PDA

View Full Version : My State Senate President blew me off

spotics
08-05-2007, 10:22 PM
On Saturday members of meetup groups from Paducah and Louisville Kentucky and Evansville, IN attended Kentucky's largest political festival the Fancy Farm Picnic. We passed out flyers, raised some money, and converted a few people.

Our efforts have not gone unnoticed by the people attending the event. According to the Democratic site http://www.swingstateproject.com//showDiary.do?diaryId=686

Third, and this was Shawn's observation at Fancy Farm and I'm highlighting because I think it was a good one: anti-war Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul had an impressive organization at Fancy Farm. In fact, the campaign to "Support Our Troops / End the War" was extremely popular at the event. I was amazed to see 60 year old men and women asking 25 year old activists for every pro-end-of-war sticker and sign they could provide. It truly was an amazing sight. I've been at Fancy Farms since 1992, and I've never witnessed such a motivated and activist crowd. That's one of the biggest stories to come out of Fancy Farm this year, quite frankly: even in rural Kentucky, the movement to end Bush's endless and futile war is gaining in momentum. Senator Mitch McConnell was visibly shaken in his speech by the response.

Jeers go out to Kentucky senate president David Williams who refused to take a Ron Paul flyer:mad: . Another thumbs down goes to Republican first district chairman Russ Randall. He said that a nice young man such as myself should be working for a candidate who can win. I wish he had spoken to those Young Republicans who said they were supporting Paul. I had actually said some nice things about Randall because he had promoted our Rand Paul visit, but those comments were out of line.:mad:

Josh Buckman

0zzy
08-05-2007, 11:03 PM
I read that and my eyes went huge and if someone was looking at me they'd think I was going to kill someone. This Randall guy would have been scared shitless with the stare I just did after reading what he said, if he actually said that in my face, oh boy. Prepare for some "blowback".

michaelwise
08-05-2007, 11:12 PM
The GOP rank and file have been drinking the Kool-Aid for too long.

ladyjade3
08-05-2007, 11:22 PM
They will see in time. Books are being written already. History is happening. There is a big shake-up ensuing. There is just no way I'm wrong. This is too perfect a storm...

They will be forgotten. You will be interviewed.

spacebetween
08-05-2007, 11:24 PM
The GOP rank and file have been drinking the Kool-Aid for too long.

Yeah, it's spewing out of their mouths. THERE ARE STAINS in the carpet.

Syren123
08-06-2007, 12:01 AM
They will see in time. Books are being written already. History is happening. There is a big shake-up ensuing. There is just no way I'm wrong. This is too perfect a storm...

They will be forgotten. You will be interviewed.

And YOU, my dear, will be the White House Press Secretary!

Lois
08-06-2007, 05:47 AM
You guys stop flirting with Rachael :)