PDA

View Full Version : Was Ron Paul radio successful?

DjLoTi
08-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Within 1 month we went from a blank webpage to broadcasting live at the GOP debates. We got over 4 interviews with RP, a good interview with Lew Rockwell, an interview with Kent Snyder, and an Interview with Jessie Benton.

When I told Duncan Hunter we had 80 people listening live right now, that was cool. Imagine if we had 5,000. Do you guys see how powerful this could be?

I know we had some problems, but for getting it all up in 1 month, I think we did alright.

What do you guys think?

We did have some technical issues, but I'll get to work on that right away.

jj111
08-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Good job! Thanks.

LibertyOfOne
08-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I tried to listen but winamp could not find the server. Or shall I say servers.

richard1984
08-05-2007, 07:59 PM

Same here.

BuddyRey
08-05-2007, 07:59 PM
You guys did a phenomenal job of putting everything together. I was glued to the Spin Room coverage!

DjLoTi
08-05-2007, 08:00 PM

I'll be sure to take care of that problem ASAP. We prob would have had 50+ more listeners without the problems. I was also having problems. Unfortunately, I couldn't do anything, and I don't think I'll do it tonight, lol. I'll get it done by tomorrow for sure.

I'm so wiped. It was just, an insane amount of work. I just got back in Chicago so I'm gonna chill of or a little while because I have to take the plane tomorrow morning in like 7 hours, lol, still haven't packed. :P

PatriotOne
08-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Within 1 month we went from a blank webpage to broadcasting live at the GOP debates. We got over 4 interviews with RP, a good interview with Lew Rockwell, an interview with Kent Snyder, and an Interview with Jessie Benton.

When I told Duncan Hunter we had 80 people listening live right now, that was cool. Imagine if we had 5,000. Do you guys see how powerful this could be?

I know we had some problems, but for getting it all up in 1 month, I think we did alright.

What do you guys think?

We did have some technical issues, but I'll get to work on that right away.

Same here...I couldn't get on. Were the interviews saved somewhere so those of us who couldn't get on hear them?

DjLoTi
08-05-2007, 08:04 PM
I will also get all the files together and interviews together so they will be available for download, and we'll also be looping them on our station as well. Thanks for everyone who tuned in. Much respect.

Dustancostine
08-05-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm on the road and have a slow connection. Is there anyway to make the material from today downloadable. I would love to listen to it.

Thanks,
Dustan

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 08:05 PM
I enjoyed it, specially the Brownback interview. ;)

DjLoTi
08-05-2007, 08:05 PM
They *were* saved but I want to organize them and split them up so you guys don't have to listen to anything that sucks or is boring. We'll get right to the good stuff :)

I'll do my best to get it all done and up by Monday night. I have a long day of flying tomorrow :P

ChicagoLawyer
08-05-2007, 09:02 PM
I was able to listen and thought it was great!

Bradley in DC
08-05-2007, 09:05 PM
I enjoyed it, specially the Brownback interview. ;)

That was absolutely classic! If only someone had a video of that for YouTube!

Duncan Hunter handled himself with some class though.

UCFGavin
08-05-2007, 09:07 PM
i listened to it, i thought you did a good job. the only thing i would have liked was hearing the actual debate. again though, i know you told us why and i understand you couldn't just play it.

im_a_pepper
08-05-2007, 09:12 PM
I enjoyed it, but felt like I was missing out since it did not air here until 2 hours later so I listened to the first half hour and then after the debate.

DjLoTi
08-05-2007, 09:19 PM
That was absolutely classic! If only someone had a video of that for YouTube!

Duncan Hunter handled himself with some class though.

Duncan Hunter also didn't know who I was with. lol

We got the clip with Brownback and we're going to make it into a Ron Paul radio promo. "wow... he's got his own radio station!!"
Oh yeah. I can't wait. I'm listening to it right now for the first time.

http://www.ronpaulradio.com/podcasts/events/DjLoTi_Live_from_Des_Moines_Iowa_2007Aug05.mp3

It's 80.1 megs. It also has all the debate stuff with not too many people enjoyed lol but that's ok. We *were* a source, maybe the only source, for live broadcast.

