PDA

View Full Version : Keep Knocking on Doors - Inspiration.

xita
08-05-2007, 07:56 PM
From the reddit comments I found this exchange:

First guy:

The race started far earlier than it did when Carter ran. Paul does not have the staff, does not have the donors, does not have the organization. His name recognition is tiny. I would like to see his approval ratings among those who have an idea of what he stands for: high approval among some on the net is not high approval in the real world.

d42 Reply:

What on earth are you talking about? I live in Iowa. Want to guess which Republican candidate is the only one who has sent a live campaign worker to my door who shook my hand, left a pamphlet and a DVD to watch, and asked me if I had any questions about the candidate? It sure as heck wasn't Giuliani's people, or Romney's people, or McCain's people. It was a Paul worker who told me that the last time he was actually involved in a campaign was with Goldwater in '64 and he honestly felt like giving his time for Paul could actually begin to make a real difference in America. That has IMPACT, a lot more than some blowhard talking head on television.

These workers invaded my neighborhood one evening. I live next door to a guy who was going to vote for Romney, but he's jumped ship because the Paul campaign showed a level of energy and commitment that he'd never seen before and he's lived in Iowa for fifty years.

You are completely talking out of your rear end here and you've swallowed way too many of Fox News' talking points.

Keep canvasing - It's working! We have a shot at this straw poll if the feet on the street keep knocking on doors and talking to people face to face.

We have 7 days to shock the world!

"look, if you had, one shot, or one opportunity
to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment
would you capture it or just let it slip?"

rich34
08-05-2007, 07:59 PM
I commend all you people that are in or are headed to Iowa over the next week. I'm jealous because I'd love to be there with you guys, but it's just not financially possible. I'm behind you guys/gals 100% Please for the sake of the country do not give up and keep knocking until your knuckles fall off!:)

akalucas
08-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Keep up the good work! I really wish I could be there. I think Paul having many people to knock on doors is going to make a difference in favor for Paul at the straw poll. No way other campaigns can match the man power and the effectiveness that can bring with tv ads, or mail alone

DeadheadForPaul
08-05-2007, 08:52 PM
EXCELLENT!

If you're from Iowa or the midwest, please think about stopping into Iowa and let them know that Ron Paul is the only honest man of the people in this race

Richandler
08-05-2007, 08:59 PM
We have 7 days to shock the world!

I like the sound of that.

PatriotOne
08-05-2007, 09:00 PM
This was on Lew Rockwells blog today. More than 1000 RP foot soldiers in Iowa? I can't imagine THAT has ever happened before...has it?

What an amazing group. There are more than 1,000 in-state and out-of-state volunteers working Iowa fulltime, and many more part-time. On their own, two local people designed a handsome full-size RP billboard, attacking war and taxes, and paid to have it placed on a major thoroughfare in Des Moines. Another man drove his truck and trailer, handsomely decorated for Ron, all the way from Arkansas, to work for the strawpoll. At any RP rally, people in the very diverse crowd are wearing disparate Ron t-shirts and holding disparate RP signs, all produced unofficially, and all professionally done and good-looking. When Ron arrived in Des Moines at 10:00pm Saturday night--something not listed on any public schedule--50 or more people, mostly families, were there to cheer him and Carol. The airport parking lot was festooned with their vehicles featuring giant RP signs. Near the debate site, more than 100 happy Ron Paulians stood in the rain at 6:30AM, cheering their guy.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/

DJ RP
08-05-2007, 09:28 PM
100 people in the rain..... AT 6.30AM

not to personally see him speak but just to support him from outside......

AWWWWWWWESOME!!!

ronpaulitician
08-05-2007, 10:10 PM
I saw my first RP bumper sticker on a car Saturday. Today, I saw my first RP banners on two I5 overpasses.

My father-in-law, a loyal Democrat, said he liked a lot of what Paul has to say. "He's a smart guy and knows what he's talking about."

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-05-2007, 10:13 PM
The firestorm is picking up on the prairie grasses.

That was an inspirational story. Makes me want to come down sooner. This is so great.