PDA

View Full Version : Okay, what about this?

BillyDkid
01-31-2008, 12:01 PM
There is a time to fight and there is a time to lay back. There is a time step up or to accept defeat. We can talk the talk or we can walk the walk. My feeling is that it is time to take a serious stand. If create this petition will you join me? Do you believe in this truly or not? This should have been done long ago. I only hope it is not too late. You know as well as I do that the media takes its cues and follows the wishes of the major parties. It is time to fight back. Please join me. There are many thousands of us and we act like we are nobody. You either want to fight to restore this country and you either truly believe in the message of liberty or you don't.

To The National Republican Committee:

Let it be known that if the National Republican Party continues to condone, sanction, endorse, participate in or even passively accept the unfair treatment, marginalization and censorship of certain GOP candidates for the Presidency by the media at large that we the undersigned will do everything within our power to ensure a GOP defeat across the board next November. Furthermore, it is our expectation that the GOP will make it their agenda to insist and promote fair and equal treatment by the media of all legitimate GOP Presidential contenders.

Additionally, as Republican Party members we will collectively all resign our membership in the Republican Party unless the party makes it their business to ensure that the views of all GOP Presidential get a fair hearing in the media and before the public in order that all Americans are allowed to make an informed decision when choosing the candidate to represent them as the GOP nominee.

All we ever asked for from the beginning was a fair hearing of the views of all candidates and now we must exert our considerable influence to compel you to make it so. You will argue that the media at large is independent of the GOP. However, we are informed enough to know that the media adopts the agenda of the two major parties. It is well and widely known that the GOP has had an agenda of marginalizing and ostracizing Ron Paul and preventing the American people from hearing his message without distortion and filtering by the media and the powers that be in the GOP. I can assure you that this will stop now, because if it doesn't, you can be assured of defeat in November and all the energy and money we have put into Dr. Paul's campaign will be directed toward defeating the GOP. Sincerely, we the undersigned

BillyDkid
01-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Are you kidding me? What the hell is wrong with you people? Have plants and trolls completely taken over this forum?

BillyDkid
01-31-2008, 12:09 PM
I'll keep bumping this all day if I have to. Do you want to fight or do you want to roll over?

MsDoodahs
01-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Bump.

:d

WilliamC
01-31-2008, 12:12 PM
I think I'll wait and see what Ron Paul does.

BillyDkid
01-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Okay, fine. Lets roll up the tents and let the owners of this country keep it. All governments always have served the interests of the powerful. No reason to change that, right. I remember all this talk in here about how dedicated people were and how they would leave this country if we didn't win and now look. I guess we have our McDonalds and our cable TV and our American Idol and the rest of the scraps from the table and that is good enough. How many thousands have died fighting for the founding of this country and the liberty it was supposed to represent. It should be obvious that the only way we can hope to restore liberty in this country is fight for it and go outside of the lines - and nobody is willing to join me in this, to fight against those who hate liberty?

BillyDkid
01-31-2008, 12:17 PM
I think I'll wait and see what Ron Paul does.This is not about Ron Paul. It is about us and the right of the American people to freely choose their leaders and deciding for themselves - which they can not do if they are prevented from hearing all voices.

BillyDkid
01-31-2008, 12:37 PM
I just can't believe this. What happened to you guys? What is wrong with you?

davidfarrar
01-31-2008, 12:40 PM
There is a time to fight and there is a time to lay back. There is a time step up or to accept defeat. We can talk the talk or we can walk the walk. My feeling is that it is time to take a serious stand. If create this petition will you join me? Do you believe in this truly or not? This should have been done long ago. I only hope it is not too late. You know as well as I do that the media takes its cues and follows the wishes of the major parties. It is time to fight back. Please join me. There are many thousands of us and we act like we are nobody. You either want to fight to restore this country and you either truly believe in the message of liberty or you don't.

To The National Republican Committee:

Let it be known that if the National Republican Party continues to condone, sanction, endorse, participate in or even passively accept the unfair treatment, marginalization and censorship of certain GOP candidates for the Presidency by the media at large that we the undersigned will do everything within our power to ensure a GOP defeat across the board next November. Furthermore, it is our expectation that the GOP will make it their agenda to insist and promote fair and equal treatment by the media of all legitimate GOP Presidential contenders.

Additionally, as Republican Party members we will collectively all resign our membership in the Republican Party unless the party makes it their business to ensure that the views of all GOP Presidential get a fair hearing in the media and before the public in order that all Americans are allowed to make an informed decision when choosing the candidate to represent them as the GOP nominee.

