PDA

View Full Version : the quote heard round the world

Roxi
08-05-2007, 09:48 PM
yes im stealing the old adage "the shot heard round the world" and using that as my headline (feel free to use it in blogs or media based letters, maybe it will catch on :D)

my mom just called me and said it was mentioned on faux and CNN and such ron pauls line from the debates today "just come home" and that the only negative light being shed on the pieces was the headlines that say "claps and boos heard after ron paul debate comment" but she said they are replaying the clip and no boos can be heard..oh and they showed the poll numbers and pointed out ron wasn't in the top tier in them and made a hooplah about it... but at least they mentioned his name and the quote right?

this is great news i've been hoping all day that would be the case and they would at least mention it...

online is a different story, im not usually the one to jump to the they are purposely brushing him aside points but i think this is crap and definitely proves something. when looking up on all the MSM sites CNN HAD nothing about the debate on the front page of the politics section but mentioned RP and misquoted him in the actual article and FOX had it on the front page about the debates but no mention of RP or the quote

AND.. on RLC (real clear politics) they are showing charts of the top candidates progress on the abc polls and RP isn't even on the page but huckabee is along with romniani McCain and thompson (not sure which one, i guess tommy)

i don't know how to screen shot but check it out http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/ia/iowa_republican_caucus-207.html
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292171,00.html

this pisses me off, i guess i shouldn't be surprised though

damn i was all depressed about the debate, then excited about this, now im all mad again ugh:confused: :mad:

edit: to add links

Dustancostine
08-05-2007, 09:57 PM
We need to make "Just Come Home" our grassroots motto.

Shatterhand
08-05-2007, 10:00 PM
We need to make "Just Come Home" our grassroots motto.

Brilliant Idea. Let's really try to spread this quote around everywhere. It's very moving.

:)

Nathan Hale
08-05-2007, 10:10 PM
It's good to be supportive of Dr. Paul, but it's bad to delude ourselves. There were cheers AND boos. Granted, the cheers were the more powerful of the two, but both were present.

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 10:19 PM
http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=3958

"Just come home. We just marched in. We can just come back. We went in there illegally. We did not declare war. It's lasting way too long. We didn't declare war in Korea or Vietnam. The wars were never really ended. We lose those wars. We're losing this one. We shouldn't be there. We ought to just come home."

I don't think we are deluding ourselves. The applause or boos at the debate means nothing, remember all the applause for Guiliani's idiocy in South Carolina?

Quote heard 'round the world, could very well be true.

In fact, each time the message Paul delivers is fired across the bow of the status quo, it increases the likelihood that the message will start to resonate.

MozoVote
08-05-2007, 10:23 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again. Don't underestimate the power of a pithy quote. Sometimes a good one knocks the competition down so hard they can't get up again for months.

Reagan (in Nashua debate that the other candidates refused to finish) - "I paid for this microphone!"

Mondale (about Gary Hart's claim to represent "New Ideas") - "Where's the Beef?"

George Bush #1 (putting Pete Du Pont in an elitist box) - "Pierre, Let me explain this to you..."

"Just Come Home" is a Ron Paul tactical nuke. :) It will be replayed and quoted many times.

Shatterhand
08-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Just Come Home

:)

sylvania
08-05-2007, 10:29 PM
justcomehome.org and justcomehome.us are available for the taking.

Dustancostine
08-05-2007, 10:38 PM
justcomehome.org and justcomehome.us are available for the taking.

Take'em, we could use it for another PAC.

Marceline88
08-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Just Come Home has a nice sound to it for chanting don't ya think?

I mean, isn't it the core of what's bringing us all together, isn't what we all really want? It's time to shout it.

disinter
08-05-2007, 10:46 PM
"Ron Paul has fired a bullet whose shot is heard 'round the world."

http://dailypaul.com/node/1113

richard1984
08-05-2007, 10:54 PM
That was great. I skipped over it earlier, but I'm glad I watched it.

(funny side note: there was a girl from Belgium in my class in 2nd and 3rd grade, she had a crush on me, she liked Babar (the elephant king dude), and she named all of her Babar dolls "Richard." She did a show-and-tell one day in second grade with her favorite Babar doll (named "Richard"). It was really embarrassing at the time. Kinda cute in hindsight, though.)

Hook
08-05-2007, 11:04 PM
And you didn't go with the opportunity?
Fool! ;-)

richard1984
08-05-2007, 11:11 PM
And you didn't go with the opportunity?
Fool! ;-)

I'm sure I did something disgusting later to cleanse myself of yucky girl germs. (that was my "he-man woman hater" phase)

Hook
08-06-2007, 12:17 AM
When I was that age, I wanted as many girl germs as I could get :)

Paulitician
08-06-2007, 01:49 AM
Actually, the only time I heard boos (and I had to listen pretty close for it) was after Ron Paul explained how the domino effect never happened after Vietnam even though it was predicted. That was the second time he spoke out on Iraq. I suppose the only reason there were boos that time was because they noticed just have loud the applause was after Paul said "just come home." I guess they felt they needed to combat that by booing his ideas, even though his 2nd response to Iraq was had actual logical reasoning to get out. Of course the so called Republicans don't care about reasoning and historical evidence, they just want dogma.

I think by mentioning there was both applause and boos is spinning it a bit. Yes there were boos, but they were almost inaudible compared to the acclaim. I've been watching my local news, and indeed, they all showed the clip of Ron Paul saying "just come home." It's a very good slogan. However, the ABC channel showed some moron saying something to effect: "They're all after Romney because they're afraid of him. He's got the whole package. He's got the looks, he's got the policies, he's got the polls etc." It made me want to puke! At first I didn't care about Mitt Romney but now he makes my stomach churn. :( That just leave McCain to gain my disrespect from the "top tier." Hopefully he doesn't take any cheap shots at Paul. It would be hypicritical after all, he did say Ron Paul is the most honest man in congress.