PDA

View Full Version : Montel rocks the boat, gets fired from Fox

Lucid American
01-31-2008, 11:23 AM
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/1/31/23326/1083/699/446791

josh24601
01-31-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm not a big fan of Montell, he exploits messed up people daily for ratings and has a very shady past, and does it all with an air of righteousness that is pretty contrived.

But, whether he did this stunt for his own publicity or whether it was actually genuine.....

It was a great, great thing. Amen Montell!

Redcard
01-31-2008, 11:40 AM
His show is all fake anyway.

I remember when a friend of mine got on with a complete BS story. They actually called him on it, and he said "Yeah, I made it up, I just wanted the money."

So they said "Okay, well, if it's convincing, we'll still go with it." They gave him acting lessons, helped him , rewrote some of his "lines", and then presented it as though it were real.

My friend found out after the fact that this is pretty commonplace for Montel, Oprah, Dr. Phil, etc.

lvp1138
01-31-2008, 11:40 AM
I applaud Montell. This is the same thing I say every day. There's terrible things going on in this country and around the world. And these people waste hours a day talking about Spears latest lunatic moment, the latest actor/actress DUI, etc.

You go to a supermarket and what kind of magazines do you see? Dumb magazines. How many times do you see Newsweek, Scientific American, Popular Science, by the cash register? Exactly. They are filled with tabloids, the latest "10 things that makes him/her hot" kind of magazine, etc.

sigh.

ok. Venting over :)

FSP-Rebel
01-31-2008, 11:43 AM
If Montel gave f**k about the war, we know who he'd be supporting right now.

JordanQ72
01-31-2008, 11:43 AM
His contract has been on the line for months, why are we even linking to kosling crap around here?

DirtMcGirt
01-31-2008, 11:45 AM
+1

davidfarrar
01-31-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm not a big fan of Montell, he exploits messed up people daily for ratings and has a very shady past, and does it all with an air of righteousness that is pretty contrived.

But, whether he did this stunt for his own publicity or whether it was actually genuine.....

It was a great, great thing. Amen Montell!

I was about to warn you, Josh, you had better watch it or they will shift your post to the hinderlands of liberty forest.com if you get too crticial of Ron Paul at ronpaullforums.com...but I guess I was too late.

FortWorth38
01-31-2008, 11:48 AM
HHUMMM Spoke Up For What He Feels Is Important...Great Heart & Passion
Gets Fired...
He needs to be a part of Ron Paul Grassroots!!!
In Fact White House Press 2009

Someone get Montell on the Phone Today

Lucid American
01-31-2008, 11:55 AM
Sorry I posted here . . . couldn't find the "Hot Topics" forum anymore.

I'm not a fan of Montel, either, and I don't really care why he said it, it was great.

charger
01-31-2008, 12:00 PM
I am not a fan but he earned some respect by making a point against the MSM.
The 28 soldiers that were killed are not just a statistic. They were people like you and I that have family and friends and should not have had the chance to live their life.
It is criminal that our government uses and abuses the military the way that it does.
These guys killed in the line of duty are hero's and the MSM doesn't even want to mention their names.

OferNave
01-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Well, if he's got nothing left to lose, go get a Ron Paul endorsement from him!

josh24601
01-31-2008, 12:27 PM
I was about to warn you, Josh, you had better watch it or they will shift your post to the hinderlands of liberty forest.com if you get too crticial of Ron Paul at ronpaullforums.com...but I guess I was too late.

?

Oh, the third party one? Hah. Whatever.

BigRedBrent
01-31-2008, 12:29 PM
Well, if he's got nothing left to lose, go get a Ron Paul endorsement from him!

Heck yeah! Get a youtube video of the endorsement as well. Those are great.