PDA

View Full Version : Ohio GOP Excludes Ron Paul from its List of Presidential Candidates

disinter
08-05-2007, 09:31 PM
the Ohio Republican Party's website excludes Ron Paul's name from the list Republican candidates for President in 2008 (left-hand side of the page, under "The Links").

If you think they should be including Ron Paul, tell them.

http://ronpaul.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/08/ohio-gop-exclud.html

LibertyEagle
08-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks. Done.

ladyjade3
08-05-2007, 09:49 PM
especially Ohio voters should be screaming about this

0zzy
08-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Done.

thomj76
08-05-2007, 10:06 PM
I sent this letter:

Good Evening, Ohio Republicans:

I am taking the time to email this regarding the exclusion of Ron Paul as a Link for Republican Candidates on the website http://ohiogop.blogs.com. Humbly, I implore you to include this outstanding example of what a Republican Representative should be. Congress is filled to the brim with people who's primary concern is getting re-elected. It is refreshing to the people such as myself, that the concepts envisioned for what this country should be are not completely thrown to the wayside in an attempt to either line their pockets at the taxpayers expense, or to procure the next term of office.

With your inclusion of a candidate (Fred Thompson), who has not even officially declared, I am extremely disappointed in what I can only hope is an oversight on your part.

I thank you very much for your time and attention to this matter.

Earnestly Submitted,

Christopher F. Dillard

ChrisM
08-05-2007, 10:07 PM
I'll head over to the state headquarters tomorrow morning.

LibertyOfOne
08-05-2007, 10:13 PM
When can a man get some respect around here?

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Me:
Subject: Oops -- you forgot someone
Message: Ron Paul's campaign website is www.RonPaul2008.com. I'm sure it was an oversight. Can happen to the best of us.

1000-points-of-fright
08-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Done.

I am a conservative Ohioan who has never voted in a primary. I plan on voting in the Republican primaries next year only because of Ron Paul and his unwaivering belief in the wisdom of the Founding Fathers and the Constitution. Your obvious exclusion of him from the list of links to GOP candidate websites is a tactic more suited to the Democrats and the mainstream media. What's more, you are using it against a man who, more so than any other candidate, stands for everything you purport to believe in.

If it weren't for the fact that there seems to be a widespread effort to marginalize Ron Paul one could excuse it as an oversight. The inclusion someone who is not even a candidate makes your bias even more apparent.

If Ron Paul does not get the GOP nomination, you WILL lose the Whitehouse to a Democrat.

A little bit of shame never hurts.

specsaregood
08-06-2007, 07:29 AM
bump

pazzo83
08-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Done.

After recently checking out your website, I noticed a glaring omission in your Election 2008 section, specifically regarding links to candidate websites. You have left out the individual with the 3rd most cash on hand of all the Republicans currently declared, and the candidate with by far the most popularity on the internet and the largest grassroots effort of ALL the candidates. That individual is Dr. Ron Paul, unquestionably the most conservative, republican member of the Congress. I find it anathema to the concept of republicanism and basic conservative principles that you would de facto censor Dr. Paul from your website by leaving no reference to his campaign, for reasons I cannot begin to fathom. I would ask that you give every Republican candidate currently declared in the race an equal share and equal treatment on your website. You owe it to the candidates themselves, and you owe it to the citizens of Ohio. Hailing from Toledo, I am absolutely certain that if more Ohioans knew of this censorship blatantly occurring within the Ohio GOP, they would be outraged.

Thank you for your time.

Note: I was born in Toledo, and have lots o' family in that area, hence my final line.

AZ Libertarian
08-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Has anyone notified the Ohio Meetup Groups about this?

AZ Libertarian
08-06-2007, 10:40 AM
I got this from Maryanne:

Ed,

This is the email I just sent...let's see what happens.

Thanks again,

Maryanne Petranek wrote:

Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 08:49:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Regarding information on blog site
To: info@ohiogop.org

Hi,

I am a lifelong Ohio Republican and I found your site today. I was checking the links on the left side of the page listing Republican candidates for the 2008 presidential election. You don't have Congressman Ron Paul ( R-Tex) listed.

I would appreciate it if you could add his link as he is a presidential candidate for 2008. The link is:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Also, if you need any additional information about Dr. Paul, please email me and I will be happy to direct you to more information.

Thanks,

Maryanne Petranek
Cleveland, Ohio

Expect Success!

