PDA

View Full Version : "As for Rep. Ron Paul of Texas..."

Richandler
01-31-2008, 12:21 PM
From the West County Times in California.

"As for Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, these Republicans said they like his commonsense apporach but called his policies too radical and say he seems to view the presidency as the job of a king."

This was in my local paper and it was the only paragraph that talked about Paul it a obsession fest with the other 3 and in particular Huckabee.

The people prove themselves time and time again to be very ignorant of everything.

This was a article about the debate BTW.

josephadel_3
01-31-2008, 12:26 PM
That is 100% insane. King? wtf? That's like an accusation a 13 year old makes up to attack the kid he's arguing with.

NoxTwilight
01-31-2008, 12:26 PM
You need to call that reporter and set him straight. Obviously he has no understanding of the facts and is NOT doing his readers any service. If he is a decent reporter he will listen, verify what you say and write about it.

Really incredible these people that call themselves journalists these days. What nerve. We have to call them on it especially at the local level where our voices are louder and we have more of a chance to be heard and making a difference.

Nyte
01-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Ron needs to stop using the word "Empire"

Small-minded imbeciles hear the word and don't put it in context.

pdavis
01-31-2008, 12:32 PM

"As for Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, these Republicans said they like his commonsense apporach but called his policies too radical and say he seems to view the presidency as the job of a king."

This was in my local paper and it was the only paragraph that talked about Paul it a obsession fest with the other 3 and in particular Huckabee.

The people prove themselves time and time again to be very ignorant of everything.

Are these people on crack? Maybe I am not reading the quote correctly (I failed 1 year of high school because of English) but are they implying that Ron Paul wants to be king or that a President should be a king?

freejack
01-31-2008, 12:34 PM
if you give us his email we'll do the rest.

bucfish
01-31-2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah an email address would be nice

PhillyEagles11
01-31-2008, 12:36 PM
So Paul wanting LESS power in the presidency makes him a king? Ignorance is an awfully tall wall to overcome.

specsaregood
01-31-2008, 12:42 PM
Its sad that the only guy that says "It is NOT the job of the President to.....insert lots of stuff..." is misunderstood like that.

Edit: or it is intentional. hrm....

Richandler
01-31-2008, 12:46 PM
Bare in mind I believe this is from a focus group of sorts the "reporter" worked with. Although it was not actually quoted or implied that someone said it.

This article was written by Lisa Vorderbrueggen and her email address if you please is: lvorderbrueggen@bayareanewsgroup.com

josephadel_3
01-31-2008, 12:47 PM
Ron needs to stop using the word "Empire"

Small-minded imbeciles hear the word and don't put it in context.

I thought it was good that he used that word. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I think most people watching the debates aren't small minded imbeciles. The idiots are watching Rock of Love on VH1.

When he says empire, it becomes obvious we are just trying to police the world. I think most people can make that connection, because RP usually says "police the world" when he mentions "empire."

mconder
01-31-2008, 12:51 PM
"but called his policies too radical and say he seems to view the presidency as the job of a king."

What the freaking hell is this? Are we talking about the same Ron Paul that wants to eliminate the Patriot Act, restore Habeus Corpus, would not abuse the executive order, would not over rule the bills that come to his desk through the use of Presidential Signing Statements? Seriously...WTF is this crap!!!????

mjp1025
01-31-2008, 12:54 PM
It IS an empire...and it's on the verge of collapse.

Voluntaryist
01-31-2008, 01:42 PM
Stupid paperboy:

"OMG RON PAUL DOESNT WANT TO RUN AN EMPIRE! OMG RON PAUL WANTS TO OPEN UP THE FREE MARKETS! WHAT A TYRANT WAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! HES TOO RADICAL!"

crazyfingers
01-31-2008, 03:39 PM
I was in a conveinence store earlier today and overheard two people talking about who they were going to vote for in the upcoming primary. When asked the first guy said he was voting for John McCain...at this point I interjected and said "You really should look into Ron Paul" and his reply to me was "I'm not voting for a liberal." WTF? This from a McCain supporter of all things. I tried to set him straight but it just goes to show how clueless most people are.

Richandler
01-31-2008, 06:10 PM
To me this spells out how important our fight against the media is as much as fighting the other candidates.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-31-2008, 06:15 PM

This was a article about the debate BTW.

That's INSANE! AYE!

driller80545
01-31-2008, 06:16 PM
You can't fix stupid!

bcreps85
01-31-2008, 07:38 PM
Kings like power...and he's the only candidate wanting to relinquish power back onto the PEOPLE. Whoever said this should DIAF.

blakjak
01-31-2008, 07:39 PM
c'mon guys, don't you know by now... constitution = radical

CrownThyGood
01-31-2008, 07:44 PM
hillay clinton - "i wanna run the government" - queen hillary -- :eek:PukE!:eek:

Iconoclast777
01-31-2008, 07:44 PM
that really angers me...

he has in no way implied the presidency is a king's job...

actually, he said the opposite, but i guess she wasnt listening...

WilliamC
01-31-2008, 07:46 PM
I swear too many of those brainwashed by the MSM and poor public schooling actually have some sort of dyslexia where they hear the exact opposite of what is said.

Why else would McCain be getting the anit-war vote and Ron Paul be compared to a king?

It's like people hear 1 out of every 5 words someone says and base their thinking on what they had for breakfast that morning.

Sunshinysmile
01-31-2008, 07:48 PM
No, he thinks that we worship Ron Paul like a king because we show up with the Fife and Drum in uniform! We know the message rote! We trust our candidate to be the way he has always been! I can't wait to see the Ron Paul supporters and delegates show out at the convention!!!! Suppose the gun lovers show up with their MUSKETS!!!!!!!!

I love this revolution!!

RSLudlum
01-31-2008, 07:51 PM
I thought the Ghoul was the only one running for King of the United States?

Goldwater Conservative
01-31-2008, 07:58 PM
Romney: "I want to run the economy."
McCain: "I want Jack Kemp to run the economy while I start more wars."
Huckabee: "I want to make laws according to the Bible."
Paul: "I want to let you live your lives."

Seriously, I don't see how even the most totally uneducated buffoon could misinterpret that.