PDA

View Full Version : What does it tell us when McCain apparently 'won' this debate?

El Davicho
01-31-2008, 10:06 AM
This was the most baffeling thing about this debate. When it ended, I certainly did not expect Ron Paul to be touted as the winner...regardless of what I personally thought (I thought his responses and interjections were were miles beyond what any other candidate said...and his Reagan response was entirely selfless and genuine), but MCCAIN won the debate? If you're going to play to a front runner, Romney definately out performed McCain. However, most comentaries I've read pin McCain as the overall winner.

McCain came off as an elderly, angry, hot-tempered a-hole who can't deal with confrontation and uses 'strong talk' to wrestle people into listening and agreeing with him. He is 100% military, there is nothing Presidential about him and his responses were completely empty. Not to mention NOT ONE of the candidates other than Ron actually answered the questions. How in the hell can anyone think he won that debate? How do they determine who won it?

Sometimes I really feel that the vast majority of this country has just fallen off the deep end. Almost like our common sense, logic, values and culture are just regressing. I used to think people were just being manipulated but I'm starting to feel that everyone (media and politicians included) have just lost thier minds and there is nothing deliberately malicious about there actions. They're just nuts.

The movie Idiocracy is spot on how I feel about our country right now.

SovereignMN
01-31-2008, 10:20 AM
I agree 100%. Out of the 2 "front runners" I thought Romney fared much better than McCain.

Mises
01-31-2008, 10:21 AM
McCain has always been the media's darling. He panders to the left on environmentalism and "bipartisanship" and they love him for it.

El Davicho
01-31-2008, 10:28 AM
McCain has always been the media's darling. He panders to the left on environmentalism and "bipartisanship" and they love him for it.

Right, but don't they have the sense to see that his words are empty? Anyone can sit up there and talk about streangthening defense and increasing the military and taking care of the environment. But the key question, that any one with an ounce of sanity would ask, is were are we getting the money for those things?

And yet, he wants to lower taxes. Hmmm...lower taxes and increase/maintain spending, there's a winning formula!

Like I said, I think people have just lost their minds.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-31-2008, 10:28 AM
Now will the rest of America finally open their eyes to how they are being coerced into voting for certain candidates ? C'mon Gov. Swarz endorsed him before the debate was finished and he must of felt like a real loser watching mccaint making a fool of himself in front of the whole world.

El Davicho
01-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Now will the rest of America finally open their eyes to how they are being coerced into voting for certain candidates ? C'mon Gov. Swarz endorsed him before the debate was finished and he must of felt like a real loser watching mccaint making a fool of himself in front of the whole world.

But the point is the world didn't seem to NOTICE McCain making a fool out of himself. I could have sworn he was digging his own grave and shooting himself in the foot...that those two bickering like children just worked to make Ron look that much better.

But it seems that most people didn't think he made a fool of himself. I haven't read much comentary criticizing McCain at all in this debate.

xd9fan
01-31-2008, 10:32 AM
I think we are seeing just how empty the GOP is.....

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Right, but don't they have the sense to see that his words are empty? Anyone can sit up there and talk about streangthening defense and increasing the military and taking care of the environment. But the key question, that any one with an ounce of sanity would ask, is were are we getting the money for those things?

And yet, he wants to lower taxes. Hmmm...lower taxes and increase/maintain spending, there's a winning formula!

I mean, it doesn't get more obvious than last night. I really hope America was watching and listening. mccaint said he agreed with Ron on spending cuts, yet is still boasting of occupying other nations indefinitely. I hope people see how these candidates only say what they think people want to hear --- How they are terrified to criticize the current admin, yet try to be all sympathetic with the outrage of the American people over its failed policies. --- How they say they can fix the economy, yet have not offered a single realistic plan that would even come close do so --- I really hope that America sees how Ron Paul says it like it is, no bullshit, and is an honest man with a sound plan for saving America --- Many people must have seen it last night and seen that --- Those two clowns are not suitable to be President of the United States of America --- And that the media is trying to dictate to us who will be president.

LEK
01-31-2008, 10:52 AM
This will apparently be the last debate.

What is said last is always remembered.

