PDA

View Full Version : Reuters: "Paul stresses he is still part of Rebulican race"

dvictr
01-31-2008, 12:01 PM
http://blogs.reuters.com/trail08/2008/01/30/huckabee-paul-stress-they-are-part-of-republican-race/

Paul, who has not won any of the early primary contests but still has raised millions of dollars from supporters, was not able to detail his credentials. “I would like to take one minute, since I didn’t get a chance to answer this discussion on conservative versus liberal,” he said.

Moderator Anderson Cooper promised him he would have an opportunity later. But it never came.

beachmaster
01-31-2008, 12:08 PM
http://blogs.reuters.com/trail08/2008/01/30/huckabee-paul-stress-they-are-part-of-republican-race/

Quote:
Paul, who has not won any of the early primary contests but still has raised millions of dollars from supporters, was not able to detail his credentials. “I would like to take one minute, since I didn’t get a chance to answer this discussion on conservative versus liberal,” he said.

Moderator Anderson Cooper promised him he would have an opportunity later. But it never came.
That's because Anderson Cooper is a liar. He never intended to let Paul discuss that topic as was obvious, and so he lied, and America witnessed his lie.

He has no shame about it I'm quite sure. He has sold his soul.

Dr.3D
01-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Yeah, Anderson needs a big boot right in the butt!

beachmaster
01-31-2008, 12:23 PM

Yeah, Anderson needs a big boot right in the butt!

They all do (MSM/NWO shills). I'm about to start going newsless. If what they are all vomiting out is news, I don't need it and don't want it. Let the sheep suck up the vomit. I'm out.

Just Come Home
01-31-2008, 12:26 PM
Dr. Paul isn't being assertive enough. He needed to interrupt Anderson the very second that he got skipped over and Anderson threw the question at Huckabee...

"Why did you just skip me? Aren't we going down the line here? I can't understand why you'd just hop right over me and throw the question past me to Mike here. Our campaign is working just as hard as anyone on this stage, and we expect to be treated with the respect that a presidential candidate deserves in a Republican democracy."

Instead, he just sat there and took it.

beachmaster
01-31-2008, 12:44 PM
Dr. Paul isn't being assertive enough. He needed to interrupt Anderson the very second that he got skipped over and Anderson threw the question at Huckabee...

"Why did you just skip me? Aren't we going down the line here? I can't understand why you'd just hop right over me and throw the question past me to Mike here. Our campaign is working just as hard as anyone on this stage, and we expect to be treated with the respect that a presidential candidate deserves in a Republican democracy."

Instead, he just sat there and took it.

I know.. that really hurt, to see 72 year old Ron Paul get spanked by a little snot nosed boy, and just take it. I was hoping that on the next question (what, like 30 minutes later?), Dr. Paul would have STARTED his answer by saying... "Yes, I'll get to that later Anderson, but first I want to go back to our debate some half hour about about these liberal opponents of mine and my impeccable track record of conservatism... I promise I'll get to your question soon Anderson...".

But nope. Nada. Sit there like a little puppy... it really pissed me off to no end. However, I was with Dr. Paul in 88 and I'm staying with him until the very bitter end, no matter what. I just wish he would assert himself like a president would. I'm clinging to the hope that he will do that once it's down to just him and McCain.

(Eat me anyone who thinks we are trolls for telling it like it is... just wanted to get that out of the way. lol).

beachmaster
01-31-2008, 12:46 PM
If only the Doctor would be like he was when HE was the spanker, giving it to Bernanke several weeks ago in the congressional hearings! THAT'S what we need now!

NinjaPirate
01-31-2008, 12:49 PM
Reading the comments about the article, it looks like it turned a lot of people off, and they noticed the bias the MSM is imposing on us.

Quote from a comment:

Last night the debate was the MCCain,Romney show.What about the people who want to hear Huckabee&Paul.Huckabee & Paul are very much alive and people want to hear them. Not MCCain & Romney brag about what past accomplishments they have,we hear it everytime.Is the media afraid Huckabee is going to give the others a real debate? My 15 year old daughter ask why dont they let Huckabee & Paul speak ? so if children can see this why cant the media? That was no debate is a dog & pony show.

