PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Coverage of Ron Paul - rEVOLutionary way to say thank you!

BIG_J
08-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Eli just sent flowers to Julie Banderas in response to her interview of Ron Paul on Fox news. Eli; thanks for the thought leadership on this! Lets do this! I'm sending her flowers now! Even a 10-15 dollar bouquet or something would be awesome! Think of the impact this would have on someone influential on the inside?!

Totally awsome idea ELI!

Here's the address!

Julie Banderas / Big Story Weekend
c/o FOX News Channel
1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036

I'm sending mine now; feel free to join in on the fun! This was at least 100,000 in free advertising for RP! 20 dollars here could be mutiplied a thousand times over if this works! No where in stocks will you get this kind of return!

LETS DO IT!

SPAMM AWAYYY!

:)

BIG_J
08-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Man La Mancha sent this!

About:
Look what member Eli did
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=10704&page=3

Thanks!

I sent her this
http://ww12.1800flowers.com/product.do?skuCode=17136

With this thank you note:

Thank you for the great job you did in the interview with Ron Paul!

Sincerely,
America

Roxi
08-05-2007, 10:05 PM
aw those are super cute flowers, GO YOU!!

ill at least send an email, i can't afford flowers now though iowa is breaking me

BIG_J
08-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Here is want Eli Sent:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermit View Post
c/o FOX News Channel
New York, NY 10036
Thanks!

I sent her this
http://ww12.1800flowers.com/product.do?skuCode=17136

With this thank you note:

Thank you for the great job you did in the interview with Ron Paul!

Sincerely,
America

axiomata
08-05-2007, 10:11 PM
the only thing better than flowers at the office is food

Buzz
08-05-2007, 10:14 PM
the only thing better than flowers at the office is food

:cool:

ghemminger
08-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Cool whos gonna deliver Food?

BIG_J
08-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Sent My flowers

confirmation # W00552500820335

BIG_J
08-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Okay; so we now have 3 members sending flowers; let's make our goal 10 people!

:) Make your monday happy knowing you are going to make someones day tomorrow and that they will have no idea it's coming! HOW FUN!

BIG_J
08-05-2007, 10:24 PM
FYI - make sure you put her name in the TO: box...I messed that up and had to call them!

Slugg
08-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Flowers to fox?!? Wow....the world really is changing.

BIG_J
08-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Ha-ha ha...yes; yes it is!

Dustancostine
08-05-2007, 10:59 PM
This forum is awesome. I would do it but my wife would kill me, regardless of the reason.

BIG_J
08-05-2007, 11:04 PM
LoL!! point taken ! I sent flowers to my GF as well. You maybe be able to use this excuse. LOL! Just make sure the ones you send the wife are twice as nice! HA HA!

Lord Xar
08-05-2007, 11:11 PM
wow.. AWESOME IDEAS's and great follow thru!

Cindy
08-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Flowers to fox?!? Wow....the world really is changing.

Yes it is!:) I watched the interview live, all the while I was looking around for flying pigs, and wondering how those in hell were enjoyiong the freezing off. :cool:

I thought it was a great interview with him for any news channel.

She presented herself to me, as if, she was trying to help Ron make it clear to the nation, that he does not think 9/11 was an inside job, and that he does not, agree with Alex Jones on such things, just because he agrees to being interviewed by him.

(even if that wasn't her intention, that's how it looked to me, and that matters more)

I bet 99 out of 100 Americans do not even know who Alex Jones is and had no clue what she was even talking about.

Ron got a Great chance from Fox, of all places, to clear that issue up AND, got a lot of time for other issues, considering, he is only getting 2-3% in scientific polls.

It was the first Fox interview with him where words wern't being put in his mouth and where he wasn't rudely cut off.

She was Great with him and I think it's awesome you guys are sending her flowers. I sent thank you's, to several e-mails at Fox for her interview.

Shatterhand
08-05-2007, 11:24 PM
It sounds like a creative strategy to send thank yous and flowers to this particular reporter. That's fine with me. Maybe it will help spread the Ron Paul Revolution in a good way. :D

But I still have no respect for Fox News. I will never watch them again after the way they treated Dr. Paul.

