PDA

View Full Version : An important goal for meetup groups!

noumenon
01-31-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm not here to chastise anyone for doing a 'bad job' because I think you are all doing something wonderful by standing up for what you believe in. I can't help but notice, though, that there may be a better way to accomplish our goal of getting Ron Paul elected.

History and research have proven without a doubt that canvassing door to door is the best way to raise money and spread the word about a candidate. The conversion rates are the highest and it is the most effective means of obtaining success.

So, my question is, why do 90% of the meetup groups spend the majority of their time making signs, meeting at diners, and doing sign wavings on street corners? These things are all good gestures, but let's face it, they are not 1/1000th as effective as simple canvassing door to door.

If all the meet-up groups in states that have not yet voted would simply organize door to door canvassing events instead of sign wavings, I think we could not only make an impact, but we could actually win the election.

So, please, for the sake of electing Dr. Paul. Change your tactics. Begin focusing on door to door canvassing instead of sign making/waving/diner meetings. A sign won't convince anyone to vote, but a short, friendly conversation will go a long, long way!

Take it into consideration.

P.S. In case you haven't heard, Ron Paul took 1st or 2nd place in the areas of Iowa, New Hampshire, Michigan and even Florida where volunteers spent several days canvassing door to door. It works!