PDA

View Full Version : Will the GOP debates continue after Super Tuesday?

RlxdN10sity
01-31-2008, 07:28 PM
If after Super Tuesday another "top tier" candidate drops from the race and the media runs away with "we have a clear nominee", will the debates end? I'm a neophyte to politics and I'm not sure what conclusion to come too. We should consider our options if anyone thinks this would be the case.

PS - Has RP been confirmed to accept or reject his invitation to MTV special on Feb. 2nd?

AlexMerced
01-31-2008, 07:29 PM
depends on what happens super tuesday

MozoVote
01-31-2008, 07:35 PM
I suspect there will still be some local statewide debates introduced, as long as there are two candidates other than Paul in the race. (That doesn't mean Paul will be invited.)

If it's just Paul versus one other candidate, I doubt it. The other candidate will not want to "elevate" Paul as a contender and would refuse to debate him.

AlexMerced
01-31-2008, 07:37 PM
yeah, I don't really see a scnario where we'll see another debate for Paul unles there some heavy upsets on super tuesday

they'd have to be crazy upsets

RlxdN10sity
01-31-2008, 07:38 PM
Does anyone have any ideas we can work on in order to allow RP to face the one or more remaining contenders in televised or at least YouTubed debates?

Goldwater Conservative
01-31-2008, 07:42 PM
If Paul wins a state, even a small one like Alaska or Maine, the media will have a hard time excluding him as long as there are two other candidates. They probably won't even bother having a debate if there's only one other candidate, though.

Cinderella
01-31-2008, 07:50 PM
PS - Has RP been confirmed to accept or reject his invitation to MTV special on Feb. 2nd?

he confirmed!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D