Have you forgotten this little story?

http://www.aim.org/aim_column/5466_0_3_0_C/

:D

BIG_J
08-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Cindy - Thanks for sending thank-yous! We need to give them every last bit of encouragement possible to get Dr. Paul in front of the masses!

Shatterhand - I know what you are saying; but this was a fair interview with Julie giving Dr. Paul the time to respond. Unlike Hannity; we are making headway lets keep it up!

BIG_J
08-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Time to sleep - night :)

Eli
08-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks for participating guys. I love the idea of "spamming" media groups who show support & give fair coverage to Ron Paul with nice gestures.

With a desk filled to the ceiling with flowers it'll be tough to think of Ron Paul supporters as a dismal group of "wacko" and bitter conspiracy theorist spammers.

Razmear
08-05-2007, 11:32 PM
I wonder if any local bakery could deliver some chocolate chip cookies?

McDermit
08-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Sent this:

https://www.mrsfields.com/gifts/Delectable-Bites-Basket-of-Nibblers-Brownie-Bites-and-Muffins

brownies, muffins, cookies. the large size.

McDermit
08-05-2007, 11:34 PM
I wonder if any local bakery could deliver some chocolate chip cookies?

I was going to go with Zaro's, since their black and whites are reallllly good.. but mrs field's was more bang for the buck.

brumans
08-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Here's a good thank you one for $24.99

http://ww12.1800flowers.com/product.do?baseCode=2407&dataset=1009&cm_cid=d1009

xita
08-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Godiva is always a good idea. Women love chocolate PLUS as she gives them out around the office, more people hear the story.

Eli
08-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Godiva is always a good idea. Women love chocolate PLUS as she gives them out around the office, more people hear the story.

Excellent point. If she works at a larger foxnews office it'll be the talk of the week.

McDermit
08-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Shari's Berries are always a REALLY huge hit too. berries.com

purepaloma
08-05-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm broke right now, but Fairy Tale Brownies are GREAT to send people !

http://www.brownies.com/

xita
08-06-2007, 01:47 AM
Just sent:

http://www.godiva.com/catalog/product.aspx?id=1394&SE_Section=Shop&SE_Category=89

I included this on the inside cover of the thankyou card:

http://smoke.st/rev2.jpg

Kill 'em with kindness!

vertesc
08-06-2007, 01:55 AM
I was completely surprised to see the fox logo on this interview. I thought it was the best footage of Paul I've seen. He was energized, focused, and clear... just the way I like it!

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 06:20 AM
:) YES we are halfway there ! :) 5 out of Ten; Now If we can get at least 2 people to send something today that would be great; Today she might think it was just something crazy; Tommorow; when she gets some flowers and more stuff; she will just be totally flabbergasted and we will be the talk of the office:) FUN! Thanks to everyone so far who has made this possible and all the neat suggestions! I have bookmarked them all!

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 06:25 AM
This is going to have such a great impact as everyone will wonder who all the flowers and other stuff is going to be coming from! when she says; Ron Paul supporters; it's going to be great! :) I can't imagine they get to many baskets and bouquets praising what they do on a daily basis, and I'm sure they have 10x the amount of hate letters sent their way!

This will be some good exposure! :)

foofighter20x
08-06-2007, 06:27 AM
Fixed the thread title ;)

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 06:29 AM
Thanks FooFighter!

TheEvilDetector
08-06-2007, 06:32 AM
Just sent:

http://www.godiva.com/catalog/product.aspx?id=1394&SE_Section=Shop&SE_Category=89

I included this on the inside cover of the thankyou card:

http://smoke.st/rev2.jpg

Kill 'em with kindness!

You attract more foxes with honey than with vinegar. Good work.

PS. Chocolate also works

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 07:04 AM
Who is going to take spots 1&2 for today?! We have lots of fabulous choices on this thread; so if you're not about flowers; you can send tons of other little goodies to say "Thanks!"

