PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions on Becoming a Precinct Leader

mkeller
01-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Hello all,

I'm very interested in spreading the word about Ron Paul, and from reading around on his site, it sounds like becoming a precinct leader is the best way to do that. However, I've got a couple questions:

Does one have to be of voting age to be a precinct leader? I'm 17 now, but will be 18 by November. Sadly, I'll not be old enough to vote in my state's primary (which is part of why I want to get as many other people as possible to vote for Ron Paul) . . .

And how effective is calling people on the phone? Here in Wisconsin, the weather's not very conducive to walking door to door, and I've not got a ready means of transportation.

If anyone can answer these for me, and give me any advice, thanks!

a2planet2
02-04-2008, 02:50 AM
Hello all,

I'm very interested in spreading the word about Ron Paul, and from reading around on his site, it sounds like becoming a precinct leader is the best way to do that. However, I've got a couple questions:

Does one have to be of voting age to be a precinct leader? I'm 17 now, but will be 18 by November. Sadly, I'll not be old enough to vote in my state's primary (which is part of why I want to get as many other people as possible to vote for Ron Paul) . . .

You can be a precinct leader at any age.

And how effective is calling people on the phone? Here in Wisconsin, the weather's not very conducive to walking door to door, and I've not got a ready means of transportation.

If anyone can answer these for me, and give me any advice, thanks!

Calling people on the phone is faster and easier, but a lot of phone numbers are missing/out of date. So, best to do all the calls you can, then do door-to-door for what's left over.