View Full Version : Is John McCain the slowest speaker

trout007
01-31-2008, 05:57 PM
in

the

entire

world

?

Ron could have explained his entire platform in the time between Mc Cain's words.

DeepBlu
01-31-2008, 06:14 PM
No. That would be Fred Thompson.

RPsupporterAtHeart
01-31-2008, 06:33 PM
He does this on purpose. He is an older man (I was going to say gentleman, but damn if that's not a blatant lie,), and most of the people voting for him are older as well. It takes slightly longer to process thoughts when you are aging and it helps get his seriously crappy views across to them.

When RP talks at light speed his message probably gets jumbled a little bit.

LizC
01-31-2008, 06:34 PM
in

the

entire

world

?

Ron could have explained his entire platform in the time between Mc Cain's words.

MY GOD.....HELL YES HE IS!!!!!

Eponym_mi
01-31-2008, 06:38 PM
alzheimers

trout007
01-31-2008, 06:38 PM
I think it was like a football game. He was trying to run out the clock when he had the ball.

Here is a debate format I'd like. Take 1 hour. Give each candidate 15 minutes to talk about whatever they want uninterrupted. Why do I have to keep hearing the same questions over and over again?

JeNNiF00F00
01-31-2008, 06:49 PM
I think he takes a bar of Xanex before he goes on the debates. That or something to help his anger issues. He sounds crazy to me. Its almost like he does the "serenity now!!" approach from Seinfield. Anyone that calm over the issues at hand is a NUT. I wish Paul or someone up there would push his buttons and make him blow up for everyone to see what a psycho this man really is.

Truth Warrior
01-31-2008, 06:51 PM
I think it was like a football game. He was trying to run out the clock when he had the ball.

Here is a debate format I'd like. Take 1 hour. Give each candidate 15 minutes to talk about whatever they want uninterrupted. Why do I have to keep hearing the same questions over and over again?

Yep! That's my take and recommendation too. We're probably being way too logical for politics though.

Goldwater Conservative
01-31-2008, 06:55 PM
You could fit a hundred "their ways" between each word he says.

And for all the suspense he builds, the best he can come up with is "Jack Kemp... and the subprime house... I mean, the housing... I mean, the economy and tax cuts and Jack Kemp."

propanes
01-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Speaking slow is his way of appearing and reasonable and balanced while in reality he isn't.

Cinderella
01-31-2008, 07:20 PM
his brain doesnt work very fast...

CaveDog
01-31-2008, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I was thinking he should rename his bus "The slow talk express".

alzheimers

Actually, about the time that he couldn't seem to grasp that he was misinterpreting Romney's comments on an Iraq timetable even though the moderator was reading the comments back and everyone could tell he was wrong, Alzheimers came to mind. More specifically a symptom of Alzheimers called "confabulation".

Confabulation

A less common yet more extreme form of"lying,"or deception, is confabulation. Unlike self-deception, in which the individual resists admitting his true store of knowledge, the confabulator often appears to be unable to recognize the erroneous nature or absurdity of his statements even in the face of painfully (seemingly) apparent contradictory evidence. Hence, his replies to questions or statements may appear tangential, circumlocutious, irrelevant, and delusional. Moreover, rather than relinquishing an incorrect belief when confronted with contradictory information, these individuals may make further erroneous extrapolations or partially incorporate some aspects of the contradictory information within the confabulatory schema.

But then I thought, pretty much every candidate except RP is confabulating. :rolleyes:

Time for Change
01-31-2008, 09:57 PM
slowest thinker too.
Too much agent orange

A. Havnes
01-31-2008, 10:00 PM
His brain can't keep up with his mouth, and considering how slow his mouth runs, his brain obviously doesn't function as fast. On the other hand, he have the intelligent Dr. Paul, whose brain runs a whole lot faster than his mouth. Which sounds more viable?

Paulitical Correctness
01-31-2008, 10:01 PM
It's hard to speak when your mouth is full of s***.

DAFTEK
01-31-2008, 10:03 PM
It must be all that puss he holds in his cheeks! I never wish bad luck on anyone but damn do i wish that man just crocks from that puss in his cheek :D

Paulitical Correctness
01-31-2008, 10:05 PM
It must be all that puss he holds in his cheeks! I never wish bad luck on anyone but damn do i wish that man just crocks from that puss in his cheek :D

...It's big league chew dude