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 07:18 AM
Hi again; just got word that packages 1&2 which included the flowers I sent today were dropped off! just a note that you might get called; since we don't know what floor she is on...they were kind of giving the delivery driver a hard time. However, they did successfully complete the order!

Hurricane Bruiser
08-06-2007, 07:27 AM
I just sent her an ecard with some flowers and music and a short thank you message.

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Awesome! Thanks thanks Hurricane Bruiser! we now have 1&2 for today and are up to seven! can we hit our goal today?

Here is a pm from PYRAZOLE saying that flowers were also sent!

[QUOTE=pyrazole]Hey, I sent flowers to her. Unfortunately, the board isn't letting me post, so there's #1 for today. Should also be delivered today.

Thanks for contributing everyone and once again showing that we are not just SPAMMERS! :)

RP08
08-06-2007, 08:22 AM
The bobble head doesn't pick the interview -- the producer does. Still a kind gesture though (thanks to all). Send your messages / gifts to the producer, whomever that is.

Then, send a pre-emptive gift strike to your local talk radio show's producer to get some talk time with Dr. Paul during rush hour.

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 08:24 AM
I want to see her tell her producer; what a great guy Ron was and that she should have him on again; employees have more influence then outsiders. that is a good point though; the producer did Have Ron Paul on. Future Gift cards should have both names maybe?

RP08
08-06-2007, 08:38 AM
I want to see her tell her producer

Not gonna' happen. Not unless she's runnin' the show.

Reporters on the back of the bus are just scared of being outsourced or replaced by the next puppet in line.

A sure-fire way of being "relieved of duty" in the news industry is stating one's opinion.

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 08:42 AM
must be a fun place to work!

RP08
08-06-2007, 08:56 AM
must be a fun place to work!

If she's a little brave, you may see those flowers displayed on the background stage in upcoming broadcasts. So that would be kinda' cool.

AZ Libertarian
08-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Flowers are nice but I'd rather see them get a note that says "Thank you for your kindness. A $XX donation has been made to the Ron Paul Campaign in your name!"

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Ha ha - I was thinking of that; however; I'm not sure I want to do that to anyone from fox news; I might give them a heart attack or something. I don't want to kill them; I want to say thanks! LOL!

Good Point though! This will also be accepted!

Johnnybags
08-06-2007, 09:10 AM
If she's a little brave, you may see those flowers displayed on the background stage in upcoming broadcasts. So that would be kinda' cool.

Claims they could be an Al Quaeda ploy so they are forwarding them to Olbermann.

Bradley in DC
08-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Close your eyes and imagine the US and the world when OUR people are heading the government! :)

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Only 3 more bouquets to go and we will have hit our Goal! Thanks to everyone so far!

Is it getting better, or do you feel the same /
Making it easier on you now /
You got someone to blame /
One love /
One life /
we got to carry each other/
Carry each other /

Richie
08-06-2007, 09:56 AM
I'd be willing to do it. Could somebody point me in the direction of a cheap website to order them from?

Avalon
08-06-2007, 10:01 AM
This will definitely make the event stand out to the producer/management when it was obvious to me the intent of the interview was to attach negative conspiracy theories to him:
1. Asking him his belief on the matter while implying that he'd bandied around it before with non-answers.
2. Connecting him with the most well known truther.
3. Misattributing the gulf of Tonkin part deux theory to RP when it was AJ who said that, RP just was agreeing to it in the extent that the government would capitalize on any event they could possibly force into a casus belli (as he reiterated in this interview). It seemed like he was debating whether to correct her or not...I think he chose the wise route because they would have quoted him agreeing with AJ and left out the two sentences after that qualified the statement.

Seeing how well he came out and emphasizing that (rubbing it in) with all these gifts...I wouldn't be surprised if she gets fired over it.

