PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh... front page of yahoo....noo....

piotr1
01-31-2008, 08:12 PM
The plague has spread from England!

www.yahoo.com

piotr1
01-31-2008, 08:16 PM
bump

Lord Xar
01-31-2008, 08:17 PM
huh?...

luvthedoc08
AHHHHH THE POLICE STATE IS HERE, i'm gonna tell my friends who graffitti that they need to spray those cameras. or... baseball bats?

Jae0
I dont know wtf you're talking about. Screen shot?

garrettwombat
01-31-2008, 08:18 PM

Airborn
01-31-2008, 08:19 PM
I think he is talking about the cameras that catch you speeding or passing a red light

ItsTime
rudy wanted those cams all over the place. most neo cons do. the neo cons want a fence on the boarders as well. are we keeping people out or in?

derdy
He's talking about the red light cameras.

We have them here in St. Peters.

If you get a ticket you can go online and watch yourself run through a red light.

slamhead
Pisses me off...my town has those nagometers that blink your speed...just a mater of time before they put cameras in them...I will take a vow now that if they ever put speed cameras in my neighborhood I will be snipping them them with pellet gun.

Young_Apprentice
01-31-2008, 08:20 PM
Not to be outdone by the Americans, England pushed a little harder....

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=News&itemid=NOED30%20Jan%202008%2016%3A25%3A01%3A180

sad:(

Airborn
01-31-2008, 08:21 PM
they are all over the place around baton rouge

ItsTime
01-31-2008, 08:22 PM
wtf are we letting these people do?

derdy
01-31-2008, 08:22 PM
We've had ours for about a year now.

I'm interested to see if they've reduced drivers running red-lights and accidents.

If not, then they are a waste of money as far as I'm concerned.

piotr1
01-31-2008, 08:23 PM
1984 here we come!

luvthedoc08
01-31-2008, 08:25 PM

I'm interested to see if they've reduced drivers running red-lights and accidents.

you're missing the point, the debate on the yahoo site wasn't whether or not they should have them, it's if they're accurate or not. Theyre framing the debate in their personal way that doesn't even ask if the citizens want to be monitored by these cameras. It's the way things like this get pushed forward.

slamhead
01-31-2008, 08:27 PM

Actually a study was done that red light cameras cause more accidents as people are paranoid and slam on their brakes when a light turns yellow.

piotr1
01-31-2008, 08:52 PM
Actually a study was done that red light cameras cause more accidents as people are paranoid and slam on their brakes when a light turns yellow.

link?

PaultheSaint
01-31-2008, 08:55 PM
There's a group who destroy those in England.

thehittgirl
01-31-2008, 08:59 PM
Always in the name of "safety" :rolleyes:

Jae0
01-31-2008, 09:01 PM
I saw those cameras in Arizona. My brother in law was driving and ran THREE redlights and never got any tickets sent to him or anything.

TonySutton
01-31-2008, 09:02 PM
its a waste of money, GM says we should have cars that drive themselves in 10-15 years. Personally, I can not wait.

Veritas Vos Liberabit
01-31-2008, 09:02 PM
I met a guy from the UK this weekend. He said he has never sped because of the cameras and was excited to drive here. Not sure if thats a good or bad thing...

Jae0
01-31-2008, 09:03 PM
I met a guy from the UK this weekend. He said he has never sped because of the cameras and was excited to drive here. Not sure if thats a good or bad thing...

:o thats funny!

slamhead
01-31-2008, 09:05 PM
link?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/03/AR2005100301844_pf.html

Santana28
01-31-2008, 09:08 PM
i just interviewed for a position at a police department earlier this week, and it is already out that our community is planning on installing several red-light cameras throughout town in busy intersections... but the chief also mentioned explicitly that the next item on next year's budget agenda will be blue-light cameras like Chicago has - i kid you not. and i'm talking for a tiny, middle class whitebread suburb.

Trigonx
01-31-2008, 09:08 PM
some one needs to find a website with vandalized units in UK. There are literally hundreds of pictures of Burned units. People started making fake ones to "control" traffic around their homes.

derdy
01-31-2008, 09:10 PM
you're missing the point, the debate on the yahoo site wasn't whether or not they should have them, it's if they're accurate or not. Theyre framing the debate in their personal way that doesn't even ask if the citizens want to be monitored by these cameras. It's the way things like this get pushed forward.

I'm not missing any point, thank you.

Myerz
01-31-2008, 09:17 PM
Red Light Cameras???

The UK had them way before us. There's not a corner in London that isn't monitored...old news.

kutibah
01-31-2008, 10:06 PM
I think there's a difference between red-light cameras and SPEED cameras. We've had red-light cameras here in SoCal for more than a few years, and I don't really mind them. However if speed cameras start popping up, I'll be pissed...

mikeInAZ
01-31-2008, 10:22 PM
Come to AZ. We've got every single type of camera. Red light cameras, speed cameras on city streets as well as on the freeways. Plus there are little white minivans with photo radar cameras installed behind tinted glass that change locations all the time.

They snap your picture, then mail you the ticket along with a nice picture of you driving. If you ignore the ticket they'll send a process server to your house around dinner time and hand it to you.

The freeway cams are just snapping of constantly. Not sure if they make freeways any safer, but they must generate some serious cash.

JonathanR
01-31-2008, 10:27 PM
We have those here too. They take a picture of you running a red light and mail it to you along with a ticket.

