Now an empty shell,
Twenty one, only son,
But he served us well,
Bred to kill, not to care,
Do just as we say,
Finished here, greeting death,
He's yours to take away

Back to the front,
You will do what I say, when I say,
Back to the front,
You will die when I say, you must die,
Back to the front,
You coward,
You servant,
You blindman

Barking of machinegun fire, does nothing to me now,
Sounding of the clock that ticks, get used to it somehow,
More a man, more stripes you bare, glory seeker trends,
Bodies fill the fields I see,
The slaughter never ends

Now an empty shell,
Twenty one, only son,
But he served us well,
Do just as we say,
He's yours to take away

Back to the front,
You will do what I say, when I say,
Back to the front,
Back to the front,
You coward,
You servant,
You blindman

Why, am I dying?
Kill, have no fear,
Lie, live off lying,
Hell, hell is here

I was born for dying

Life planned out before my birth, nothing could I say,
Had no chance to see myself, moulded day by day,
Looking back I realize, nothing have I done,
Left to die with only friend,
Alone I clench my gun

Now an empty shell,
Twenty one, only son,
But he served us well,
Do just as we say,
He's yours to take away

Back to the front,
You willdo what I say, when I say,
Back to the front,
Back to the front,
You coward,
You servant,
You blindman

Back to the front

RSLudlum
01-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Here's one from Metallica's nemisis #1, Megadeth "Paul Sells, But Who's Buyin'?" :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8EDCRLre4M

forsmant
01-31-2008, 08:30 PM
thats old school Metallica, damnn.. What would it be called if we have like them since "Kill them all"?

The black album generally is known as the transition.

KevinR
01-31-2008, 08:31 PM
Frayed Ends of Sanity is still my favorite, but nice :D

InLoveWithRon
01-31-2008, 08:33 PM

Our nation is in a "Sad But true" state..

And the "Holier than thou" mentality our country has over the middle eastern people is a disgrace....

Back to Master of Puppets.. Our Industrial Military complex should be named "Damage Incorporated"

AlexMerced
I was never that into thrash metal, I always a bigger fan of progressive and power metal myself

mysticgeek
That vid kicks @$$!!!!

rajibo
01-31-2008, 08:34 PM

Let me clarify: This was from the last "old school" Metallica album before they started their short road to suckage.

InLoveWithRon
01-31-2008, 08:36 PM

Our nation is in a "Sad But true" state..

And the "Holier than thou" mentality our country has over the middle eastern people is a disgrace....

Back to Master of Puppets.. Our Industrial Military complex should be named "Damage Incorporated"

derdy
01-31-2008, 08:36 PM
I got into Metallica in 5th grade with Master of Puppets. I went to a Catholic school, alot of the kids accused me of being a devil worshiper because of the album art :p

InLoveWithRon
01-31-2008, 08:37 PM
I got into Metallica in 5th grade with Master of Puppets. I went to a Catholic school, alot of the kids accused me of being a devil worshiper because of the album art :p

Idiots.

You find alot more truth in that kind of music than you do in catholic school brainwashing.

Time for Change
01-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Excellent!
The text flies by a bit fast at some points, but I like it!

RSLudlum
01-31-2008, 08:38 PM
I was never that into thrash metal, I always a bigger fan of progressive and power metal myself

Queensryche, Kings X, Rush,...little Tool? :)

rajibo
01-31-2008, 08:40 PM

You're probably a bit older than me...I got into Metallica in the 6th grade with Garage Days...

davidt!
01-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Someone should do a youtube of Ron Paul with this song :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvK0gXJaiw0

rajibo
01-31-2008, 08:43 PM
Someone should do a youtube of Ron Paul with this song :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvK0gXJaiw0

Awe man...I'm embarrassed to say I was a Manowar fan, but I was...:o

derdy
01-31-2008, 08:44 PM
You're probably a bit older than me...I got into Metallica in the 6th grade with Garage Days...

I'm 29

rajibo
01-31-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm 29

Oh crap, Master must have been out for awhile when you discovered it... I'm 32.

mongoose
01-31-2008, 09:01 PM
Let me clarify: This was from the last "old school" Metallica album before they started their short road to suckage.

Yep, I saw them on the Justice tour and never bought anything after that. The Black album sucked, IMO. They went from 6-12 min. kick ass tracks to 4-5 min made for radio bullshit.

Anyway, that was the best Ron Paul vid I have seen yet. Best music and best editing anyway...and great message of course.

