PDA

View Full Version : Youtube suggestion for movie makers...

affa
01-31-2008, 12:02 PM
Stop putting Ron Paul in all your titles. Sure, that gets lots of viewers... but mostly just from the already converted. You can still get your view count up just by posting links on this forum and a few other sites.

But I'm sure lots of people on youtube skip over the stuff with Ron Paul in the title. We've blanketed Youtube for months... and I KNOW it works, because that's how I discovered Ron Paul.

But we need more videos that don't have his name in the title. That don't have his picture in the screen capture. The kind where you click on it because it's high ranked (thanks to us) and you're a minute in before you discover it's about Ron Paul.

Redcard
01-31-2008, 12:07 PM
What we REALLY need are answers that are more than just:
-------------------
"Steps to cure our country and save the WORLD!"

1. Elect Ron Paul.

The End.
-----------------

We need to start acting like there are other people capable of doing good in this world.

affa
01-31-2008, 12:12 PM
We need to start acting like there are other people capable of doing good in this world.

Huh? What does this have to do with my post. Nothing. But I guess if you're going to break 1000 posts in a month then you need not care about such things.

Redcard
01-31-2008, 12:17 PM
Huh? What does this have to do with my post. Nothing. But I guess if you're going to break 1000 posts in a month then you need not care about such things.

It has to do with the fact that people don't like single point messages.

Look, Gold Standard. Great idea.

But Ron Paul can't do it alone. He needs the help of congress people. He needs the support of businesses.

Most Ron Paul videos out there can be summarized one of two ways:

"See this problem. Ron Paul is the only one who can fix it. Vote Ron Paul."

or

"See this guy? He sucks. Ron Paul doesn't. Vote Ron Paul."

That's not persuasive. It's mental masteurbation for Ron Paul fans, and it makes people in the camp all misty eyed, but it doesn't get the people who make differences in elections. It doesn't get the old people. It doesn't get the Christian Right.

So, be more persuasive. Because along with "not putting Ron Paul in the title" should be "Have something worthwhile to say."

People only have so much time in their lives. The more and more you waste it with either of those two types of videos that don't really go into answers, the less and less likely they are to hear your message.

affa
01-31-2008, 12:20 PM
It has to do with the fact that people don't like single point messages.

Understood, but you effectively hijacked the point of my post. You're talking about content, which I agree needs to be discussed. But this thread was about getting the right people to watch it: people that aren't already familiar with Ron Paul. Even people that are currently 'turned off' to Ron Paul due to media bias.

And putting 'Ron Paul' in the title doesn't do that. In fact, it lets people know what NOT to watch.

A perfect example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyqM9ABm7L4

Just call it: "The American Dream". It doesn't kick in to being a 'Ron Paul' advert until people are already sucked in to watching it.