PDA

View Full Version : CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Ron Paul Drops the Ball

marcus3x
01-31-2008, 10:51 AM
THIS IS JUST CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

1. After the first hour of the cnn g.o.p. debate and during the commercial break I would have advised Paul to make a powerful statement about how unfair the "debate" is and walk of the stage if he wasn't asked the first question. This move would've brought more media attention to Paul than sitting there for the remaining 30 minutes getting less than 2 minutes of air time and dam near getting no media play today. I'm no fan of Huckabee but at least he did make statements during the debate asking for more attention. DROPS THE BALL.

2. After George Bush's State of the Union Address i thought it would've been hot for paul to make a youtube video with his response to bush's speech. With this video being hosted on youtube and ron paul's homepage it would've been a good public relations move. DROPS THE BALL.

3. After it was confirmed that Ron Paul votes were stolen in SUTTON, NEW HAMPSHIRE Ron paul should've held a press conference with the ron paul voters of Sutton demanding a recount and fair election. During that same press conference I would've advised Paul to challenge obama to do the same on the democratic side. If obama did not do the same paul could've challenged obama's supporters to second guess their support for him. This move could've also made the election fraud in the louisiana caucas less likely to happen. DROPS THE BALL.

4. When Fox News excluded Ron Paul from the G.O.P. forum just prior to the New Hampshire primary Paul should've hosted a protest rally with thousands of supporters in close proximity to the fox news event. This rally would've motivated more people to vote/support paul in new hampshire. DROPS THE BALL.

5. Unlike Hillary (magic johnson), Obama (oprah), Huckabee (chuck norris) and Mccain (curt schilling/sylvestor stallone) Ron Paul has failed to use any celebrity to make public appearances endorsing him for president. I believe KANE from the WWE is a Ron Paul supporter. Why not use KANE for some publicity. If KANE could not make any public appearances at least use him for a commercial or a youtube video endorsement. Use as many celebrities as possible for getting votes. DROPS THE BALL.

6. Prior to the first two money bombs I felt Ron Paul could've made more public statements promoting the money bombs which would've lead to more money being raised.

7. How many times during the debates and television appearances have we witnessed Paul directly challenge the policies of Obama, Clinton, Mccain, Huckabee, Rudy and Romney? Ron paul is running a PASSIVE campaign. I was waiting for months to see paul call out hillary and obama on their positions thus leading them to respond which would have lead to paul destroying their credibility and gaining more support.

I could go on. But it was hard for me to watch last night's debate with Paul just sitting there without aggressively trying to get more time. What do you think?

AlexMerced
01-31-2008, 10:55 AM
I agree that a walking off stage towards the end would of been good to re-focus attention on him, but the thing is that Ron Paul thinks a lot about his general credibiity cause he want's to make sure the messages stays strong

to pull off a attention grabbing stunt would give more credence to the media to paint him as novelty shutting many people off to the message. He's used to being patient and it's worked in igniting this movement.

The message is what keeps him going, and anything that would compromise the message I doubt he'd do.

pinkmandy
01-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Oh jeez...another one...there is a forum for campaign ideas/criticism/whatever you want to call it. This is NOT it.