PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Worked Hard to get Time at Debate!

Dave
08-06-2007, 12:20 AM
I'm just checking in at the end of a crazy day here and I've noticed a lot of comments about RP not being forceful enough in trying to get more face time at the debate.

I was at the debate and you see a lot of things off-camera. Ron Paul worked VERY hard to get more attention and face time. He was very stern and had the finger going and was going after GS. He was NOT obnoxious, though. I thought he really struck the perfect balance between working hard to get attention yet not looking childish.

I don't know what it looked like on TV but he was energetically trying to get more time and I was proud of him.

spacebetween
08-06-2007, 12:22 AM
I don't know what it looked like on TV but he was energetically trying to get more time and I was proud of him.

They hardly showed him, if that answers anything. :p

Thanks for the insight, though. I hope you write up a long post-debate reactions.

Shatterhand
08-06-2007, 12:24 AM
Dave, thanks for the update. Can you fill us in on the rest. Who was booing? What was the impression after the debate from the people who watched inside? What happened after the debate?

Sorry for the questions. If you're too tired to reply that's fine. Thanks again for all your great work. :D

Kuldebar
08-06-2007, 12:28 AM
HAL: Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?

Give us a full report!

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

AlexAmore
08-06-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm just checking in at the end of a crazy day here and I've noticed a lot of comments about RP not being forceful enough in trying to get more face time at the debate.

I was at the debate and you see a lot of things off-camera. Ron Paul worked VERY hard to get more attention and face time. He was very stern and had the finger going and was going after GS. He was NOT obnoxious, though. I thought he really struck the perfect balance between working hard to get attention yet not looking childish.

I believe it!

I personally attended the New Hampshire debate and I was seated pretty close to Ron and he was stern but not obnoxious in trying to get more time there as well.

Dave
08-06-2007, 12:47 AM
Give us a full report!

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

I just can't tonight - I'll write a big fat post later this morning . I think I've lost my mind. I got up at 3:30 to go stand in the rain in the dark with a Ron Paul sign bigger than my first car. It's now 1:45 tomorrow. Or is it yesterday? Or is this WAS yesterday? I think I just saw sasquatch.

Nitey-nite.

Nash
08-06-2007, 12:48 AM

Yeah I thought he did the absolute best he could under the circumstances. He correctly dismissed Romney on his "What about 9/11?" outburst and stayed on his point. He also is doing a good job of not being annoying or just flat out angry like Gravel can be.

It's a really tough balancing act I bet. He wants to be firm and noticable as he delivers his convictions but the last thing he wants to sound like is Michael Moore screaming at the top of his lungs about how much he hates bush and the war.

Paulitician
08-06-2007, 01:24 AM
Yes, I saw him make a hand gesture to George Stephanopoulos and the next thing George did was let Ron Paul talk. It's a little frustrating having to see that, but I'm glad he did it.