Maryanne

http://www.ronpaul2008.com

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/178/

Matt Collins
08-06-2007, 11:44 AM
I just sent an e-mail. Really, what assclowns... :mad:

CurtisLow
08-06-2007, 11:53 AM
sent an e-mail :mad:

jj111
08-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Get all the Ron Paul meetup supporters in Ohio to call them up and ask them about this. Here is their contact info:

Ohio Republican Party Headquarters

211 S. Fifth Street

Columbus, Ohio 43215

(614) 228-2481 phone

(614) 228-1093 fax

info@ohiogop.org

ChairmanMao
08-06-2007, 12:16 PM
I called, I was instantly transeferred to someones voice mail after I said there was a candidate missing on their site.

squirrelbrewer
08-06-2007, 12:19 PM
This is not surprising in the least. After all, this is the state in which our former Secretary of State, Ken Blackwell, tried to deny Libertarians access on the ballot. He also refused to disqualify Diebold voting machines even though it was known they had software issues. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that he owns Diebold stock. I think it's amazing that Dr. Paul has the strength, courage, patience and persistence to deal with the majority of people at leadership posts within the GOP at federal, state, and local levels. I just let our local meetup group here in Toledo know that he's been excluded in the links. Onward......

mport1
08-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Done.

jj111
08-06-2007, 12:34 PM
They need some face to face time at their headquarters with a visit from local RP Meetup supporters.

tnvoter
08-06-2007, 12:36 PM
When are the Neocons going to realize their reign is over. Let's get on this.

disinter
08-06-2007, 12:47 PM
I just called them: (614) 228-2481

They said they will "make sure they get that added" in kind of a "whatever" tone.

VoteWriteIn
08-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Done...

I'm from Toledo, Ohio, as is my family...Our entire family has about 10 medium to small businesses in Ohio...I've asked all of them to email the Ohio GOP blog and let them know they're voting for Ron Paul and their obvious bias is filthy.

jj111
08-06-2007, 01:55 PM
I just called them, got through to someone in person, he said it was an unintentional oversight and will be corrected "shortly," when pressed for a time frame, I asked within a week, he said "definitely."

That is a polite response, much more polite than we ever got with Ed Failor, so I would recommend that all emails and contacts to them, which should continue, should be polite, and should not assume that they did this intentionally. Being nice is simply the best way to motivate people to do the right thing, esp. in a situation like this with the response I got.

VoteWriteIn
08-06-2007, 01:57 PM
I just called them, got through to someone in person, he said it was an unintentional oversight and will be corrected "shortly," when pressed for a time frame, I asked within a week, he said "definitely."

Great job! :)

Bradley in DC
08-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Just called. Introduced myself, explained that I had been twice elected to the Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Republican Central Committee and was concerned that their website was making the Ohio Republican Party look bad by omitting a major candidate for president on their web site.

I was transfered to another guy, repeated the same speech. He said it was an oversight and got defensive that the party doesn't take sides--at which point, I cut him off that I was concerned that the website was making the Ohio party look bad with such oversights by omitting an incumbent Republican Congressman who's particpated at all of the debates, etc. He thanked me and said they'd correct it.

torchbearer
08-06-2007, 02:14 PM
they have to know they are going to get rocked with communiques for excluding ron paul, this isn't first, second, or third time we've had to do this...

Roxi
08-06-2007, 03:06 PM
OK this is crap... hes not on the Tulsa gop site either but BARBARA BUSH GOT 2 EFFING VOTES???????? BULLLLLLL ugh.... anyway so our tulsa and OKC meetups are on this like white on rice but feel free to send over an email as well!

http://www.tulsagop.org/

brumans
08-06-2007, 03:11 PM
OK this is crap... hes not on the Tulsa gop site either but BARBARA BUSH GOT 2 EFFING VOTES???????? BULLLLLLL ugh.... anyway so our tulsa and OKC meetups are on this like white on rice but feel free to send over an email as well!

http://www.tulsagop.org/

That's just because no one voted for Ron Paul in that straw poll... it's not their fault.

Cjays
08-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Mine:

Hello-

My name is Carl J. from Berea, Ohio. I am a registered Republican writing to let you know that your web designer has mistakenly excluded Ron Paul from the list of candidates presented on your website (http://ohiogop.blogs.com/).

As I am sure this is an oversight on the part of either the designer or the person in charge of proofreading the site, I feel the problem can be rectified quite easily and justly.

By the way, Dr. Paul's website is http://www.ronpaul2008.com/. Please pass this on to the pertinent party.

Thank you for your time.

Carl J.
Berea, Ohio

scudiac
08-06-2007, 04:50 PM
email sent

Matt Collins
08-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Let's keep this at the top of the list, shall we?

