PDA

View Full Version : Guide on how to talk Ron Paul on talk radio

mrkurtz
01-31-2008, 11:16 AM
Hello all,

This morning I did my rounds calling in on local talk radio here in Boise; the Democrats have their primary on Super Tuesday, so there's a lot of politic talk today.

Well, I've been able to get a couple of the hosts to talk about my call after I hung up which felt really good; so I thought, "what can I share with the grassroots"

I present to you: How to talk Ron Paul on talk radio?

1) When calling in, get yourself ready for two probable stages in the call: the opening statement and the follow up question (and if you're lucky, you'll have two or three)

2) Your opening statement should be ISSUE specific and PARTY specific. Identify yourself without a doubt a conservative Republican. Pick any of the main Ron Paul talking points, but DO NOT mention Paul by name, just identify it as an important issue. Here are the ones that I rotate between:
a) Commitment to reducing federal spending.
b) The end of the unconstitutional expansion of the executive branch.
c) Strong national defense.
d) Honesty and integrity.

3) Within your opening statement, highlight frustrations with the current administration and the "top tier" candidates. Remember to keep them issue specific; you're trying to let the public believe they are making the conclusion. Here are some examples, please add more if you'd like since I certainly don't have them all:
a) "I was offended to hear Romney basically say that he needed to consult his lawyers to figure out if he'd go to war with Iran; anyone who would go over Congress to declare war has no concept of the constitution."
b) "How can the US have a foreign policy that has ballooned our national debt under Bush, compromised our border security, and has made us no safer internationally?"
c) "If we're so concerned with immigration, why are we spending 100s of billions of dollars on what amounts to border security in Iraq? Shouldn't the troops be home protecting our borders?"
d) (Please add more)

4) Be prepared to answer a follow up question, and if you did mention Ron Paul they will certainly add some things:
a) "Now Ron Paul is a Libertarian, right?" ---- "Ron Paul is more a Goldwater Conservative, and if we recall our history, Goldwater ran on a policy of civil libertarianism and small federal government. The Reagan Coalition effectively grew from the movement started by the Goldwater Conservatives. It's actually quite special to have a candidate that not only has positions from the roots of Reagan, but actually has upheld that position in every vote he's ever had in Congress:
b) "Yeah, but Ron Paul doesn't have a chance." ---- "I get frustrated by that. I would just hope that the general electorate demands of their candidates answers to the real tough questions out there. After actually hearing real answers and real good ones at that from Ron Paul, I really became a supporter. And you'll find that most people who support him are very dedicated to him. So we'll see.
c) (those are the ones that I was asked, please print more as you come along)

5) DO NOT TALK ABOUT ANY OF THESE TOPICS!!!!!
a) Council of Foreign Relations (CFR)
b) Fiat Currency (Too long to explain)
c) 9/11 truthers
d) the word "Conspiracy"

I'll add more as I think of more... let me know what you all think!

btwilli1
01-31-2008, 11:28 AM
5) DO NOT TALK ABOUT ANY OF THESE TOPICS!!!!!
a) Council of Foreign Relations (CFR)
b) Fiat Currency (Too long to explain)
c) 9/11 truthers
d) the word "Conspiracy"

+10000000