There were several comments saying that because of this debate that they are no longer supporting McCain and coverting to either Paul or Huckabee...well, most of the converts said they were going for Paul. :D

MrsG
01-31-2008, 12:51 PM
Did Anderson have control over the microphones?
I thought they only turned them on when they were allowed to speak :confused:

Ex Post Facto
01-31-2008, 01:33 PM
Someone commented here in that blog:

Cagey B says:
January 31st, 2008 at 12:40 pm GMT
Before last night’s “debate”, I considered myself a Huckabee supporter. Now I’ve seen seen what a whiner the guy is. He got considerably more time than Ron Paul, who dealt with an obvious disdain for his candidacy with a stoic maturity I found both refreshing and impressive.
Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find much about his positions in any print media. This led me to the internet, where I finally saw what folks were saying about the “online Phenom”.
I have switched my allegiance, realigning myself with the GOP I grew up with. That party is represented by Ron Paul.
The debate was a miserable letdown as far as informing me about the candidates goes, but it definitely opened my eyes to what the media is all about.

Sey.Naci
01-31-2008, 02:30 PM

Cagey B says:
Before last night’s “debate”, I considered myself a Huckabee supporter. Now I’ve seen seen what a whiner the guy is. He got considerably more time than Ron Paul, who dealt with an obvious disdain for his candidacy with a stoic maturity I found both refreshing and impressive.
Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find much about his positions in any print media. This led me to the internet, where I finally saw what folks were saying about the “online Phenom”.
I have switched my allegiance, realigning myself with the GOP I grew up with. That party is represented by Ron Paul.
The debate was a miserable letdown as far as informing me about the candidates goes, but it definitely opened my eyes to what the media is all about.Wow. Just goes to show that the blatant bias toward RP and RP's class act were a dynamite combo.

slantedview
01-31-2008, 02:57 PM

Cagey B says:
The debate was a miserable letdown as far as informing me about the candidates goes, but it definitely opened my eyes to what the media is all about.

ron is so modest. a total class act.

raiha
01-31-2008, 04:01 PM
What is the most reputable television channel in US? Is it PBS? Why don't journalists with intergrity (are there any over there?) band together in the name of democracy and demand a fair debate? Why are people like Bill Moyers etc not jumping up and down and being vocal about this deplorable state of affairs? Where is FAIR?? :confused:

www.fair.org/index.php?

sirachman
01-31-2008, 06:29 PM
there really isnt one. why i dont know.. yes it is very sad but everything is biased in one direction or another, and i bet if you searched deeply you would find that most channels worldwide have their deep rooted interests and run certain stories more than others. But who knows, i guess things wont change until either the internet takes over media to a higher degree or someone who is trustworthy and supports liberty succeeds in setting up their own cable news channel.

Deborah K
01-31-2008, 06:39 PM
I know.. that really hurt, to see 72 year old Ron Paul get spanked by a little snot nosed boy, and just take it. I was hoping that on the next question (what, like 30 minutes later?), Dr. Paul would have STARTED his answer by saying... "Yes, I'll get to that later Anderson, but first I want to go back to our debate some half hour about about these liberal opponents of mine and my impeccable track record of conservatism... I promise I'll get to your question soon Anderson...".

But nope. Nada. Sit there like a little puppy... it really pissed me off to no end. However, I was with Dr. Paul in 88 and I'm staying with him until the very bitter end, no matter what. I just wish he would assert himself like a president would. I'm clinging to the hope that he will do that once it's down to just him and McCain.

(Eat me anyone who thinks we are trolls for telling it like it is... just wanted to get that out of the way. lol).

Ron Paul is not a sniveling whiner like Huckabee. He knows that no matter what he would have said, it would only have been later taken out of context to make him look like a bitter old man. He did the right thing by preserving his integrity and letting the fools have their say. His presence IS having an effect subliminally if nothing else. Haven't you noticed how his message is permeating the discussion?

beachmaster
01-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Ron Paul is not a sniveling whiner like Huckabee. He knows that no matter what he would have said, it would only have been later taken out of context to make him look like a bitter old man. He did the right thing by preserving his integrity and letting the fools have their say. His presence IS having an effect subliminally if nothing else. Haven't you noticed how his message is permeating the discussion?

Yes, I understand that, and that is a valid point. Nevertheless, it would have been nice if when his turn came back around, he would have held Anderson's feet (and his promise) to the fire by prefacing his answer with "First I am going to cover the liberal/conservative thing Anderson, then I will get to your next question". He could have done that presidentially without any whining.

But no use crying over spilt milk. Tomorrow's another day.