Myerz
01-31-2008, 09:04 PM
This really needs to get out there 2300 views? Come on!

Matt Collins
01-31-2008, 10:26 PM
Best Metallica song for RP:
"Don't Tread On Me"

jasonuher
01-31-2008, 10:32 PM
This movie rocked my socks

jasonuher
01-31-2008, 10:36 PM
This video should have been in the part where they were showing the fighting, it gives me the shivers every fucking time.

hamdog
01-31-2008, 10:59 PM

Yep, I saw them on the Justice tour and never bought anything after that. The Black album sucked, IMO. They went from 6-12 min. kick ass tracks to 4-5 min made for radio bullshit.

Anyway, that was the best Ron Paul vid I have seen yet. Best music and best editing anyway...and great message of course.

my sentiments exactly. (33yo here).

great video. keep up the great work peoples.

ProfNo
01-31-2008, 11:20 PM
Great video.

"And Justice For All", in my opinion, is the best Metallica album by far and arguably one of the best albums by any band ever. Yes, I am serious.

mongoose
01-31-2008, 11:24 PM
I would give the slight edge to Kill Em All, but Justice 2nd, then Puppets and Lightning.

Listened to Garage Days a few weeks ago and forgot how good it is also.

I'm 38.

szczebrzeszyn
01-31-2008, 11:29 PM
Any Florida Bay thrashers here? :) There were so many cool death/thrash bands out there in late 80s!

EvoPro
01-31-2008, 11:50 PM
For best albums I vote Ride the Lightning 1 and Justice for all 2nd

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-31-2008, 11:52 PM
Awesome.

Moobi
02-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Awe man...I'm embarrassed to say I was a Manowar fan, but I was...:o
You are not alone. :o

Onslaught_Fei
02-01-2008, 12:07 AM
All of the original thrash metal bands were extremely political. From Metallica's Blackened to Megadeth's Symphony of Destruction to Slayer's Reigning Blood.

Shink
02-01-2008, 12:11 AM

Hey, ...And Justice For All counts as oldschool. It was the last of their good stuff. They had four good albums (correction....AMAZING albums). That's the last horseman. By the way, Kill 'em All fucking rules. I have a hoody with the classic album cover.

*Edit*Mooby, you have a kickass avatar.

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
02-01-2008, 12:18 AM
that was awesome - thanks for the post

mahopaul
02-01-2008, 12:27 AM
This is their best song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=muQRIUVd6Aw

Talcott
02-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Lot's of good tallica tunes can be turned into good youtubes.

This one's written material went by too fast.

And I 2nd the Disposable Heroes nomination.

GTMomma
02-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Great video.

I became a Metallica fan when I saw the video premiere of ...And Justice For All on MTV. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I was a New Kids on the Block fan before that. :o

Anywho... Master of Puppets is my personal fave, Ride the Lightning, then Justice. I was finally able to see them live a few years back (right after St. Anger came out), but I think I would've enjoyed them more back in the day. ;)

InLoveWithRon
02-01-2008, 01:21 AM
//

InLoveWithRon
02-01-2008, 01:22 AM
The first time I saw Metallica was at the Miami arena in 1991 or something during their black album tour.. Absolutely amazing.. i was a fan from 1986 but that was my first show.. Saw em later in the orange bowl in Miami during the load tour.. Kid Rock was the opening act LOL.

Anyways, this was the exact stage set up they had when I saw them in the Miami Arena.. And the same set list.. Amazing amazing.. Look at the "in the round" Stage setup they had. you can see it 10 seconds in.,. Creeping DEATH

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j-rrzdyeDC0

Whoa

Still though. Tool's concert set up was cooler this summer, an awesome set up. But for the time, Metallica rocked as evidenced there

InLoveWithRon
02-01-2008, 01:26 AM
Oh, and this is "For Whom the Bell tolls" during the same tour I saw them in, or rather the same stage set up.. The energy in Miami when I saw them was EXACTLY like this.. Nothing was different.. Fucking amazing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WNVbz1jNsCo

I remember that like it was yesterday.

Tidewise
02-01-2008, 01:33 AM

"... And Justice for All" was Metallica's disco phase.

Kill 'em All.

Damn, I am going to run some Jump in the Fire NOW - it got me all amped up to my days of reckless youth just thinking about Kill 'em All!

Shink
02-01-2008, 01:38 AM
Hetfield sings way worse since his singing lessons.

josh24601
02-01-2008, 01:54 AM
Watching the way the media treats Dr. Paul makes me feel like the day I saw Metallica with their hair cut.