PDA

View Full Version : Rudi Giuliani Talks about Ron Paul on local station

rpliving
05-23-2007, 05:23 PM
http://wbal.com/shows/smith/audio/story.asp?articleid=58223

angelatc
05-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks! That's the same guy who interviewed Ron Paul last week.

LibertyOrDie
05-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks! That's the same guy who interviewed Ron Paul last week.

Haven't listened to it yet, but here is the link to RP last week:
http://wbal.com/shows/smith/audio/story.asp?articleid=57997

NewEnd
05-23-2007, 05:33 PM
He says he is for the second amendment, then steals Paul's "state-by-state" tactic...

..except... oops!

2nd amendment is not a state by state issue. It is a second amendment issue. It is the right of every American citizen, and is delegated through Federal authority.

"state-by-state" only works for those not delegated by the first 9 amendments.

angelatc
05-23-2007, 05:37 PM
He doesn't care one whit about the Constitution. Look him up - he openly violated their state constitution because he wanted to do a bond deal that it specifically forbid.

That's the thing that some people find attractive about him. He doesn't let rules (or laws) get in the way of what he wants to do.

cujothekitten
05-23-2007, 05:42 PM
He just confirmed there was no connection to Iraq on 9/11... That’s not what Ron Paul was saying but thanks for the confirmation.

What the anti-war people were saying is that there was no creditable threat from Iraq and that the terrorist plot on 9/11 didn't come from Iraq it came from Afghanistan. Iraq didn't have anything to do with 9/11 but the terrorists were clearly pissed that we were messing around in the Middle East.

Rudy, you sure are thick.

amonasro
05-23-2007, 05:43 PM
ahhh i can't stand listening to the guy. he's a slick talker that dodges questions, and he twisted Ron's words at the second debate into something they weren't.

and he just can't give up on his "as mayor of NYC I did this and this..." BLAH BLAH. I can't stand people who constantly tout their "credentials"

rpliving
05-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Ron Paul was on? I didnt hear him?

NewEnd
05-23-2007, 05:48 PM
He just confirmed there was no connection to Iraq on 9/11... That’s not what Ron Paul was saying but thanks for the confirmation.

What the anti-war people were saying is that there was no creditable threat from Iraq and that the terrorist plot on 9/11 didn't come from Iraq it came from Afghanistan. Iraq didn't have anything to do with 9/11 but the terrorists were clearly pissed that we were messing around in the Middle East.

yeah, that was slick... he intentionally confused the issue.

slantedview
05-23-2007, 05:49 PM

I can think of a few other words for him that rhyme with thick.

But my favorite word for him doesn't rhyme: exploitationist. Rudy made 16 million last year on speeches, all because of 9/11. Americans die, Rudy gets rich.

angelatc
05-23-2007, 06:06 PM
Ron Paul was on? I didnt hear him?

No, I know I said it, but I meant that Ron Paul was the topic. Sorry for the confusion.

rpliving
05-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Well then he should be on there!

enan
05-23-2007, 06:30 PM
He says he is for the second amendment, then steals Paul's "state-by-state" tactic...

..except... oops!

2nd amendment is not a state by state issue. It is a second amendment issue. It is the right of every American citizen, and is delegated through Federal authority.

"state-by-state" only works for those not delegated by the first 9 amendments.

Aaaaand Ron Paul has more arguments to use against Rudy. :)

romelll
05-23-2007, 06:43 PM
I can't stand people who constantly tout their "credentials"

As my Grandmother always said "Self praise is no praise."

Melchior
05-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Wow, it's amazing how someone's personality can turn on a dime when you touch a nerve.

Rudy Giuliani was being perfectly civil and reasonable throughout the entire interview... until Ron Smith started talking about Ron Paul in the debate and him never hearing of blowback. Immediately Giuliani interrupted him and got defensive, then starting making an irrational, misinformed and inconsistent argument. He said Ron Paul made "no sense at all" and was "irresponsible" for saying what he said.

Rudy Giuliani sounded like my neocon uncle. :p

angelatc
05-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Aaaaand Ron Paul has more arguments to use against Rudy. :)

Rudy probably hasn't read the Constitution, either.

enan
05-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Rudy probably hasn't read the Constitution, either.

In the SC debate, Rudy laughed at the writ of habeas corpus.

The man laughed at the writ of habeas corpus.

Does that not scare you?