All we ever asked for from the beginning was a fair hearing of the views of all candidates and now we must exert our considerable influence to compel you to make it so. You will argue that the media at large is independent of the GOP. However, we are informed enough to know that the media adopts the agenda of the two major parties. It is well and widely known that the GOP has had an agenda of marginalizing and ostracizing Ron Paul and preventing the American people from hearing his message without distortion and filtering by the media and the powers that be in the GOP. I can assure you that this will stop now, because if it doesn't, you can be assured of defeat in November and all the energy and money we have put into Dr. Paul's campaign will be directed toward defeating the GOP. Sincerely, we the undersigned

How much harm can the resignation of the four or five actual registered Republicans on this forum do?

Let's face it, practically all of you people have never, ever been remotely interested in Republican ideals of the Republican Party.

Most, if not all, of you supported another party's candidate for President in the last general election, and will probably do so again if Ron Paul doesn't get nominated.

Beside Ron Paul, and a few others, most of Ron Paul's, so-called, supporters have no interest in strengthening his message in the Republican Party, could care less about strengthening his message in the Party...and you wonder why Republicans don't pay attention to you....

grizzums
01-31-2008, 12:41 PM
I am not exactly certain what you are doing? Are you going to create some kind of online petition? Or pledge?

I can say that if Ron Paul does not get the nomination then I will do whatever I can to defeat the old GOP in the presidential election because they are simply no longer conservatives. There isn't a damn bit of difference between the establishment two parties. I will do a RP write in or a dem protest vote as much as ill hate it. I will no longer ever support any sort of "semi conservatives".

I will however continue to vote for and support ron paul republicans from the bottom up as long as they have a clear record to prove it or are just beginning their political aspirations while running on pauls platform.

Honestly, I do not have the time nor ambition to do more to get involved in the party in order to take it back except lending financial support to individual candidates and helping to spread the word of old conservatism and their leaders/speakers by word of mouth.

RickyJ
01-31-2008, 12:43 PM
I just can't believe this. What happened to you guys? What is wrong with you?

You don't get it do you. The other republican candidates would laugh at your threat. They don't care. There is only ONE party and the winner has already been chosen and it is not a Republican. All Republican candidates in the race right now, except Ron Paul, are just putting on a show. Democracy in the USA is just an illusion, there is no democracy in the USA.

davidfarrar
01-31-2008, 12:46 PM
This is not about Ron Paul. It is about us and the right of the American people to freely choose their leaders and deciding for themselves - which they can not do if they are prevented from hearing all voices.

I realize, of course, this post and all of its messages are going to be swiftly moved to the hinterlands of the libertyforest, but before they do, let me just take the opportunity to thank you Billy...I admire your candor. Believe you me, in this forum it is refreshing. You have finally voiced why Dr. Paul's message isn't being heard in Republican circles ..."This is not about Ron Paul. It is about us"...

Again, I would like to ask you for your permission to spread the wisdom of your post around to different conservative forums. I mean, why should this forum be the sole beneficiary of your wisdom?

BillyDkid
01-31-2008, 12:47 PM
You are right. I don't get it. If this is all futile, if you are giving up then what are you even doing in here? What on earth is anybody even giving any money for? Why are we going through the motions? Is that how you all feel? Then what are you doing in here? If all that you say is true, then what has been the point of any of this? It is either me or you who doesn't get it and if it's me, then God help us.

LibertyEagle
01-31-2008, 12:50 PM
I agree with you, Billy.

Unfortunately, there seem to be a lot more talkers on this board now, than there are doers. Some of us are good at sign-waving or chanting for an hour or two, but when it comes to good 'ol fashioned hard work, such as canvassing, there are few takers. Even now, I am trying to get people to spend a whole 10-15 minutes to send a cut-and-paste message to 25 meetup groups about the fundraiser tomorrow and a total of TWO people have stepped up to help. TWO.

BillyDkid
01-31-2008, 12:54 PM
Thank you Billy...I admire your candor. Believe you me, in this forum it is refreshing. You have finally voiced why Dr. Paul's message isn't being heard in Republican circles ..."This is not about Ron Paul. It is about us"...