RP08
08-06-2007, 10:02 AM
I'd be willing to do it. Could somebody point me in the direction of a cheap website to order them from?

www.ProFlowers.com

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-06-2007, 10:04 AM
If you're absolutely going to do this, go with a basket from Harry & David or cookies (delivered from a retail establishment, not homemade) or something she can share with the office. They'll ask her where she got it.

camnc79
08-06-2007, 10:09 AM
I just sent the following to Julie - along with two Thank You balloons.

http://ww12.1800flowers.com/product.do?skuCode=2407

Keep up the CREATIVE, AWESOME ideas!

Cameron

Richie
08-06-2007, 10:10 AM
www.ProFlowers.com

Ugh. Those are out of my price range. The max for me is $25. If there aren't any other sites, count me out. :(

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Awesome!

With Richie and Cam's Contributions we are now at 9! One more, and we will have hit our goal...!

:) :) :)

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Or management might look at it and say; oh, I guess they are "REAL" viewers; maybe we should do some more RP segments...(Secretly jealous that Banderas got a bunch of sweet chocolate chip cookies and ballons!)

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Hi Richie; try 1800flowers.com.

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 10:14 AM
You could also try godiva.com; I think they have some 10-20 dollar boxes that would be nice.

sylvania
08-06-2007, 10:17 AM
There are a ton of coupons to use with 1800flowers or Proflowers. Just do a google search and you can get up to 20% off or $10 off total order coupon.

RP08
08-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Every now and then I send a few large pizzas to my coworkers in a different state. I just use http://yp.yahoo.com and look up a local pizza shop, use the delivery address to pick a nearby one, and pay by cc over the phone. Everyone on the team, and then some, get to enjoy a surprise lunch and it doesn't cost much.

BIG_J
Sylvania; thanks for your tip! I didn't even realize this! Ha-ha.

Google is your best-freind!

camnc79
Use code DEALTAKER1 for 10% off orders at 1800flowers.com :)

In addition to the flowers I sent, I used this as my thank you message:

Julie -

For years, I was a Fox Fan. Over the past two years, I have tuned out because of my perception of extreme bias. Your interview with Dr. Paul yesterday energized my confidence. Thank you!

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 10:19 AM
OOO GOOD one RP08. Seriously; I am writing these Ideas down! Ha-ha!

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Only 1 more Bouquet or Women's Vice to make our goal! Great job everyone!

The look on her face has to be like one of those mastercard commercials: PRICELESS!

Richie
08-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Sorry guys. The shipping is killing me. I'm going to have to be counted out. :(

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 10:46 AM
That's okay richie! I'm sure someone will step up to take your spot! Thanks for trying! You could always just give 10$ to the campaign and call it even:)

Richie
08-06-2007, 10:50 AM
That's okay richie! I'm sure someone will step up to take your spot! Thanks for trying! You could always just give 10$ to the campaign and call it even:)

That's a great idea. I think I will. :)

MsDoodahs
08-06-2007, 11:02 AM
I've not read the whole thread but wanted to chime in that ...

RP's favorite is chocolate chip cookies.

Anyone send her some of those?

Love this idea and ... anyone watching to see if it gets mentioned on air?

I can't stomach that channel...

Brian
08-06-2007, 11:03 AM
I find this whole thing so funny. They first try to entrap and label RP as a "911 kook", the whole time the interviewer has a royal attitude during the segment. RP, predictably covers his arse with an intelligent response, the girl figures she's beat and backs off to protect herself ...

And we're sending her fing chocolates.

Ive never gotten flowers or chocolates. Who do I need to stab in the back to get me some friggin chocolates?

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Then shoot an email to her saying that you sent 10$ in her name:)

Bada bing; bada boom.

MsDoodahs
08-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Oooooh, Big J, that's a really good one, too!

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Boston-no-good-cop - "it's the symbology"
The dude who played the green goblin in spiderman - "You mean Symbolism, it's the symbolism!"