These results, though contrived and false, will completely negate anything that was concluded in the previous debates (ie., Ron Paul winning the previous debates via text messaging).

It's called psychological warfare and the masses are prime for the manipulation.

Think for yourselves!

FTL
01-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Mccain reminds me of a mean little kid. The type that would throw a claw hammer through the TV screen and then pretend he is innocent of any wrong doing by looking cute and playing with his stuffed animals in the corner.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-31-2008, 10:57 AM
Lol

Sarge
01-31-2008, 11:19 AM
I just went into the kitchen to cut an onion for my wife and she had the Barbara Walters show on.

They were talking about how unfair the debate was to Ron Paul and Huck. People are noticing.

Tim111977
01-31-2008, 11:23 AM
Mccain reminds me of a mean little kid. The type that would throw a claw hammer through the TV screen and then pretend he is innocent of any wrong doing by looking cute and playing with his stuffed animals in the corner.
I find it so annoying the look he gets on his face when he thinks of the next thing he wants to say. Its like this "Im ridiculously proud of myself for thinking of that" and then he says something stupid

GoDrNo
01-31-2008, 11:25 AM
I thought for sure that Romney was going to be able to goad McInsane into an explosion, that man is nuttier than hell.

A. Havnes
01-31-2008, 11:26 AM
All I've heard on the news today (and trust me, I didn't watch very long), was the frenzie debate between McCain and Romney. "Tensions were high!" they said. It almost lulled me into slumber.

Why can't they play Ron Paul's brilliant answer to those two's constant squabbling?

MikeStanart
01-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I was baffled by that reporting too.

The whole night; While my friends and I were cheering at every small time Ron Paul had to speak....

We were actually complimenting Romney's charisma; and his ability to answer questions well with tact.

We were laughing at Mccain's immaturity; and inability to get his mind off a mis-interpretation that HE had; even after being set straight from Anderson Cooper.

Paul did pretty damn well for the SMALL amount of time he was given....
But in reality....

The MSM should have been spouting "Romney Wins"

barbz
01-31-2008, 12:33 PM

They been hypnotized!

PhillyEagles11
01-31-2008, 12:34 PM
He 'won' the debate before it even started. Barring something monumentally stupid coming out of his mouth, the media knew they would declare him the winner.

katiebaby
01-31-2008, 12:43 PM
It's funny because when I see what real people think (mostly posts in comments and on other boards), most say that Romney won, and that Ron and Mike were good too, but didn't get enough speaking time. They also say McInsane looked like a childish angry old man. Yet, the MSM says McCain won? B.S.

jkm1864
01-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Mc'cain will win the nomination mark My words. I was in Louisiana and We lost there because We were up against the GOP and they know all the dirty tricks and hold all the cards. You have to realize our votes do not mean crap in this nomination because the GOP has made up its mind and they will change the rules as they see fit. I really feel this election is the time for another independent bid. America is ready for a independent president because everyone is tired of the demoncraps and the republicons. Obama is always talking about change but a third party run and win will be big change.

katiebaby
01-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Watching the debate the second time on CNN, McCain disgusts me even more.

Ronin
01-31-2008, 01:34 PM
The whole thing was scripted. McCain and Romney were provided queue cards with each others quotes. It was so obvious. At one point McCain actually picked it up and read it...dumbass. This was all about ensuring they have something to talk about after the debate.

ForTheRevolution
01-31-2008, 01:41 PM
how come McWar cant just call it terrorism.....I always has to make it sound super duper scary by calling it "EXTREMIST ISLAMIST TERRORISM"

I couldn't even watch the debate because they (especially McGobStopperCheeks) were too damn annoying.

Any one watch when the Ghoul endorsed McWar? I was so happy we would no longer be hearing 9/11 in every sentence come out of Rudy's mouth, but the first thing McCain said after Rudy endorsed him was 9/11:( Here we go again....

WV Freedom Fighter
01-31-2008, 01:48 PM
The only thing McCain knows how to say is "buzz words" and name off a bunch of his friends. It's sicking. When he has rallies after debates or whatever, he always reads from script cards. Definately a puppet for the establishment.