PDA

View Full Version : chip-in for Cleveland radio advertising! urgent!

kmj.ronpaul
01-31-2008, 09:50 AM
We're planning for radio advertising in the Greater Cleveland area. I am working on selecting the ads we will use and the demographics we'll target.

**URGENT: I just learned yesterday that, right now in the Cleveland radio ad market, advertising time is cheap. It is very likely that prices will shoot up on Super Tuesday, if it becomes clear that either party's race is going to be close. If I'm going to take advantage of the presently cheap rates, I was told that I need to place my ad order by this coming Tuesday, Super Tuesday, 2/05. BUT, we will need to clear payments with our PAC, so please, if you can, donate *now* so that we can get the funds to the radio station by Tuesday.

Here is our chip-in:

http://ronpaullakegeauga.chipin.com/cleveland-oh-radio-advertising-for-ron-paul

I'll post more details about commercials we'll be using etc. as I make these decisions.

Why Ohio is an important election state: we have 88 delegates, while the typical state has 20-30. We've been a swing state in past elections, and with Dr. Paul gaining a few delegates here and there from other primaries, we can really swing the nomination to Dr. Paul if Ohio wins him dozens of delegates!

If you can't afford to donate, please bump!

kmj.ronpaul
02-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Update: I'm going to be placing my radio ad order tomorrow, Monday 2/04. I need to know how much radio space to reserve... right now, there is very little in this chip-in!

Even if you just chip in a few dollars, it will help us to get some radio ads on the air in Ohio... we're an important late-primary state, and so far, the Paul campaign has (understandably) done little to no advertising here... we can't wait for the official campaign to put out ads in the last week or 2 before our March 4th primary -- we have to start converting Ohioans *now*, and radio ads (in addition to our already-funded tv ads) are a good way to do this!

literatim
02-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Bump.

LibertyEagle
02-04-2008, 12:08 AM
bump

JohnnyWrath
02-04-2008, 12:18 AM
WMMS? That's the main station aside from lite rock, classic rock, and country ( I live here)....how much do ads cost?

88.1 will get younger college age listeners in my opinion.

slacker921
02-04-2008, 12:25 AM
we're fine with the college age voters - it's the older folks who need to be targeted.

slacker921
02-04-2008, 12:29 AM
kmj.. you need to put some more info on here or on the chipin. People aren't going to drop mad cash on it without some way to be sure you are legit. Not to be critical or anything, but that's the way it is.

jahazii
02-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Get this funded

kmj.ronpaul
02-04-2008, 01:57 PM
bump

PathIveMade
02-04-2008, 10:18 PM
How'd this end up working out KMJ?