PDA

View Full Version : Sending letters to my precinct

RevolutionSD
01-31-2008, 10:38 AM
I've been sick for most of January and have not had enough energy to canvass. So I have mailed a personal letter with RP material to every republican in my precinct.

I thought about it and I actually think this is BETTER than door to door in person. Here's why:

1) When you walk your precinct, most people are either not home or don't answer their door. You are forced to just leave anonymous material, very impersonal. With the letters, 99% of people will open and read, especially as they see it is coming from one of their neighbors.

2) It's not an interruption. People may not want to talk politics with a stranger, but will likely read something coming from their neighbor.

3) You're not going to piss anyone off. When you go door to door, they may not like your hair, your clothes, your voice, whatever. They may also be in a bad mood. The letters make this irrelevant.

4) It's time-efficient. 1 mailer of 113 takes about an hour time. 113 houses are going to take you longer to canvass.

Face to face is nice but just realize that it's not the ONLY way to do this.

pinkmandy
01-31-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm working on my letters now, too. I'm about half done w/getting them ready to mail. After I mail them I intend to do follow up calls. I will also volunteer to drive older people to the polls on primary day (12th here).

mysticgeek
01-31-2008, 10:45 AM
I have been doing the mailings because my precinct is all rural. Also, today at work 3 people commented on Ron Paul sign in my office. I handed literature to all of them.

pinkmandy
01-31-2008, 10:55 AM
We're rural in mine, too but we do canvas in town on weekends (not my precinct) but same county. He is more popular than people realize and he is spreading. We get lots of honks and cheers for RP when sign waving! I never would have expected that in this area but it was awesome!!!!