PDA

View Full Version : Where are the swiftboats when you need them?

noztnac
01-31-2008, 02:15 PM
http://rawstory.com/news/2007/AntiMcCain_vets_ready_their_salvo_against_0302.htm l

SteveMartin
01-31-2008, 02:19 PM
Right here:

www.vietnamveteransagainstmccain.com

hrdman2luv
01-31-2008, 02:23 PM
These guys are nuts. They make it their game to bash our veterans. John McCain is a vet. And that part of his history should be left alone. As should all veterans military records be off limits to attacks. ( And I'm talking about real vets, not the george Bush types)

SteveMartin
01-31-2008, 02:25 PM
THEY ARE VETS!!

Also Google: Colonel David Hackworth.

These people KNOW the real McCain...you know, the nasty snake who glared at Dr. Paul with such bitter hate and envy on national TV all night last night.

N13
01-31-2008, 02:32 PM
They need to team up with Romney's cash and go national.

CaliforniaGold
01-31-2008, 02:42 PM
No!

Vets must speak out!
I am a vet! My husband is a vet!

We have to be the ones to expose him because the rest of the media hasn't the guts to take him on because he was a POW. They don't want to be seen as bashing a war hero. It is a touchy issue but when Vets are speaking out on the issue they are taking on one of their own and can not be called anti military

There were a lot of war heroes in that war. That doesn't give McCain a free pass.
When was the last time you saw Vets on stage with McCain?

SteveMartin
01-31-2008, 02:45 PM
CG,

Hear! Hear!

So eloquently stated!

Redcard
01-31-2008, 02:49 PM
They shot their wad and lost their credibility after doing it to Kerry.

There's not going to be much in the way of "falling for it" this time. The American public last time learned about "swiftboating", and "push polls."

Find another way to get to McCain, because this one WON'T work.

noztnac
01-31-2008, 02:50 PM
These guys are nuts. They make it their game to bash our veterans. John McCain is a vet. And that part of his history should be left alone. As should all veterans military records be off limits to attacks. ( And I'm talking about real vets, not the george Bush types)

Actually those guys are veterans too.

noztnac
01-31-2008, 02:51 PM
They shot their wad and lost their credibility after doing it to Kerry.

There's not going to be much in the way of "falling for it" this time. The American public last time learned about "swiftboating", and "push polls."

Find another way to get to McCain, because this one WON'T work.

Lost their credibility? Are you kidding? It worked.

noztnac
01-31-2008, 02:52 PM
No!

Vets must speak out!
I am a vet! My husband is a vet!

We have to be the ones to expose him because the rest of the media hasn't the guts to take him on because he was a POW. They don't want to be seen as bashing a war hero. It is a touchy issue but when Vets are speaking out on the issue they are taking on one of their own and can not be called anti military

There were a lot of war heroes in that war. That doesn't give McCain a free pass.
When was the last time you saw Vets on stage with McCain?

Right on.

JMann
01-31-2008, 02:52 PM
They told the truth about JF'nK and helped saved our country from that national disgrace.

Redcard
01-31-2008, 03:05 PM
Lost their credibility? Are you kidding? It worked.

And people will remember it as a Karl Rove technique, and link it straight into George Bush, and the kind of politics they don't want.

Go on. Try it. See for yourself.

I bet the only thing it does is make McCain look more like a war hero, and make the people who are doing it look more like "tools" of some Neocon movement.

I wouldn't attack him militarily, personally. War is something that we're sick of as a nation, and people might be too emotionally sympathetic towards him.

I'd go after the immigration record.