PDA

View Full Version : CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Ron Paul Drops the Ball

marcus3x
01-31-2008, 11:00 AM
THIS IS JUST CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

1. After the first hour of the cnn g.o.p. debate and during the commercial break I would have advised Paul to make a powerful statement about how unfair the "debate" is and walk of the stage if he wasn't asked the first question. This move would've brought more media attention to Paul than sitting there for the remaining 30 minutes getting less than 2 minutes of air time and dam near getting no media play today. I'm no fan of Huckabee but at least he did make statements during the debate asking for more attention. DROPS THE BALL.

2. After George Bush's State of the Union Address i thought it would've been hot for paul to make a youtube video with his response to bush's speech. With this video being hosted on youtube and ron paul's homepage it would've been a good public relations move. DROPS THE BALL.

3. After it was confirmed that Ron Paul votes were stolen in SUTTON, NEW HAMPSHIRE Ron paul should've held a press conference with the ron paul voters of Sutton demanding a recount and fair election. During that same press conference I would've advised Paul to challenge obama to do the same on the democratic side. If obama did not do the same paul could've challenged obama's supporters to second guess their support for him. This move could've also made the election fraud in the louisiana caucas less likely to happen. DROPS THE BALL.

4. When Fox News excluded Ron Paul from the G.O.P. forum just prior to the New Hampshire primary Paul should've hosted a protest rally with thousands of supporters in close proximity to the fox news event. This rally would've motivated more people to vote/support paul in new hampshire. DROPS THE BALL.

5. Unlike Hillary (magic johnson), Obama (oprah), Huckabee (chuck norris) and Mccain (curt schilling/sylvestor stallone) Ron Paul has failed to use any celebrity to make public appearances endorsing him for president. I believe KANE from the WWE is a Ron Paul supporter. Why not use KANE for some publicity. If KANE could not make any public appearances at least use him for a commercial or a youtube video endorsement. Use as many celebrities/high profile individuals as possible for getting votes. DROPS THE BALL.

6. Prior to the first two money bombs I felt Ron Paul could've made more public statements promoting the money bombs which would've lead to more money being raised.

7. How many times during the debates and television appearances have we witnessed Paul directly challenge the policies of Obama, Clinton, Mccain, Huckabee, Rudy and Romney? Ron paul is running a PASSIVE campaign. I was waiting for months to see paul call out hillary and obama on their positions thus leading them to respond which would have lead to paul destroying their credibility and gaining more support.

8. If Ron Paul decides to run as 3rd party candidate he better select a running mate that can excite the people.

9. Ron paul dropped the ball by not bringing his anti-war/IRS/illegal immigration message to black talk radio.

I could go on. But it was hard for me to watch last night's debate with Paul just sitting there without aggressively trying to get more time. What do you think?

im_a_pepper
01-31-2008, 11:09 AM
I agree on most of those points, but it seems as though Ron is way too humble for any of that. This is more our campaign to carry than his. Most of the action, advertisement, or protests taken have been by the grassroots not Ron Paul. Saying he should do otherwise wouldn't be characteristic of him sadly.

Redcard
01-31-2008, 11:48 AM
I agree on most of those points, but it seems as though Ron is way too humble for any of that. This is more our campaign to carry than his. Most of the action, advertisement, or protests taken have been by the grassroots not Ron Paul. Saying he should do otherwise wouldn't be characteristic of him sadly.

See, that's the problem.

"He's so Humble."

"It's our job to be his voice"

Do you know what people see when they see that?

A man who will do NOTHING as President but get walked over. A man who is incapable of leading, because he doesn't proactively fight the system.

You say it's humility.. well, what happens when he's president, and people are screaming at him and wanting him to make something involving issue XYZ okay? Are we supposed to do it for him THEN too?

The fact is, Ron Paul is running for President of the US. Ron Paul has to step up and show people why he can be a leader. Ron Paul needs to start jumping these other candidates and their positions and telling people why it's not a good position. Ron Paul needs to be his own damn voice, because it's not US running for President.. it's HIM.

jondisx
01-31-2008, 12:39 PM
what do you want him to do, be dressed up like brave heart and lead a revolution?