And yes; making her co-workers jealous that she had Ron Paul on and they didn't, is comical and very, very, very ironic!

jd603
08-06-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm sure she will love them, I don't know if she even prepared any of the segment/questions though, there might be other managers who did that... she may have just been reading. :o

Eli just sent flowers to Julie Banderas in response to her interview of Ron Paul on Fox news. Eli; thanks for the thought leadership on this! Lets do this! I'm sending her flowers now! Even a 10-15 dollar bouquet or something would be awesome! Think of the impact this would have on someone influential on the inside?!

Totally awsome idea ELI!

Here's the address!

c/o FOX News Channel
New York, NY 10036

I'm sending mine now; feel free to join in on the fun! This was at least 100,000 in free advertising for RP! 20 dollars here could be mutiplied a thousand times over if this works! No where in stocks will you get this kind of return!

LETS DO IT!

SPAMM AWAYYY!

Elwar
08-06-2007, 11:25 AM
You guys are going to get this girl fired.

Fox News will see that one of their anchors is getting gifts from Ron Paul supporters because of her great interview with him...she'll be lucky if she ever works in the Old Press ever again.

The small piece I saw yesterday on the local fox station the guy mentioned the GOP debates and said how all candidates support the war.

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 11:28 AM
I did get a call from "Unknown" today at 9:11 (no not kidding) and they left a message, but it was just like an office phone hanging up. Could have been that she was just going to say thanks! :)

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Maybe she'll start her own blog and become rich and famous!

"Banderas quits Fox News, only to start her own start-up; now she is paying it forward by giving millions to the Children's Fight for Food in NYC."

camnc79
08-06-2007, 12:07 PM
I of course don't believe that Julie would ever lose her job over this. Who knows. Perhaps we will hear nothing of this. But what it comes down to is innovation. How often has this happened before? I would wager to say that it's not every day, week, month or even year that a television reporter gets an array of thanks for covering.

As to her trying to throw Dr. Paul under the bus - I don't believe that. She was reading from the teleprompter the questions passed down by producers. She gave quite a few affirmatives (not necessarily agreements) as Dr. Paul answered and did not press him to hurry through. Had it been a hit job, she would have cut him off more forcefully or she would have not been interviewing him to begin with.

I encourage others to join this creative effort. The chocolate chip cookie idea is brilliant. It'd be pretty neat for her to get a few things every day this week. That way if her next appearance is on Saturday, she'll have plenty of "fresh" thoughts of baked goods to bring this up to her audience.

Creative marketing is what has helped the grassroots thus far. I wholeheartedly encourage and will support any effort like this.

Cameron

Elwar
08-06-2007, 12:19 PM
A chocolate chip cookie theme would actually be great for any reporter that does a fair interview of Paul...

I bet that would become quite the talk among media folks of the Paul cookies.

Here's a tin of cookies where you can upload a photo for the top of the tin for $35
http://www.chipndough.com/personalized_photo_gifts.html

G-khan
08-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Here is the link to the video of Ron Paul owning up to his liking chocolate cookies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAg7Kztnlb4

:D

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Chocolate cookies are now valid fulfillment of this thread! :) I agree; it is not often you see random thoughts of kindness towards reporters, mostly they probably get angry emails and such, this is probalby a breath of fresh air; and her collegues are surely noticing. Which is the whole point. Plus; if anything you just made someones day:)

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Plus I want Bill O'reilly to walk by and have a Chocolate chip cookie and almost choke when he hears who it's "FROM"

Comedy gold people, comedy gold.

Dustancostine
08-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Plus I want Bill O'reilly to walk by and have a Chocolate chip cookie and almost choke when he hears who it's "FROM"

Comedy gold people, comedy gold.

LOL :D

Better Yet Pass some to Hanity.

FSP-Rebel
08-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Maybe I missed it, but is there a link to the video?

McDermit
08-06-2007, 01:00 PM
There are chocolate chip cookies in the Mrs Fields basket I sent, just in case anyone missed it. That should be delivered tomorrow. But if anyone wants to send JUST choco chip cookies for the impact, go for it!

And I'm sending chocolate covered strawberries that will arrive on Wednesday.
http://offers.berries.com/P/v3/r.asp?r=T1_Url4&e=6679%3B002410%3B470775519%3B19%3B02&a=1007

"Thank you for the wonderful interview with Congressman Ron Paul on August 5th!