Jennifer Reynolds
08-07-2007, 12:59 AM
///

jorger
08-07-2007, 01:05 AM
sent =)

michaelwise
08-07-2007, 01:11 AM
The letter I sent.

I here you are excluding Ron Paul as a presidential candidate. I don't need to tell you about his phenomenal success on the Internet and the strength of his grassroots campaign with 30,000 Meetup group volunteers, I'm sure that you guys are smart enough to have figured that out on your own. What I don't get is your shameful attempts at ignoring him as a presidential candidate, given his strength on the grassroots level. Perhaps this is why your state deserves to be in the economic mess it's in. Your lack of judgement and foresite is appalling. I will no longer be donating to your party. Have a good day

sickmint79
08-07-2007, 01:42 AM
bump

allyinoh
08-07-2007, 07:55 AM
I sent an e-mail and if need be, tomorrow is my day off and I will drive down to the GOP office and let them know in person. (and also give them a slim jim and free bumper sticker.. haha...)

I wish I was surprised but if they don't want to see my angry face in person, they better change it.

Sematary
08-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Is there a reason why you have excluded Ron Paul from your links section? It could easily be an error and if so, I sincerely hope you will correct it, but as a supporter of Ron Paul, I have to say that it is getting tiresome seeing the blatant attempts by the media and even the Republican party to marginalize his campaign and the man himself. Please put a link to his campaign in your links section. It would be much appreciated.

Be NICE people. You catch more flies with honey, and all of that.

DjLoTi
08-07-2007, 08:17 AM
Wow, this is awesome. Just think, though, if we didn't have any battles to fight, this wouldn't be nearly as fun.

Matt Collins
08-07-2007, 11:55 AM
LOTI - Did you get my PM?

jj111
08-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Keep the phone calls coming to them and above all be nice, polite, and don't assume they are doing this intentionally. Just point it out, and ask if it was intentional or not, and if not, will they correct it, and if so, what time frame should we expect for it to be corrected.

What would Ron do?

DisabledVet
08-07-2007, 12:04 PM
E-mailed and done... well have to keep an eye out for it to see if we have an effect.

disinter
08-07-2007, 12:13 PM
They still haven't fix it... after promising me yesterday that they would.

It is time to start leaving comments on the very blog that excludes him:

http://ohiogop.blogs.com/

specsaregood
08-07-2007, 12:20 PM
They still haven't fix it... after promising me yesterday that they would.

It is time to start leaving comments on the very blog that excludes him:

Except comments have to be approved. I posted one days ago; but it has not been approved.

squirrelbrewer
08-07-2007, 01:42 PM
A really nice person from our local GOP office, The Lucas County Republican office said that she left a message for the IT person yesterday. She also said that a teacher at one of the local junior high schools had just requested some info on the candidates, so she asked me if I could mail her some Ron Paul info. I thought that was pretty cool.

slantedview
08-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Ridiculous. Letter sent.

LibertyEagle
08-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Here is the phone number to call them:

Ohio Republican Party Headquarters

211 S. Fifth Street

Columbus, Ohio 43215

(614) 228-2481 phone

(614) 228-1093 fax

Matt Collins
08-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Bump again!

Matt Collins
08-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Is this the best we can do? Come on people!

allyinoh
08-08-2007, 08:43 AM
I'll have all of you know that I live in the Columbus area and today I am going to go down to 5th street and ask them in person.

They can ignore our e-mails and ignore our phone calls, but they can't ignore a person going into their office!

I will let you all know what happens but I think I am going to go in there and be very polite but stern and basically let them know that I'm not leaving until it's updated.. lol...

We'll see what happens!

disinter
08-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Still not there:

ChrisM
08-08-2007, 08:45 AM
What time today?

torchbearer
08-08-2007, 08:46 AM
I'll have all of you know that I live in the Columbus area and today I am going to go down to 5th street and ask them in person.

They can ignore our e-mails and ignore our phone calls, but they can't ignore a person going into their office!

I will let you all know what happens but I think I am going to go in there and be very polite but stern and basically let them know that I'm not leaving until it's updated.. lol...

We'll see what happens!

good luck! keep us posted!

Thom1776
08-08-2007, 08:47 AM

We'll see what happens!

Bring someone else with a video camera and ambush them Alex Jones-style!

ChrisM
08-08-2007, 08:47 AM
I'll meet you there if it's before I go to work...

allyinoh
08-08-2007, 09:00 AM
What time today?

