PDA

View Full Version : McCain and Korea

FreedomGirl
01-31-2008, 12:26 PM
What exactly did McCain say to Dr. Paul about Korea? It sounded like he said that Eisenhower didn't end the Korean War. That's news to me! I thought the Korean War ended after Eisenhower was elected and had taken office.

Anyway, I didn't know why McCain attempted to "correct" Dr. Paul. The point Dr. Paul was making is that Republicans have always campaigned on keeping us out of wars or getting us out of them.

Did anyone else catch that? McCain is such a nasty manipulative liar! I just get ill when I think that he is going to be the party's nominee.

Sputnik
01-31-2008, 12:34 PM
McCain flat out lied or forgot.

coyote_sprit
01-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Dwight D. Eisenhower - Took office January 20, 1953
Korean War - Full-scale fighting until an armistice on July 27, 1953
John McCain - Went into an insane asylum January 19, 2009(I fucking hope so)

I get ill even hearing McCain speak. When he writes his biography it will be called "A Million Little Fabrications".

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Technically the Korean war is not over. Only armistice.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Dwight D. Eisenhower - Took office January 20, 1953
Korean War - Full-scale fighting until an armistice on July 27, 1953
John McCain - Went into an insane asylum January 19, 2009(I fucking hope so)

I get ill even hearing McCain speak. When he writes his biography it will be called "A Million Little Fabrications".

L
O
L

InPaulWeTrust
01-31-2008, 12:42 PM
McCan't completely forgot to check his HISTORY OF AMERICAN FOREIGN POLICY for Dummies book before the debate, it is clear amongst all historical sources that Dwight D Eisenhower ran on the "ANTI-WAR" platform which the likes of Nixon went campaigning around the country about for Ike. McCainnotwin is an official idiot.

Eponym_mi
01-31-2008, 12:43 PM
McCain was correct in the sense that Ike didn't get our troops out of Korea. They're still there today. However, Ike did end the war. It was a BS comment that had a little truth to it. However, it was probably successful in suggesting RP didn't know history.

coyote_sprit
01-31-2008, 12:43 PM
L
O
L

When we leave Korea when RP gets elected(I'm tired of seeing Koreans break into our bases, publicly rip our flag, and call our soldiers slaves) do you think peace will continue?:eek:

FreedomGirl
01-31-2008, 12:54 PM
Just viewed it again. (Thank goodness for you tube!)

McCain's exact quote was "By the way, President Eisenhower didn't bail us out of Korea."

Dr. Paul never said he did. Dr. Paul was commenting on Republican campaign platforms. And Eisenhower did campaign on ending the Korean war. And he did end it. Whether we should still have troops there 55 years later is what we should be discussing. And that's foreign policy and that's what Dr. Paul wants to discuss.

1953 was a different time. We were in the Cold War. Communism was a real threat. It wasn't this booga-booga War on Terrorism. But most improtant, our economy was thriving.

We can't afford to be the world's police! Bring our troops home. Let's put America first.

gaazn
01-31-2008, 01:07 PM
the presence of the u.s. military in south korea prevents the two koreas from reuniting.

huchahucha
01-31-2008, 01:07 PM
I did not watch the debate, so I have no idea what I'm commenting on. I just wanted to throw in that I have seen pundits on FOX News actually hold Korea up as a perfect model on what success in Iraq will look like. That is to say we need to keep the surge going for the next 50 years because "peace" is synonymous with "cease fire".

extrmmxer
01-31-2008, 01:10 PM
McWar has no idea what he's talking about. He sounded like a nut when he said Eisonhower. You notice his answer on immigration now. "secure the borders" but he never says what he's going to do with the 20 million that are here illegal. Start calling him McAmnesty. He thinks he can smoke screen the question with Secure the borders. I can't stand McWar-Amnesty. He's a fraud.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-31-2008, 01:16 PM
When we leave Korea when RP gets elected(I'm tired of seeing Koreans break into our bases, publicly rip our flag, and call our soldiers slaves) do you think peace will continue?:eek:

No not really. I know that Seoul is in range of much artillery and there are prophecies in Korea as to what will happen. I was not laughing about that situation.

surf
01-31-2008, 01:17 PM
from Lewrockwell.com blog:
Writes Mike Martin: "Did McCain say in response to Ron that Ike didn't run on promising to get us out of Korea? Well, here's a transcript of one of his campaign ads:

"'Announcer: Eisenhower answers America.

"'Man: General, the Democrats are telling me I never had it so good.

"'Eisenhower: Can that be true when America is billions in debt, and prices have doubled and taxes break our backs, and we are still fighting in Korea. It's tragic. And it's time for a change.'"

Great ad! It could be for Ron Paul.

Voluntaryist
01-31-2008, 01:35 PM
Looks like McCain needs a reading list too!

RonPaulFTFW
01-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Just viewed it again. (Thank goodness for you tube!)

McCain's exact quote was "By the way, President Eisenhower didn't bail us out of Korea."

Dr. Paul never said he did. Dr. Paul was commenting on Republican campaign platforms. And Eisenhower did campaign on ending the Korean war. And he did end it. Whether we should still have troops there 55 years later is what we should be discussing. And that's foreign policy and that's what Dr. Paul wants to discuss.

1953 was a different time. We were in the Cold War. Communism was a real threat. It wasn't this booga-booga War on Terrorism. But most improtant, our economy was thriving.

We can't afford to be the world's police! Bring our troops home. Let's put America first.

the cold war was a bit of a booga-booga thing. We need a great enemy to control people.