PDA

View Full Version : An Economist as Paul's VP

bingo23
01-31-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm of the belief that if you fix the economy, EVERYTHING else falls into place by itself. You can deal with global warming any which way if the country is overflowing with money.

Does the rest of the country think the same?

So...

Bring Troops home. Save Lives. Live Rich. No live-in Uncle Sammy.

Fyretrohl
01-31-2008, 11:11 AM
Paul IS the Economist. The only thing is, he speaks ADVANCED economic realities. Stiff that makes the voters brain fuzz over.

ambiguousscion
01-31-2008, 11:28 AM
Agreed, my wife thinks he sounds crazy because she doesn't follow him. Most people don't understand economics, he needs some Ross Perot style graphs and charts to show what fiscal morons they are in Washington.

jstmike
01-31-2008, 11:37 AM
I would say that David Walker would be a good choice:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIgrxpp97OQ

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXr_Ga_n0pY

acroso
01-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Economics is not a science...it's a social science.

You can take economics in any direction you want and come up with all different things we should do....see Robert Rubin.

The key is that you have a conservative philosophy...which Paul does.

dvictr
01-31-2008, 11:50 AM
not necessary. like Ron Paul said at the debate... the president doesnt need to manage the economy... but have policies that are for less taxes and less regulation..

A VP nominee should be a direct pander to the MSM.. someone that they can get all wet over... someone to widen the support base. Maybe Obama as VP... give the guy a few years to learn about Free Markets and bring in the BLACK vote... We want to end the war on drugs and the MSM is not letting the minorites in on this secret.

-

dax702
01-31-2008, 11:57 AM
Paul IS the Economist.

You must have read my mind as I was going to post the exact same phrase, with IS capitalized too when I saw the title of this thread =)

bingo23
01-31-2008, 12:20 PM
Well his vice has to be SOMEONE. What should his strengths be?

I say the economy... possibly public speaking?

DRV45N05
01-31-2008, 12:20 PM
PAUL-LUSKIN: HOPE FOR AMERICA!

Top Economic Adviser: Peter Schiff

Shavenyak
01-31-2008, 12:23 PM
not necessary. like Ron Paul said at the debate... the president doesnt need to manage the economy... but have policies that are for less taxes and less regulation..

A VP nominee should be a direct pander to the MSM.. someone that they can get all wet over... someone to widen the support base. Maybe Obama as VP... give the guy a few years to learn about Free Markets and bring in the BLACK vote... We want to end the war on drugs and the MSM is not letting the minorites in on this secret.

-

I still think Paul/Kucinich would make a lot of people stop and think. "If they can get along, what's wrong with the rest of them?"

wgadget
01-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Walter Williams is an economist.

TulsaRevolution
01-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Paul is an economist. His VP should be someone who has strengths in areas where Paul is weak. Paul really isn't weak in ideas anywhere, so he doesnt really need a guy who is an "expert" in a certain area. He needs a guy who is a talented speaker. Someone charismatic. Someone who knows how to run an aggressive winning political campaign. Maybe a little more of a politician than Paul is. Perhaps someone with some foreign diplomacy experience.

Either that, or a really rich guy so fundraising is not an issue.

Kludge
01-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Let's clone Milton Friedman and Ayn Rand and get them to produce some type of super-human laissez-faire economist.