PDA

View Full Version : NPR response to Ron Paul letters

FilleDePaix
01-31-2008, 04:25 PM
My friend wrote NPR about a lack of Ron Paul coverage, and received this link to a letter by Alicia C. Shepard, NPR's Public Representative.

http://www.npr.org/ombudsman/?sc=emaf

TSOL
01-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Great article

I strongly believe RP will run 3rd Party.

slantedview
01-31-2008, 04:37 PM
i wrote NPR about excluding ron from their meet the candidates thing on talk of the nation (they had huckaboo on when he was still polling single digits).

they didn't respond.

FilleDePaix
01-31-2008, 04:46 PM
i wrote NPR about excluding ron from their meet the candidates thing on talk of the nation (they had huckaboo on when he was still polling single digits).

they didn't respond.

I guess they have been getting so many letters since, they finally started writing back.

There is a place to leave comments at the end of the article, but I'm not sure if they read those.

RoyalShock
01-31-2008, 04:47 PM
Uugghh. These types of articles always sound good until the end.

"Yes, Paul has raised lots of money and has many dedicated supporters," said Larry Sabato, director of the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia. "That's all good, but even Ron Paul realizes he is not going to be the GOP presidential nominee."

When has he ever said that?

So, the bottom line for NPR (outside of the Ombudsman) is, in my own words, "Since we haven't included him much, and the people don't know enough about him, his numbers are low and isn't a factor. So, up yours!"

slantedview
01-31-2008, 05:04 PM
they close the article with a comment from their resident political stooge saying ron can't win

that's EXACTLY the problem!? i can't believe they wrote a whole article about bias, then they close the article with a biased comment.

AlexMerced
01-31-2008, 05:05 PM
it was a fun read. move on.

pre-order pauls new book and show them what's up