PDA

View Full Version : Ban paperless voting

LizF
05-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Hello all,

I found this petition to Congress to ban paperless voting, originating from MoveOn.org. I realize not everyone in our forum may agree with this group on all of their issues, but I think as voters we can all agree that we need to do what we can to eliminate voter fraud.

An email that you can cut & paste to forward to others, as well well as the link to sign the petition, follow below.

Best,
LizF

Subject: Ban paperless voting

Hi,

Too many voters are still stuck with paperless voting machines—machines that are vulnerable to tampering and malfunction.

A new bill in Congress would ban paperless voting. It's got enough support to pass, but time is short. This week, the Democratic leadership is deciding what Congress will take up next. If they don't put voting on the agenda, there simply won't be time to make the change by the 2008 presidential election.

We need Congress to ban paperless voting before it's too late.

Can you help out by signing this petition to Congress? It's really easy—just click the link below:

http://pol.moveon.org/paperlessvoting/?referring_id=-8194722-N8GV.Q&taf=1

Thanks!

AlexAmore
05-23-2007, 04:39 PM
This is extremely important! I hope everyone signs!

I've seen evidence that these machines can contain malicious code!

mdh
05-23-2007, 06:56 PM
As little as I've liked moveon.org over the years, I'm totally with 'em on this one. Voting systems are inherently easily tampered with. Paper voting systems create a... errr... paper trail. :)

winston84
05-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Signed, this is essential to stopping voter fraud.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Signed...

Your message to the Democratic leaders and your senators and representative: (optional)

I wrote... "Vote Ron Paul!"

CurtisLow
05-24-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm for that! hence my signature. lol

winston84
05-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Incase some of you are hesitant on giving Grassfire all your information, all you need to fill out are the name, e-mail, and zip code fields.

RonPaul4President
05-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Did it!