TruckinMike
02-01-2008, 09:36 AM
We should listen to the words of our leader...

"Civil Disobedience" is the only answer.

A. Burn the cameras
B. Shoot the cameras
C. Vote out the money grubbing city council members that wanted more revenue.
D. Chase the city council out of town with pitch forks, sickles, and torches

I like "D" the best.

Note: I define civil a little more liberal than Ron Paul does.;)

http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/guide/pp3900.jpg

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-01-2008, 09:45 AM

I believe that. Been there, done that, even. There are many instances where going through an orange light is much safer than stopping on a yellow. That goes for both good drivers and bad drivers.

freedom-maniac
02-01-2008, 09:47 AM
When piotr1 said the plague, I thought that meant the head scratching article.

Mithridates
02-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Red light cameras? Nothing wrong with them. George Reisman's Capitalism starts out with a clear definition of the difference between libertarianism and anarchy. Freedom does not include the freedom to inconvenience others that shouldn't have to encounter you otherwise, and with running red lights you are holding up traffic for other people.

I know this because I live in Korea, where a red light is a suggestion (red light = "would you care to hurry up a tad? Or consider stopping? No? Okay then, be quick please..."), not an order. See what happens when nobody pays attention to red lights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFdISnMceFk

(I took this video. This happens almost every day. Very glad I'm a pedestrian)

mconder
02-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Not to be outdone by the Americans, England pushed a little harder....

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=News&itemid=NOED30%20Jan%202008%2016%3A25%3A01%3A180

sad:(

Oh my freaking big brother!!!

Dark_Horse_Rider
02-01-2008, 10:01 AM
rudy wanted those cams all over the place. most neo cons do. the neo cons want a fence on the boarders as well. are we keeping people out or in?

Same thought has occurred about the keeping people in or out. Keeping people in might not make sense now, but if the economy really does drop out, people with debt or somehow " guilty " being used as a cheap workforce in those " labor camps " that were already built is a chilling prospect.

Deborah K
02-01-2008, 10:05 AM

I'm not a neocon and I want a fence! I live in a border town, I am also a member of MCDC. Maybe you should do some research into what is going on before you decide a fence isn't needed.

I would love nothing more than to allow free crossing by the citizens of all three nations, but we are well beyond that now. Do you realize an average of 25 Americans a day are killed by illegal aliens in this country? Mexico's criminals are sneaking across our borders. Drug and human smuggling is a huge problem. Ever heard of a rape tree? I've seen one. Ever seen what these people do to the landscape once they cross over? Ever talked to the ranchers whose ranches border Mexico?

The mexican government needs to clean up their act and do their job. If they did, their people wouldn't be so anxious to leave.

Watch the two trailers for this movie: http://www.bordermovie.com/border-movie-trailers.html

Then tell me we don't need a fence.

roho76
02-01-2008, 10:12 AM
I received a ticket from one of those in St. Louis. I tried to call the Police department to ask for calibration papers for my records, and they replied that they didn't know who to contact about that. So I kept calling different places and was switched from private company back to the Police and back again. Nobody could tell me who was responsible for those cameras. So I called each place back gave them my ticket number and told them that I would not be paying this ticket and I would not be driving down to St. Louis from Detroit to go to court either until some one contacted me about this ticket. They are no longer sending me anything about it. So they either gave up or I have a warrant.

F**k them. You don't even know who is in charge of the cameras but you just want me to pay it blindly. Man what a bunch of F**kin assholes.

Dark_Horse_Rider
02-01-2008, 10:15 AM
I received a ticket from one of those in St. Louis. I tried to call the Police department to ask for calibration papers for my records, and they replied that they didn't know who to contact about that. So I kept calling different places and was switched from private company back to the Police and back again. Nobody could tell me who was responsible for those cameras. So I called each place back gave them my ticket number and told them that I would not be paying this ticket and I would not be driving down to St. Louis from Detroit to go to court either until some one contacted me about this ticket. They are no longer sending me anything about it. So they either gave up or I have a warrant.

F**k them. You don't even know who is in charge of the cameras but you just want me to pay it blindly. Man what a bunch of F**kin assholes.

In my area i believe i was told they ( red light cameras ) are operated by a private company.

Thumper
02-01-2008, 10:22 AM
In the area that I live in, every major highway leaving my area has a border patrol checkpoint. It didn't bother me so much when the Border Patrol was part of the DoJ, now they are part of the DHS.

If I want to go to a major city, I have to drive through a checkpoint where my citizenship is challenged, I have to tell them what my destination is, I am photographed, I have to submit to random searches of my vehicle and my private property with no probable cause. My vehicle can be dismantled in a search for drugs, illegal aliens, whatever and they dont have to put it back together. It is my responsibility to put it all back together.

When I am returning home, I have to drive through a gauntlet of about 35-50 cameras mounted on poles on both sides of the road. These cameras photograph me, my passengers, my licencse plates virtually every aspect of my vehicle. Why do they need to photograph me going home? Why are they tracking my movements? Why do I have to be subjected to this?

Mind you, these checkpoints are well inside the United States, not right along the border. 70 miles inside the United States or more.

Big Brother is alive and well in the United States and has been for some time. Don't kid yourselves.

sgrooms
02-01-2008, 10:25 AM
they have cameras on the freeways out here in arizona....

thanks mccain

jkm1864
02-01-2008, 11:40 AM
We have them in Lafayette Louisiana and I was told they were in the small town of oakdale so its not just cities small towns are getting them also.