-From viewers in the Wilkes-Barre area who remember Julie Bidwell from WBRE!"

(She was our local anchor girl for a couple years.)

nullvalu
08-06-2007, 01:01 PM
whats her email

Hurricane Bruiser
08-06-2007, 01:05 PM
If Sean Hannity were to get cookies from us he would think they were poisoned! I suppose if they were not home made types then that would be different.

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Yes! I think that's the reason this is going to work; everything is from a valid "Mainstream" Vendor. It's not like we can call up customer service and ask them to throw some DDT in there or something. :) McDermit; I think I missed your post; We are now at 9 and again; only need one more person to send something to meet our goal of 10! :)

ghemminger
08-06-2007, 01:11 PM
This is fantastic...I wish payday was today!

Shatterhand
08-06-2007, 01:16 PM
What I like about this flower and chocolate chip cookie idea is that it might create dissension at Fox News. The regular people who work there will see that the Ron Paul supporters are very nice and will have moral qualms when their fat cat bosses tell them to go after Dr. Paul. Maybe we can divide them and conquer them with kindness.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

jj111
08-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Email your thanks to:

yourwordlive@foxnews.com

and

yourcomments@foxnews.com

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 01:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29q7K1-AlqQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA2qRfwJ3V8

--videos of interview.

Bison
08-06-2007, 01:30 PM
If Julie Banderas gains about thirty pounds in the coming weeks, you'll know she got all the cookies.:)

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Ha-ha-ha! Just thinking she is going to be in the gym for 3 hours a day the next 2 weeks.

Sorry Julie! LOL

Bison
08-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Maybe if she washes them down with a glass of 1% milk she'll be fine.:)

Eli
08-06-2007, 01:37 PM
I looked it up, the fox news office she works at in New York is VERY big. This is great news, because I don't care if you work at the sears tower if theres free food, candy, chocolates and too many flower boutiques to take home around it WILL draw everyones attention. Accompanied by a slew of polite thank you emails. It can't be ignored.

This is awesome. It makes Ron Paul supporters look very good and when we look good he looks good. Now there might be some resistance when the higher ups ask them to do a story on the "hate mongering fringe wackos"

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah; at any office where there is free food; especially when it comes from someplace awesome like ms. fields, people run to that persons cube. Naturally; they ask if she got engaged, married, or having a baby...NOPE; RP supporters sent it to me:)

HA HA HA. Suck on that Ghouhliani!

Shatterhand
08-06-2007, 01:43 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 01:44 PM
I'm going to go with Stunned Silence.

That's all I can come up with! :)

McDermit
08-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Yeah; at any office where there is free food; especially when it comes from someplace awesome like ms. fields, people run to that persons cube. Naturally; they ask if she got engaged, married, or having a baby...NOPE; RP supporters sent it to me:)

HA HA HA. Suck on that Ghouhliani!

Haha, yep. Pretty much everyone on her floor will be in her office trying to steal something. :D

jj111
08-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Ours is not to question why, ours is just to reward good behavior.....

Dary
08-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Maybe she didn't get the memo?

Should she be turned on to this thread?

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 01:52 PM
I don't see a problem with it, I want her to get the goods. If you think that would help; no problemo:)

Shink
08-06-2007, 01:54 PM
I hope to hell you guys get some great replies. Slap them up here ASAP!

Thor
08-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Maybe she didn't get the memo?

Should she be turned on to this thread?

With all the threads on here from paranoid people thinking someone is out for them because they are a Ron Paul supporter, ("ABC reset the polls", etc) probably not the best idea.

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Maybe; something like; thanks for the interview; you have packages in the mail room if you haven't picked them up yet; "Thier flowers and cookies" there's a better way to word it though I'm sure so it doesn't so too creepy.

Dary
08-06-2007, 02:01 PM
With all the threads on here from paranoid people thinking someone is out for them because they are a Ron Paul supporter, ("ABC reset the polls", etc) probably not the best idea.

