PDA

View Full Version : US Military not prepared for WMD strike on our own soil - Ron Paul is right again!

Created4
01-31-2008, 06:22 PM
From MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22935996/

Report: Military not ready for WMD strike
Commission on National Guard cites troop, equipment, training shortages
--------------------

This is EXACTLY what Congressman Paul has been saying all along: Our own borders are LESS secure today due to our policing the around the world, and this new report released today confirms this. Too bad they didn't release this BEFORE the debate last night...

fuzzybekool
01-31-2008, 06:23 PM
oh my god !

hawks4ronpaul
01-31-2008, 06:30 PM
Ron Paul’s strong foreign policy would fix that:

Keep an unbeatable military.
Uphold the Constitution and US sovereignty: Declare the war, fight it, win it, and come home.
Fight terrorists with intelligence and special units to stop overstretching our troops and to keep our conventional forces free and ready for major conventional threats.
Secure our borders and enforce our visa laws to stop terrorists.
Maintain financial security through sound money, fiscal conservatism, and non-intervention (the smart way to be globally active)—You can’t win a war when you’re bankrupt.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Lord Xar
01-31-2008, 06:30 PM
... and America does not realize the geniuse that is Ron Paul.

A Press Release From HQ would be good regarding this, citing that Ron Paul has said this along to the ridicule of "other" presidential candidates, YET - here is the proof.

Get this to McCarthy and give him my recommendation.

Jeremy
01-31-2008, 06:31 PM
LOL, free information to the enemy! =O

Created4
01-31-2008, 06:33 PM

Yeh, that was my first thought too..... :(

Goldwater Conservative
01-31-2008, 06:35 PM
Good thing the pseudoconservative GOP establishment places such a high value on "national defense" by having us mired in every country but our own. :rolleyes:

hawks4ronpaul
01-31-2008, 06:40 PM
Good thing the pseudoconservative GOP establishment places such a high value on "national defense" by having us mired in every country but our own. :rolleyes:

Neocons actually do argue that we cannot bring the troops home because we would be bogged down in our own country.

They do not say "bogged down" but that is the gist of their global deployment argument.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

RockEnds
01-31-2008, 06:42 PM
This isn't new information. Are people really unaware of our lack of military readiness? There was alot of information published about these problems before Petraeus' report in September. That's why he (Petraeus) hesitated when he was asked if our operations in Iraq made us more safe. Maybe someone should tell the campaign to communicate this better. I'm very sure that Dr. Paul is aware of the problems within the military. I thought the general public was as well, but obviously not.

Created4
01-31-2008, 06:55 PM
This isn't new information. Are people really unaware of our lack of military readiness? There was alot of information published about these problems before Petraeus' report in September. That's why he (Petraeus) hesitated when he was asked if our operations in Iraq made us more safe. Maybe someone should tell the campaign to communicate this better. I'm very sure that Dr. Paul is aware of the problems within the military. I thought the general public was as well, but obviously not.

Well it was headline news today on the MSNBC website, so this is definitely an opportunity for the campaign. They should be lining up interviews with the main stream media for Dr. Paul to expound on this, since nobody else in the campaign is talking about this....

Goldwater Conservative
01-31-2008, 07:27 PM
This plus the British success in withdrawing from Basra (http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/11/15/africa/ME-GEN-Iraq-Basra.php) make for a good one-two on why Ron Paul is right on national defense and foreign policy.

jawrightbiz
01-31-2008, 08:51 PM
And remember that the National Gaurd was not prepared to help out in the Katrina Hurricane. If I remember correctly someone was quoted as saying that over 70% of their equipment was in Iraq. But here is another article...

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/05/07/sebelius-tornado/

Caravello
01-31-2008, 08:56 PM
The military probably puts this out there to get people scared and panicky so the pols can be persuaded to increase the Pentagon budget. So much of the game plan is to scare people so they can be more easily manipulated.

FrankRep
01-31-2008, 09:40 PM

yup, thanks media for letting the world know how unsecure we are.

:-\

RSLudlum
01-31-2008, 09:42 PM
There was a forum on CSPAN about this earlier tonight.

Crickett
01-31-2008, 10:49 PM
There was a forum on CSPAN about this earlier tonight.

You know, it bugs me. Was it not obvious with 9/11 that all our satellites and air controllers and NORAD and FBI whatever we had left over here was not enough to even stop 3 little airplanes????????????????????

I mean--that was so clear we have the CFR interests in 131 countries and whoever WAS trying to protect this one?..and THEN they send our NATIONAL GUARD overseas? With no great debates nor votes? Who are we fighting for?? Them? Now our troops are committing suicide because of what they are being forced to do and knowing they can not ever be the same again. SHEESH! NOW idiots are debating? Why the F don't they read the constitution and realize we were NEVER supposed to EVER get involved with other countries anywhere? That is what raises taxes. That is what drains an economy. That is what the Founders saw and knew should never happen here.. CRIPES! There are too many former other candidate supporters here lately..sigh

mmarcman22
01-31-2008, 10:51 PM
yup, thanks media for letting the world know how unsecure we are.

:-\

I agree with you!!! People better get prepared!

Chabsfromcanada
01-31-2008, 11:00 PM
Tinfoil hat time. Following this information, it would not surprise me in the least if some sort of actual disaster(bomb, chemical attack) occured on US soil. What better way to keep the country in a state of fear, and under control. Taking my hat off now.

Dieseler
01-31-2008, 11:03 PM
Tinfoil hat time. Following this information, it would not surprise me in the least if some sort of actual disaster(bomb, chemical attack) occured on US soil. What better way to keep the country in a state of fear, and under control. Taking my hat off now.

Thats what I was thinking.
They will feed that to the sheep so they will beg for more Military Police roaming the street to catch all those wicked terrorist running around, AKA you.