Again, I would like to ask you for your permission to spread the wisdom of your post around to different conservative forums. I mean, why should this forum be the sole beneficiary of your wisdom?
I'm afraid I don't understand your post. I am saying - yes, Dr. Paul's message is important and must be heard, but it is important because it is our message the message of the people. Dr. Paul is about liberty. Liberty is not about Dr. Paul and he would be the first to say so. I think it is still worth fighting for and that is why I think Dr. Paul's voice is worth fighting for. It's not a cult of personality - it's about the message. I don't know what happened. Did the debate last night just crush everyone? Good God, we came in second in Nevada and in, where, LA - I can't remember. And we did that with the media virtually ignoring us. Those of you who think we can't win and will not fight for us to win in every way we can - I can't imagine why you are even here. The only way we can win is to get some semblance of honest and fair treatment by the media. I don't know any other way to do but to put pressure on the people who hold the strings. Do you really think the GOP will be happy to settle for certain defeat? Do you really think they are so afraid of the message of liberty they will choose certain defeat? Which we can give them if we choose to. That is our only leverage. Why the hell on earth not use it? I believe Dr. Paul and this election is the only chance we will ever have to restore some semblance of liberty to this country and I will do whatever it takes to help that happen.

EndTheFed
01-31-2008, 01:04 PM
How much harm can the resignation of the four or five actual registered Republicans on this forum do?

Let's face it, practically all of you people have never, ever been remotely interested in Republican ideals of the Republican Party.

For the record I am a LIFE LONG Republican, Supported George Bush (Both times), A super supporter of talk radio and Sean Hannity. I listen to Sean the first day on talk radio in Huntsville, AL. And on top of all this I have known about the Fed, The Tax issues, the CFR and the rest BUT what turns people away from thios stuff is when people start talking about George Bush being a reptilian...

We need to be careful who we ailanate. The BEST thing I see about the revolution so far is the diversity of people in this movement.

BTW, I have lost complete respect for Sean and FOX news through this election process. I am now an avid CNN watcher... They seem to be some what better now.

davidfarrar
01-31-2008, 01:09 PM
I am not exactly certain what you are doing? Are you going to create some kind of online petition? Or pledge?

I can say that if Ron Paul does not get the nomination then I will do whatever I can to defeat the old GOP in the presidential election because they are simply no longer conservatives. There isn't a damn bit of difference between the establishment two parties. I will do a RP write in or a dem protest vote as much as ill hate it. I will no longer ever support any sort of "semi conservatives".

I will however continue to vote for and support ron paul republicans from the bottom up as long as they have a clear record to prove it or are just beginning their political aspirations while running on pauls platform.

Honestly, I do not have the time nor ambition to do more to get involved in the party in order to take it back except lending financial support to individual candidates and helping to spread the word of old conservatism and their leaders/speakers by word of mouth.

Well, sir; I appreciate those words.

But you can do one other thing to help with the "Ron Paul-Republicans... and that is to help me persuade these nice people that they can still make a difference. They can register as Republicans and place their names on the ballot for Executive Committee seat in their local parties. It is through this action we can strengthen Dr. Paul's message within the Party and perhaps, just perhaps, save it from the demise you so earnestly fear.

Keep the REVOLUTION ALIVE!!!

davidfarrar
01-31-2008, 01:12 PM
For the record I am a LIFE LONG Republican, Supported George Bush (Both times), A super supporter of talk radio and Sean Hannity. I listen to Sean the first day on talk radio in Huntsville, AL. And on top of all this I have known about the Fed, The Tax issues, the CFR and the rest BUT what turns people away from thios stuff is when people start talking about George Bush being a reptilian...

We need to be careful who we alienate. The BEST thing I see about the revolution so far is the diversity of people in this movement.

BTW, I have lost complete respect for Sean and FOX news through this election process. I am now an avid CNN watcher... They seem to be some what better now.

Okay. I apologise to you, sir, if I have offended you.

But you tell me, how many of Ron Paul supporters here on this forum do you think are going to support the Republican Presidential nominee if Ron Paul is not nominated by HIS Party?

Andrew76
01-31-2008, 01:14 PM
Not a bad idea, though, to play devil's advocate, ... I'm not sure how the nat'l GOP folks will take to being threatened, ie: we will do so and so if you do not give us what we want! Then again, I can't say I disagree with you. To hell with em.

Furthermore, to those who'd say, "Let's face it, practically all of you people have never, ever been remotely interested in Republican ideals of the Republican Party.
Most, if not all, of you supported another party's candidate for President in the last general election, and will probably do so again if Ron Paul doesn't get nominated."

Uh, and?.... So what if some people do? Not only that, but this kind of talk completely negates the fact that Ron Paul ALONE has turned people around on many many issues, making new converts everyday. The GOP should be kissing his *ss, and annointing his feet with oil! No one else has brought such new blood to the GOP.