I don't know. If she is smart enough to become a news anchor, then I'm sure she could figure it all out.

Thor
08-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Maybe; something like; thanks for the interview; you have packages in the mail room if you haven't picked them up yet; "Thier flowers and cookies" there's a better way to word it though I'm sure so it doesn't so too creepy.

Christ, that sounds like a bomb threat. Just let her get the things when they are delivered.

jj111
Let's not go too nuts on her. Balance.

Eli
agreed. Lets not make this look all organized and declare that we are only doing it to get ron paul more tv time. Its just a thank you, no need to make her realize its some big organized event. Lets not go nuts here.

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Shink; I did say I got a message at 9:11, however I was busy and coudln't answer (Kind of funny with all the 9/11 stuff around here) However, all it was, was an office phone hanging up. Kind of funny; I figured it was her wondering who the hell sent her thank you flowers. LOL. It was from a number "Unknown".

Or all the things I've been responding to in the HOT TOPICS section, I have the completely wrong stance on; and "they" are coming for me.

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Thor; sorry, not a liberal arts major:)

Thor
08-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Thor; sorry, not a liberal arts major:)

Me neither, but damn.... :D

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-06-2007, 02:08 PM
I love you guys, and this is cool, but I'd suggest cutting it off at this point. There is a kook threshold somewhere, and we don't want to cross it. She's going to wonder if Ron Paul has EVER been interviewed before.

Love the choc chip cookie idea! (But enough!)

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 02:11 PM
I think she realizes he has been; otherwise he would have fell flat on his face when asked the quesetions she asked; there is only one more Thank-you basket to go and the goal will be reached.

Then I will go get my aircraft carrier and you and thor can stand beside me next to the banner and we can all say Mission Accomplished, together!

Eli
08-06-2007, 02:48 PM
indeed and thanks for the great job and organization big_j.
We got our ten plus lots of emails. Lets declare this as mission accomplished and move on to more productive items on our Revolution-To-Do-List <-great idea for a website.

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Where is it?

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Good job everyone!

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 02:54 PM
http://www.mecawi.org/mission%20accomplished.jpg

Roxi
08-06-2007, 03:00 PM

LMFAO.... your right, you could add, hurry julie go get the cookies muahahahaha:D

Shink
08-06-2007, 03:07 PM
LMFAO.... your right, you could add, hurry julie go get the cookies muahahahaha:D

Sounds like the setup for a Saw film.

Edit::eek: JIGSAW IS A LIBERTARIAN

ghemminger
08-06-2007, 03:11 PM
http://www.mecawi.org/mission%20accomplished.jpg

Why are you guysposting he said MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:)

Roxi
08-06-2007, 03:27 PM
ya you can stop sending flowers now and start sending donations to RP!!!!!!!!

i think my new signature should be "hurry julie go get the flowers" LMAO

libertygrl
08-06-2007, 04:17 PM
People actually sent her flowers?? I admit, I didn't read through this entire thread but let me cut to the chase - AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO THOUGHT THE ENTIRE INTERVIEW WAS AN ATTEMPTED SET UP?

First of all, the way Fox News has been treating RP I was very suspicious about why they would have him on in the first place! Then I got my answer when she threw in the 9-11 questions and his appearences on Alex Jones. Personally, I see Fox News as nothing more than a neo-con propaganda machine, and I perceived this interview as an attempt to put doubts in the minds of Republican Conservative voters. I don't trust ANYTHING Fox News does. I don't even trust if the questions came from actual viewers! Even if RP came out with some good answers, the fact that they connected RP with Alex Jones, 9-11 and state sponsored terrorism, that might be enough to put some doubts in the minds of GOP voters.

"Dwelling on the 9/11 question, massive though it is, only provides the likes of Fox News with ample opportunity to sidetrack and smear the Congressman and alienate him from Republican voters who have become disenchanted with the direction of the party..."

http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/ron_paul_fox_news_attempts_smear_after_debate.htm

camnc79
08-06-2007, 04:31 PM
People actually sent her flowers?? I admit, I didn't read through this entire thread but let me cut to the chase - AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO THOUGHT THE ENTIRE INTERVIEW WAS AN ATTEMPTED SET UP?

