PDA

View Full Version : Canvassing is not scary

TuningIn
01-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Broward County proves it. Canvassing works. If sign waving and media stunts work at all, it was not even measurable in the Florida results compared to canvassing.

Even if your state is a Super Tuesday state, take a precinct and get as much done as you can, even if you can only make a dent.

It is not scary. I am so introverted I may be autistic, but I only found it scary BEFORE I tried it.

You are So and So from Such and Such Drive. People will not treat you the way RP Supporters are treated in the media or "conservative" forums. They are glad to meet a neighbor.

If you don't have supplies, don't wait around for supplies in the mail or for your meet-up to get together to re-distribute. Print off 30 SHORT letters, multiple letters to a page, describing BRIEFLY

Who you are (So and So from Such and Such Drive who hopes to have time to follow-up with them)
Why you support Ron Paul (3 bullet points)
Where they can go for more info (www.ronpaul2008.com and your contact info)

Punch a hole in each, tie a loop of yarn through each hole, stuff some paper clips in your pocket (for the difficult door knobs) and hit the street.

Print off more letters when you need them. If your supplies come in the mail, use them then.

Save your sign blitzes for 4AM on voting day. Any media blurb right now won't make a dent in the Romney McCain lovefest going on in the media right now. Only face-to-face matters right now. Hit the pavement!

jabrownie
01-31-2008, 10:11 AM
Oh yea, Canvass 4 the win!!!

DeadtoSin
01-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Good post. By the way don't feel bad if you haven't started yet. Texas is a bit later and people are just now thinking about politics, so I'll be starting to canvass on Saturday.

jacmicwag
01-31-2008, 10:22 AM
I second - once you sign up as a Precinct leader and get your list, you can start calling and walking. I do both. RP supporters are out there and many others are willing to consider him. This is the only way to by-pass the media and win the battle.

Pete
01-31-2008, 10:25 AM
I went around my neighborhood with delegate petitions, and it was a good experience. Even the people who were very adamantly pro-war were at least friendly.