BillyD, why not set up a very simple site, with a tightly/tartly worded version of the original paragraph you listed, and an online signature portion, where viewers could sign on, ie: full names, email, zipcode, to support the petition. Then, we send it five hundred times to the RNC, and whoever else should deserve to get it. I'd sign it.

I completely agree with you though. I can't understand why the GOP would stand on the sidelines while one of their own is getting so blatantly shafted by the msm. Screw that, why aren't the other candidates speaking up? If they had any class at all, they'd say something about it. Snakes, every last one of them. Don't they realize that it could be them, if they were saying things that someone decided was unpopular?

The GOP should absolutely get behind all candidates, for the survival of the GOP and declare that all candidates get equal time in debates. You can't do much about whether or not somoene's writing about Ron Paul or not, or not giving him enough attention on the evening news. What are you gonna do, pass a law? No. But, in the debates, the GOP could announce: All our candidates will recieve equal questions and equal time to answer them. Who gets asked the first and last question will be decided by chance. These are our terms, if not, none of our candidates will attend your debate.

Bottom line: I guaruntee you that if it was Ron Paul, Huckabee and say,... Alan Keyes getting the vast majority of question/answer time, the GOP would be ablaze in anger, and you can imagine the top-down roar of "Why are you purposely excluding Rudy McRomneyson from the debate questions?! You're trying to control the outcome of the election, you liberal media hacks!" I'd bet my own eyeballs on it.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
01-31-2008, 01:32 PM
Life long republican here. I remember watching Rush's short lived TV show.

The problem with your petition is that the GOP cant control the Media. Feel good that the NH gop pulled its sponsorship of the Fox Forum before the NH primary. And the GOP, i think, does know about the potential threat of a RP third party run and its effect. But they also have Rush Limbaugh and his 10 million or so listeners threatening to sit out the Nov. election if McCain (or Huck) is nominated. So, they are feeling pressure on all sides. I think its best to stay in the GOP, and amass delegates. Go to the brokered convention.

davidfarrar
01-31-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm afraid I don't understand your post. I am saying - yes, Dr. Paul's message is important and must be heard, but it is important because it is our message the message of the people. Dr. Paul is about liberty. Liberty is not about Dr. Paul and he would be the first to say so. I think it is still worth fighting for and that is why I think Dr. Paul's voice is worth fighting for. It's not a cult of personality - it's about the message. I don't know what happened. Did the debate last night just crush everyone? Good God, we came in second in Nevada and in, where, LA - I can't remember. And we did that with the media virtually ignoring us. Those of you who think we can't win and will not fight for us to win in every way we can - I can't imagine why you are even here. The only way we can win is to get some semblance of honest and fair treatment by the media. I don't know any other way to do but to put pressure on the people who hold the strings. Do you really think the GOP will be happy to settle for certain defeat? Do you really think they are so afraid of the message of liberty they will choose certain defeat? Which we can give them if we choose to. That is our only leverage. Why the hell on earth not use it? I believe Dr. Paul and this election is the only chance we will ever have to restore some semblance of liberty to this country and I will do whatever it takes to help that happen.

Look, only the people can decide which message is important to them, and when. And yes, to you and to me, Dr. Paul's message is important and it should be important to the people. So why hasn't it been heard? Well, I am sure there are plenty of reasons why, but I can't help but think, especially reading the posts here, Dr. Paul's message has been hijacked by others with different agendas than Dr. Paul's.

I see most people here trying to masquerade as conservative Republicans, when they, themselves, are probably not even registered as Republicans.

But rather than speculate on this point, let me just ask you this simple question: If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination for President from the Republican Party, as a Republican, will you still vote for the Republican Party's Presidential nominee?

WilliamC
01-31-2008, 04:07 PM
This is not about Ron Paul. It is about us and the right of the American people to freely choose their leaders and deciding for themselves - which they can not do if they are prevented from hearing all voices.

If Ron Paul decides to run as an independent I will definitely support him. If he decides to remain in the GOP and try to bring it back to it's Conservative roots I will support him by supporting specific Republican candidates he endorses. I doubt he will endorse McCain or Romney if they get the GOP nomination, but if he does I will not support them.

For now, I'll wait and see what Ron Paul does. He's been consistent on the Constitution for 30 years, I don't think he's going to change now. I trust he has a better feel for the right strategy to use to get the USA back to following it than I.

Ron Paul Republicans may yet take over the GOP just as the evangelicals did in the 80's or the neocons in the 90's.

I think at the State and local levels there are still many good Constitutionalists left in the GOP.