Libertygrl -

To me, this was more about showing who the better person was. The interview went GREAT. This is regardless of what anyone's perceptions of the show's goals were for Dr. Paul.

Assuming that it was an attempted hatchet job, those who took part in the flower/cookie/chocolate drive were the better people because we showed thanks for what a success the interview came out to be.

I may be in the minority, but I believe that if they were really "out to get" Dr. Paul, they would have been more rabid on the reporter/anchor side. They were not and it came across as being that Julie accepted and appreciated the answers given by Dr. Paul.

For this, I believe the campaign had a net gain.

Thus, I feel that the flower/chocolate idea is great and will at worst have a neutral effect and that the flowers are sitting in an alley dumpster in NYC. :p

Cameron

xita
08-06-2007, 05:23 PM
libertygrl's Avatar:

We all thought it was an attempted hit piece. That's not the point. In order to win over the hearts and minds of people, you don't say "BAD, BAD REPORTING" you say "Great Job! Can we get more stories and interviews with Ron Paul?"

The more THEY see him, the more THEY will like him. And if his supporters are these rabid fans that send anyone giving him media time gifts - that's gonna say something very positive.

maiki
08-06-2007, 07:07 PM

But The interview was actually quite good. I agree, less time could have been spent on 9/11, but it helped clarify his positions which many people might have been confused about as well. Actually, I though RP talked too much in his replies, and would have been better if he had kept his answers snappier to answer more questions.

I thought the interview went well. If it was a set up, it was a piss-poor setup.

jpa
08-07-2007, 12:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3PyoUPcobA

More of Shirley Pehlps-Roper. This time fighting with religous nuts who were protesting at a soldiers funeral. Glad ysa'll sent her flowers.

libertygrl
08-07-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't disagree at all that RP did well in the interview. I was actually relieved! I'm just saying that all they have to do is throw out a few key words to put doubt in some people's minds.

If you look at past interviews or even during the past debates, there are certain terms or words they will throw out there to discredit him in front of conservative voters. And I noticed that they did this seveal times - "are you in the right party?" "aren't libertarians more liberal? "you're anti war and sound more like a democrat" etc.. little things like that can indeed sway some people in the Republican Party who are still sitting on the fence.

Just my opinion.

disinter
08-08-2007, 02:55 AM
Did anyone ever watch her recent shows to see if she acknowledged the people who sent flowers in any way?

BIG_J
08-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Not yet; she usually is not on till Sundays. Just got a message from the Mail Room at Fox News though. (This was from the FOX NEWS MAIL ROOM) not the general mail-room. They called and asked what the deal was...LMAO. I proceeded to tell her about Ron Paul and That Julie had her on.

She was like "Okay, there sure are a lot of packages coming in; I just wanted to see if there were going to be anymore this week because I'm taking the rest of the week off, and I have to know for my back up"

HaHa. I guess it worked?

BIG_J
08-08-2007, 02:00 PM
You can PM me and I will give you the # if you are worried your package didn't get through.

TNX!

pyrazole2
08-08-2007, 02:36 PM
beautifully done. Glad we heard some feedback on it! I'm glad we were able to mobilize as well as we did....that's one of our greatest assets!

Eli
08-08-2007, 02:37 PM
lol thats awesome.
1800 flowers confirmed that my delivery was made yesterday. So I'm assuming it got to her.

jd603
08-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Just my two cents. If Fox's plan was to ambush/smear Paul , then they are going to be mega pissed with all the compliments on the interview! hahah

So either way the flowers/cookies were a great idea.

pyrazole2
08-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Julie Banderas is doing Faux News live right now (11am EST)...not that she'd say anything about her gifts or RP, but it's good to know we didn't get her in trouble..lol

BIG_J
08-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Haha - Word!