PDA

View Full Version : The 9 States that Already Voted...

JS4Pat
01-31-2008, 03:43 PM
What’s Next?

It’s the second day since my state’s primary and I am left scratching my head as a Ron Paul Meetup Group Organizer.

Our Jax Meetup Group still has 370+ members.

We have worked so hard for the past 8 months leading up to January 29th and it now feels like it is all over - but we know it’s not.

We have gathered up all our signs and left over literature and we are sending it to the SE Georgia Meetup groups tomorrow. (Super Tues. State)

The Next Meetup Event on our calendar is tomorrow’s Money Bomb.

Besides donating money, what are your suggestions for our focus going forward?

What are Ron Paul Meetup Groups in Iowa, NH, Michigan, South Carolina, Nevada, Louisanna, Wyoming and Hawaii doing?

AlexMerced
01-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Begin organizing your congressional districts and getting liberty candidates into those congressinal seats, use my socail network to help youout

http://libertyia.ning.com

plus my future congressional run by driving people to my site :), http://www.mercedforfreedom.com

if you state already voted, begin focusing on the congress

the congress is KEY!!!

Redcard
01-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Well, if it were me, I'd look into getting my material handed out, I'd call surrounding states and regions and ask what could be done there.. I'd continue with doing stuff online and trying to reach people.. and I'd be ready for a Plan B 3rd Party run in case it comes down to it.

DealzOnWheelz
01-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Continue CANVASSING for the General Election

Even though people voted they still have the oppurtunity to realize they voted for th wrong person and then have a change of heart for the general election after we take the GOP nomination at the convention or if he goes third party

AlexMerced
01-31-2008, 03:49 PM

Even though people voted they still have the oppurtunity to realize they voted for th wrong person and then have a change of heart for the general election after we take the GOP nomination at the convention or if he goes third party

by pushing the freedom movement, you can canvass for the general election and fill those congressional seats

getting people up online in th emeet-up groups and involved int he money bombs is also a good thing to do.

firebirdnation
01-31-2008, 03:50 PM

+1, we still need to wake up the masses. I would also suggest we focus on getting in the ranks of the Republican party and take it back!!

brandon
01-31-2008, 03:53 PM
Run local Ron Paul republicans. Find people to become congressmen, senators, state
legislators and judges. There is so much more to this movement then Ron Paul. I would not continue to canvass fo him, unless you can travel to another state that hasnt voted yet.

firebirdnation
01-31-2008, 03:55 PM
Run local Ron Paul republicans. Find people to become congressmen, senators, state
legislators and judges. There is so much more to this movement then Ron Paul. I would not continue to canvass fo him, unless you can travel to another state that hasnt voted yet.

I agree, I hope the admins of this site start to go in this direction and use the massive amount of people on this site to see this become a reality. I see the Liberty Tree link above, I am not sure what it is. :)

dante
01-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Continue to go to all Republican Party meetings. We must take over the party. Also as others have said. Make sure that you run as many Ron Paul republicans in republican districts AND in those heavily democratic districts run Ron Paul democrats. Let's take our country back one precinct at a time.

AlexMerced
01-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Continue to go to all Republican Party meetings. We must take over the party. Also as others have said. Make sure that you run as many Ron Paul republicans in republican districts AND in those heavily democratic districts run Ron Paul democrats. Let's take our country back one precinct at a time.

QFT

Ron Paul Democrats will be key to total domination

RevolutionSD
01-31-2008, 04:01 PM
What’s Next?

It’s the second day since my state’s primary and I am left scratching my head as a Ron Paul Meetup Group Organizer.

We have worked so hard for the past 8 months leading up to January 29th and it now feels like it is all over - but we know it’s not.

We have gathered up all our signs and left over literature and we are sending it to the SE Georgia Meetup groups tomorrow. (Super Tues. State)

What are Ron Paul Meetup Groups in Iowa, NH, Michigan, South Carolina, Nevada, Louisanna, Wyoming and Hawaii doing?

Go CRAZY in Georgia!
RP is polling at 12% there and CAN WIN.

We need you Floridians to head up there and canvass, put up signs, and donate to local projects.

How insane would a Georgia WIN be?

I think I would get drunk if that happened. :cool:

AlexMerced
01-31-2008, 04:34 PM
boop

pennycat
01-31-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm thinking about running myself. The holdup is, why run if your platform has little chance of succeeding. Here in Florida RP got 3 percent. Not much of a base to work from.

My thinking is to somewhat alter the basic RP message (downgrade the anti-war stance since that was the biggest obstacle when I went canvassing). Maybe then I would have a better chance.

bobbyw24
01-31-2008, 07:20 PM
John:

I was wondering the same thing as I dropped off literature and signs at Will Pitts' place yesterday afternoon. Is it over? What now?

Locally I think we should meet monthly no matter what happens in the campaign. We can meet and organize campaigns for city council and on certain issues. We must remain politically active or this will have all been for naught.

Support people running for Congress who have Ron Paul's views.http://paulcongress.com/Candidates.html

If Dr. Paul runs 3rd party ticket, that will keep us busy and motivated for at least another 10 months but I would like to see us active regardless.

Vic
01-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Let's wait and see what is going to happen. Best case scenario is that the enthusiasm for RP's platform will remain and that people will be ready for local action regardless of what happens with the national campaign.

In Jacksonville we face a major educational battle after our county voted against a tax reduction. The local GOP party and mayor have been advocates against tax and spending cuts. The outcome of RP and Amendment 1 percentages in Jacksonville tell me that the local GOP carries a strong influence with its constituents even when it goes against the party's principles. This is going to take some time to reverse and will only come from "valley forge" perseverance. We must continue attending REC meetings and point out the absurdities that these "convervatives" are supporting.

Dr. Paul's Revolution Manifesto will hopefully be some sort of inspirational instructional manual for how we can begin to take our country back at all levels of government.

Lucid American
01-31-2008, 08:32 PM
What’s Next?

PLEASE COME UP TO ATLANTA THIS WEEKEND -- BRING A WHOLE CREW!

We're marching on the Fed at noon tomorrow, then at noon Saturday will be a rally at the state capital with Rand Paul speaking.

After that, we can use all your help canvassing. Check the Atlanta Meetup site.

AlexMerced
01-31-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm thinking about running myself. The holdup is, why run if your platform has little chance of succeeding. Here in Florida RP got 3 percent. Not much of a base to work from.

My thinking is to somewhat alter the basic RP message (downgrade the anti-war stance since that was the biggest obstacle when I went canvassing). Maybe then I would have a better chance.

emphasize what you think will get you in, but do not pander and don't say something you don't believe in

enlist the help of your local meet-ups