PDA

View Full Version : La Times Poll

thomj76
08-05-2007, 10:42 PM
I saw this over in meetup message boards and wanted to pass it along.

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-na-gop6aug06,0,6893531.story?coll=la-home-center

disinter
08-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Voted.

hells_unicorn
08-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Voted, Paul is slightly ahead of Fred Thompson but trailing Rudy and Romney, let's change that.

mackler
08-05-2007, 10:51 PM
oops. thought we were winning. :mad:

BuddyRey
08-05-2007, 10:53 PM
"Forget your favorite. Who do you predict will actually win the Republican nomination?"

You just KNOW they put that advisory there with RP in mind. The MSM is losing its composure, y'all. I can SMELL the fear wafting off of them now!!! :D

disinter
08-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Voted, Paul is slightly ahead of Fred Thompson but trailing Rudy and Romney, let's change that.

I show RP winning with 37.8%

thomj76
08-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Look carefully...The bar showing response is above the candidate, not below it.

disinter
08-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Look carefully...The bar showing response is above the candidate, not below it.

oops!

bygone
08-05-2007, 11:05 PM
It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

ronpaulitician
08-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Why do they still run these polls?

Their ONLY purpose is to provide free publicity to the "winning" candidates.

(voted)

ladyjade3
08-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Ron Paul is already doing well in straw polls where people have to actually show up and pay and do more than pick up the f'in phone. Phone polls are passive. Politics are active.

I predict this will be the election that determines that internet polls determine what the straw poll used to.

Yes, we spam polls. We vote and we disseminate info to eachother. Because we f'in care. And that matters. That translates into turnout.

Any other candidate could coordinate their supporters to do the same, if they really had any that gave a damn. But they dont. And that's the real POINT.

jonahtrainer
08-06-2007, 12:48 AM
"Forget your favorite. Who do you predict will actually win the Republican nomination?"

You just KNOW they put that advisory there with RP in mind. The MSM is losing its composure, y'all. I can SMELL the fear wafting off of them now!!! :D

That is exactly what I thought. I was like hmmm I smell blood in the water. The Ron Paul sharks are going to be all over this like a feeding frenzy! The Internet really is that cool. Poor 'journalists' are going to have to adapt.

Any other candidate could coordinate their supporters to do the same, if they really had any that gave a damn. But they dont. And that's the real POINT.

Yep, this is what has the Establishment upset. I think the American people are starting to wake up. The blood of freedom that runs in our veins and the fire of liberty that burns in our bones is being awakened. Beware!

ThePieSwindler
08-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Ron Paul is already doing well in straw polls where people have to actually show up and pay and do more than pick up the f'in phone. Phone polls are passive. Politics are active.

I predict this will be the election that determines that internet polls determine what the straw poll used to.

Yes, we spam polls. We vote and we disseminate info to eachother. Because we f'in care. And that matters. That translates into turnout.

Exactly. I was debating with a so-called, self proclaimed professional "mathematician" and "law student"(who was trying to argue about why he thinks leaving court decisions up to juries is a bad idea.... ..... go figure!) on another forum. He was positing that Ron Paul's low polling numbers reflect the actual reality, and show that he has no real chance without gaining substantial support. He said only the scientific polls are accurate because they poll a universal base of voters. I retorted simply what you said - are our elections scientific? No - they require one to act and GO TO THE POLLING POINT to cast a vote. I pointed out that in the scientific polls, only 7-10% were fully confident in their choice of candidate. I then pointed out how primaries tend to have low voter turnout for a base - often less than 10%, and with the Republican party not only shrinking, but turning out in even lower numbers than ever before, a small, vocal, active minority has a chance to move political mountains. I have a feeling the turnout rate of ron paul supporters is going to be over 90%, while it will be closer to the overall turnout (6-8%) for each of the other candidate's "supporters" that were polled on the telephone. We really can make a difference.

bygone
08-06-2007, 01:52 AM
To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

- Elbert Hubbard

paulitics
08-06-2007, 06:57 AM

good point. This is why guys like mutt Romney has to bribe people to get off their butts to vote for him in the straw poll.