PDA

View Full Version : Maine may be Ron Paul's best shot

MrCobaltBlue
01-31-2008, 04:50 PM
http://news.mainetoday.com/updates/021560.html

AUGUSTA - With a band of highly motivated supporters and a natural appeal to a mass of like-minded independents, Ron Paul's prospects at this weekend's Maine Republican caucuses are rated very high by party officials and other political observers.

Maine's GOP polling Friday, Saturday and Sunday may be the Texas congressman's best shot at winning a state, and the win would be big coming just says ahead of the Super Tuesday presidential preference contests in more than 20 states.

It doesn't hurt that Paul's visit earlier this week made him the only presidential aspirant from either party to visit the state in the run-up to the caucuses.

"I think that (because) he's paid attention to Maine, he'll be rewarded," R. Kenneth Lindell, Paul's campaign coordinator in Maine, said Thursday.

Lindell wouldn't give specifics on the number of Paul volunteers, but allowed that the number is in the hundreds, not a small figure considering Maine's relatively small population and meager share of the national delegate pool.

Paul's campaign has drawn a mix of young voters who are getting involved in politics for the first time, longtime Republicans with libertarian leanings or who are unhappy with the direction the party's been going, and independents who've left the party, said Lindell.

Maine has center stage as the nation's only presidential preference event this weekend, giving the winner a chance of carrying momentum into Super Tuesday's voting. Democrats gather on the following weekend in Maine.

The non-binding Republican caucuses are the first step toward electing Maine's 18 delegates to the party's national convention. Three ranking party leaders also go.

Kludge
01-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Alaska's where it's at.

But... Maine is nice too.

DFF
01-31-2008, 05:32 PM
The primaries are all about momentum; so if Paul could take Maine - the last caucus prior to Super Tuesday - it would significantly improve his chances.

So every Maine Paul supporter needs to rock the vote this weekend.

lupester
01-31-2008, 05:44 PM
We need to finish this one! How many of us would have made 1 hour of calls to secure more people for Louisiana so that we could have beat all candidates.....here is your chance. Email these guys:
ronpaulmaine@hotmail.com or
forrest@ronpaul2008.com
and ask them for a list of 20 people and a script....its easy! I did it during my lunch hour from my cell phone. One lady got in a great discussion with me and I thought I was talking to Ron Paul himself....get this. She did not have the internet and only saw Ron Paul on GLEN BECK. That was it and she was sold.

Its not over until its over now lets finish this one and get some momentum!

Zibblu
02-01-2008, 02:31 AM
The primaries are all about momentum; so if Paul could take Maine - the last caucus prior to Super Tuesday - it would significantly improve his chances.

Absolutely. A win in Maine would definitely be bigger than in Alaska because of it being prior to Super Tuesday. The mainstream media would at least have to mention if he WON a state... right?

Here's hoping.

libertythor
02-01-2008, 03:10 AM
Oh SHIT! This made it to the newspapers in order to motivate the supporters of other campaigns! Anybody remember the same thing with Nevada and Louisiana?

Oh well. The good news is that this caucus isn't really getting that much attention from other candidates to begin with.

coyote_sprit
02-01-2008, 03:21 AM
Absolutely. A win in Maine would definitely be bigger than in Alaska because of it being prior to Super Tuesday. The mainstream media would at least have to mention if he WON a state... right?

Here's hoping.

Even if the mainstream media doesn't say anything word of mouth of a victory would spread like wild fire.

freedom-maniac
02-01-2008, 06:13 AM
C'mon Maine! Remember the last time you saved America?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nf24h_yktg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYDhAmjmxYk

SteveMartin
02-01-2008, 06:23 AM
The old saying used to be "As Maine goes, so goes the Union." We hope to revive that tradition starting tonight.

I will remind people that if they look at a map of the USA, that we are like the "head" of the nation, and that if you look at a map of Maine, that Aroostook County is the like the"head" of the state, and that if you look at a map of Aroostook County, that Fort Kent is like the "head" of the county. The rEVOLution needs a successful "crossing of the Delaware"-type victory tonight up there...and I am going up to get us one. Wish me luck.

"Are you ready for a war!?"

.....FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOM!

MrCobaltBlue
02-01-2008, 07:12 AM
I called all my family last night (Big Republican Family) and I urged them to caucus. My grandfather was very interested in Dr. Paul and he said he would think about going to Caucus. I'm going to call him again tonight and guilt trip him (Its not just the future of the nation, its my future!)

literatim
02-01-2008, 08:29 AM
I called all my family last night (Big Republican Family) and I urged them to caucus. My grandfather was very interested in Dr. Paul and he said he would think about going to Caucus. I'm going to call him again tonight and guilt trip him (Its not just the future of the nation, its my future!)

You should only urge people to caucus if they will vote for Ron Paul.

Sarge
02-01-2008, 09:02 AM
If Huck fans are starting to turn to Dr. Paul, as one tread suggests, don't rule out getting them on board.

They are upset at getting ignored at the debate. They may now see the writing on the wall and want to help.

Good Luck and take back America.