I'm not really sure. I have a couple things to do... What time do you go to work?

angelatc
08-08-2007, 09:01 AM
THis is so typical Ohio-an. They really tend to just ignore their problems, and pretend they don't exist.

allyinoh
08-08-2007, 09:04 AM
THis is so typical Ohio-an. They really tend to just ignore their problems, and pretend they don't exist.

Tell me about it...

Matt Collins
08-08-2007, 10:48 AM
THis is so typical Ohio-an. They really tend to just ignore their problems, and pretend they don't exist.It's ok, the rest of the country ignores Ohio and pretends it doesn't exist :p

amberj
08-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Just sent my email to them. I think I was nice about it....

allyinoh
08-09-2007, 07:08 AM
Update...

I went up to the Ohio GOP office yesterday and spoke with the lady at the front desk. I told her that the reason I was there was to let them know that on their website they have links to the Republican Presidential candidates and they left one candidate off-Ron Paul.

The lady at the desk basically said she never looks at the site and she knows the lady who works on the site and she is home with three kids. (I guess that she's really busy???) She said that she was aware of Ron Paul and she watches the debates and wasn't sure why he'd be left off. I also mentioned that Fred Thompson was put on there but wasn't even a declared candidate.

I left my name, number, and e-mail address along with a Ron Paul slim jim I got at my local meetup group. She said that she would make sure this got resolved, but I don't know.

As of 9:08am est it still isn't on the site. But, hopefully it gets fixed.

Sematary
08-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Update...

I went up to the Ohio GOP office yesterday and spoke with the lady at the front desk. I told her that the reason I was there was to let them know that on their website they have links to the Republican Presidential candidates and they left one candidate off-Ron Paul.

The lady at the desk basically said she never looks at the site and she knows the lady who works on the site and she is home with three kids. (I guess that she's really busy???) She said that she was aware of Ron Paul and she watches the debates and wasn't sure why he'd be left off. I also mentioned that Fred Thompson was put on there but wasn't even a declared candidate.

I left my name, number, and e-mail address along with a Ron Paul slim jim I got at my local meetup group. She said that she would make sure this got resolved, but I don't know.

As of 9:08am est it still isn't on the site. But, hopefully it gets fixed.

I'd go back again.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-09-2007, 07:29 AM
I would ask for her address so that I could go to her house lol

joel
08-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Getting that person's address would probably rank as one of the worst ideas ever. Please reconsider, I hope you were joking.

angelatc
08-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Tell me about it...

I grew up on the West side. Went to Columbus West. Once I got out into the real big world somebody pointed that tidbit out to me and I have never ceased being amazed about how true it is.

Ohioans are really good at just not talking or acknowledging problems.

Bradley in DC
08-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Getting that person's address would probably rank as one of the worst ideas ever. Please reconsider, I hope you were joking.

Hi Joel,

Welcome to the forum. Good judgement on your part, but rest assured, the LOL stands for "laughing out loud" so, yes, it was a joke.

Richard in Austin
08-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Where is Ron Paul?

The only Republican candidate who stands for the Constitution seems to be missing from your website.

Why?

Richard

disinter
08-09-2007, 02:41 PM
STILL not there:

Givemelibertyor.....
08-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Sent an email saying that as a Republican, I am very sorry that the Ohio GOP has chosen to exclude Ron Paul.

Will be sending emails until these clowns fix it. :mad:

Akus
08-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Done

Matt Collins
08-10-2007, 08:36 PM
This is asinine :(

shrugged0106
08-10-2007, 08:44 PM
This is asinine :(

maybe it's time to spread the word? The bloggosphere can be full of this by morning if written right.

remaxjon
08-10-2007, 08:50 PM
don't we have bigger fish to fry right now

Matt Collins
08-10-2007, 10:51 PM
don't we have bigger fish to fry right nowAre you suggesting that we can't do more than one thing at a time, especially since some of us cannot attend Iowa?

allyinoh
08-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Personally, after I went down to the office, I felt like I did something good.

I am in Ohio, not Iowa. I can't do anything there at this moment in time, but if I can get the Ohio GOP to wake up, that translates to the people who support the GOP in Ohio. = Potentially more Ohio votes for Ron Paul.

I understand that the straw poll is important, but we can be doing other things as well...

Sean
08-11-2007, 09:04 AM
It only takes 5 seconds to make the change. Someone in Ohio should contact local media. Small media has nothing to do most of the time and some will jump on this to cover it.

squirrelbrewer
08-14-2007, 04:46 AM
Paul's link is up now.

muabhcirk
08-14-2007, 05:09 AM
Paul's link is up now.

Well, well. How nice of them to do that:)