ToryNotion
01-31-2008, 12:42 PM
blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the oval office?

mcgraw_wv
01-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Be careful, I created a post very similar to this, even said he dropped the ball, and I was banned from this board...

seeker1
01-31-2008, 12:50 PM
Some very excellent posts on this thread.

Someone actually defended his non-participation last night as a tactic to garner the sympathy vote today.

My sons and I kept shouting at the monitor for Dr. Paul to just get up. I agree the press coverage would have been all the rage.

See, that's the problem.

"He's so Humble."

"It's our job to be his voice"

Do you know what people see when they see that?

A man who will do NOTHING as President but get walked over. A man who is incapable of leading, because he doesn't proactively fight the system.

You say it's humility.. well, what happens when he's president, and people are screaming at him and wanting him to make something involving issue XYZ okay? Are we supposed to do it for him THEN too?

The fact is, Ron Paul is running for President of the US. Ron Paul has to step up and show people why he can be a leader. Ron Paul needs to start jumping these other candidates and their positions and telling people why it's not a good position. Ron Paul needs to be his own damn voice, because it's not US running for President.. it's HIM.

These are my sentiments exactly.

seeker1
01-31-2008, 12:51 PM
what do you want him to do, be dressed up like brave heart and lead a revolution?

But standing up to the ridicule would be nice.

countryboypride77
01-31-2008, 12:52 PM
...that because a man has principles, character, moral values, and is utmost Honest. That's a True Leader. I don't feel a good leader should show the world how he's an aggressor. To be Arrogant, Rude, Disrespectful, Uncivil, etc does NOT equal a good Leader. I disagree with those who insinuate that Ron Paul should stoop to the levels of the MSM and his opponents. This is what sets Dr. Ron Paul aside from the others. The others cannot compete with his Honesty, with his Truths, He's also the only candidate that is offering the People Solutions to Real American Problems. He's the only one who speaks the truth of the causes and effects of our America Today. I support Ron Paul for the True, Real American Patriot who continues to stand tall even with the obvious blatant lies the MSM does. I salute Dr. Paul for not wavering on his positions from the biasedness of the MSM. It isn't Dr. Paul's fault that so many have been brainwashed by the MSM who hopefully will get turned off completely one of these days SOON> I am Honored to Have a Respectable Man that speaks the Truth to the People, who is open to the People, I will stand by Dr. Paul throughout the Revolution, He's the ONLY Real Person of choice and I"m proud how he has not lowered his self to the levels of the viruses and parasites of the Mainstream Media and GOP. This is a time I will Never Forget.

littlex
01-31-2008, 12:56 PM

No, but he really needs to assert himself a lot more. Humility is an admirable quality, that others running lack, but if we are donating so much money and time he needs to speak up and not be made a fool of. We are all counting on him and he deserves to he heard, but it's not going to happen if he won't assert himself especially when he is blatantly being slighted on live nationally broadcasted TV.

seeker1
01-31-2008, 01:11 PM
...that because a man has principles, character, moral values, and is utmost Honest. That's a True Leader. I don't feel a good leader should show the world how he's an aggressor. To be Arrogant, Rude, Disrespectful, Uncivil, etc does NOT equal a good Leader. I disagree with those who insinuate that Ron Paul should stoop to the levels of the MSM and his opponents. This is what sets Dr. Ron Paul aside from the others.

Since when is standing up for right,
Arrogant, Rude, Disrespectful, Uncivil, etc

He is running to be elected to be the president of the US. Humility is fine, but you don't let people walk over you.

I'm not seeing the fire I remember and it's very sad to see.:(

aksmith
01-31-2008, 02:27 PM
He definitely needed to do something dramatic last night, other than be dramatically shut down and ignored. Why? Because that's the last televised debate we will see him in. After Super Tuesday, he will no longer be invited. And he will have himself to blame in large measure. He's not Huckabee, hoping for the vice presidency. He doesn't have to be nice to anyone. In fact, he should have talked right over Anderson Cooper and pointed out what a jackass he was being. And he should have talked over McMittney and their continuous girl fight.