PDA

View Full Version : I don't like the kid videos

Jeremy
01-31-2008, 06:02 PM
Since when did kids know about politics and government oppression? Sure... it's sweet and all, but I don't think kids get the message across. Isn't any kid in an ad an actor? If, not... they can just say they were influenced to think that

affa
01-31-2008, 06:03 PM
i love em.
for what it's worth.

mongoose
01-31-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't like them much either.....cute for youtube and that's fine, but not for TV. I think a better message / ad would be better for the $ spent.

Just IMO.

sirachman
01-31-2008, 06:16 PM
I dont like them but they sadly work in alot of cases, especially when the ad makes you feel sorry for the poor children unless you do what it wants. Thats what the ads with the kids should do lol. FOR THE CHILDREN OMGOMGOMG, id say that would give us bad press but hey can we really get worse press?

slamhead
01-31-2008, 06:19 PM
Its not whether these kids know what they are saying...the point is that it is their future that is in jeopardy.

Bilgefisher
01-31-2008, 06:23 PM
Open question: When the kids talk about bombs or dieing for freedom, how do you react?

Rhys
01-31-2008, 06:23 PM
Its not whether these kids know what they are saying...the point is that it is their future that is in jeopardy.

they don't have a future. we should show them getting nuked. full Daisy.

Ara825
01-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Older people love kids, they are cute little attention getters and remind us of our youth. The ads with the kids are awesome.

Jeremy
01-31-2008, 06:26 PM
I dont like them but they sadly work in alot of cases, especially when the ad makes you feel sorry for the poor children unless you do what it wants. Thats what the ads with the kids should do lol. FOR THE CHILDREN OMGOMGOMG, id say that would give us bad press but hey can we really get worse press?

I don't feel sorry for them acting

AlexMerced
01-31-2008, 06:28 PM
the reason I'm in this movement is for the kids if no ones picked up on it yet, so I think educating the kids is important as any voter this is a marathon not a race

cmc
01-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Op +1

govtpigII
01-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Since when did kids know about politics and government oppression? Sure... it's sweet and all, but I don't think kids get the message across. Isn't any kid in an ad an actor? If, not... they can just say they were influenced to think that

I think the message is their future is our hands and they can do nothing about it, plus its touching.

Deborah K

They represent the future of our country. I believe that is the point of the Ad.

Mandrik
I'm all for exploiting my own children. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2wIqXfqxPI) ;)

fuzzybekool
01-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Those ads with the kids are the best ads ever that I have seen for the advancement of Ron Paul's message.

I thought I was crazy, but then I showed the ads to my wife and she teared up also.
Emotional ads work.

RUN THEM HQ !

Bison
01-31-2008, 06:45 PM
Emotion wins wins over logic most every time. The MSN and Madison Ave. have conditioned Americans to respond to emotion. Something that tugs at the heart will beat talking about monetary policy for a majority of the people.

We need more emotional ads if we want to reach the older folks.

Heather in WI
01-31-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm not a fan, either.

dlm1968
01-31-2008, 06:51 PM
I personally am not too crazy about the kid ads.....but.....

you have to think like a sheeple. It is so simple even a child can understand it. Many complain how people just don't get it and RP does not do well with 30 sec sound bites and the sheeple don't get it. This just might get them.

jcarrion1976
01-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Emotion wins wins over logic most every time. The MSN and Madison Ave. have conditioned Americans to respond to emotion. Something that tugs at the heart will beat talking about monetary policy for a majority of the people.

We need more emotional ads if we want to reach the older folks.

This statement is right on! If we are gonna reach the masses we need to prompt them some way, and using emotions is the best stimulus in my book.

Seriously, people ought to be outraged at what their "leaders" have done to them.

We need a more emotional response to whats happening.

Remember, "Ron Paul Cured my Apathy!!!" Apathy is an emotional state of being!!!

Mckarnin
01-31-2008, 06:56 PM

I think it would be more effective to have them say things they might actually say/think: "what about us?", "what about our future?", "Is a dollar for you today worth $30 in debt that I have to pay?" or what have you....

affa
01-31-2008, 07:18 PM

one could just as easily ask: isn't anyone in a commercial an actor?

i think people underestimate kids. sure, many of them have vegetized with tv and video games, but that's true of many adults as well. but an eight year old kid, in the proper environment, is a lot more aware than most would give them credit for.

bcreps85
01-31-2008, 07:32 PM
I don't like kid videos for anything for the most part. Kids wouldn't really know about the things they have them say, so you know that words are just being put in their mouths and they are probably being coerced into saying something they don't understand.

smartpeople4ronpaul
01-31-2008, 07:39 PM
How young are the kids in those videos? I'm 13. I understand intervensionism, I talk about the war, etc. I've been debating my computer and science teacher about Ron Paul a lot lately. I always talk about politics. If these kids are 8 and 9, I could see the problem, but smart teens are the perfect market.

Could you tell I'm 13 without me telling you? Check out my videos on my channel. The constitution's best friend one is pretty good. I think they might deceive you into thinking I'm older.....