I'm going to get to work on the audio and split up all the separate interviews and post them later. Probably like, by Monday night.

TexMac
08-05-2007, 09:19 PM
I tried to listen but winamp could not find the server. Or shall I say servers.I had that problem, but this fixed it.

http://tools.veloc-it.com/DesktopModules/Repository/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/zip.png Open Playlist in WMP (version 2.2) (http://tools.veloc-it.com/tabid/58/grm2id/7/Default.aspx)
http://tools.veloc-it.com/DesktopModules/Repository/MakeThumbnail.aspx?tabid=58&id=7&mid=393&w=100 (http://tools.veloc-it.com/DesktopModules/Repository/MakeThumbnail.aspx?tabid=58&id=7)
Windows Media Player can open PLS (Shoutcast Playlist) internet radio streams, it just doesn't know it can. This program opens PLS files and forwards the information to Windows Media Player.

Version 2.0 includes bug fixes and improvements by Rajiv Menon to support AAC+ support.
Version 2.1 improves user experience when firewall prevents connection and uses Isolated Storage for logging and settings to run under unpriveleged user accounts.
Version 2.2 adds a minor fix for unix style line endings and adds an option to show the error log (openplsinwmp.exe -log).
File size 315 K Downloads 18523 Date Tue 02/06/2007 @ 12:45 Author Jon Galloway EMail

RATING: COMMENTS (25) (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:__doPostBack%28%27dnn$ctr393$Repository$lstOb jects$_ctl3$hypComments%27,%27%27%29) DOWNLOAD (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:__doPostBack%28%27dnn$ctr393$Repository$lstOb jects$_ctl3$hypDownload%27,%27%27%29)

DjLoTi
08-05-2007, 09:24 PM
We're definitely going to fix that problem, because there shouldn't be any problem, in my experience in internet radio, this should not have been a problem for the listeners. I apologize for the problems people were having. I can't wait to fix it! lol :P

DjLoTi
08-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Don't download the 80.1 meg file, give me 5 minutes and I'll split the spin room coverage and get it uploaded right now

Dustancostine
08-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Don't download the 80.1 meg file, give me 5 minutes and I'll split the spin room coverage and get it uploaded right now

Thank you so much DJ. I admire your hard work. As soon as I get some extra cash, it is coming your way.

-Dustan

MadEmperor
08-05-2007, 09:35 PM
I enjoyed it, esp after the debate was over and you talked to other candidates and such

TexMac
08-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Don't download the 80.1 meg file, give me 5 minutes and I'll split the spin room coverage and get it uploaded right nowDon't worry aboutit it's a learning curve for all of us. I was smiling while listening because you had to keep talking when you so clearly wanted to listen. :D

Shatterhand
08-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Great work, DjLoti

I think your radio is going to play a big role in the Paul Campaign. It will be very interesting to see what kind of shows you make, who you interview . . . I think this could really be popular with college kids. I look forward to listening more and spreading the message.

:D

DjLoTi
08-05-2007, 10:01 PM
If we could get like, Imagine if we had all 30,000 meet up members tuned in to the stream.

"Mr Brownback, do you realize that you're speaking to 30,000 people?"

Not to mention, we can broadcast every event, official and unofficial. The potential for this is huge. If me getting access to interview the candidates face to face after only 2 months of working on the website doesn't say this is a big project, I don't know what does.

Here's the spin room coverage, 18 megs. :
http://www.mediafire.com/?cbmfttcxdxt

beermotor
08-06-2007, 04:59 AM
I will also get all the files together and interviews together so they will be available for download, and we'll also be looping them on our station as well. Thanks for everyone who tuned in. Much respect.

Yeah looping your programming a little bit would be cool... I'd like to listen but did not get a chance to do it live.

You're not a gamer are you? Did you ever happen to see the EveTV broadcasts for Eve Online's various tournaments and stuff?

disinter
08-08-2007, 03:43 AM
Duncan Hunter also didn't know who I was with. lol

http://www.ronpaulradio.com/podcasts/events/DjLoTi_Live_from_Des_Moines_Iowa_2007Aug05.mp3

It's 80.1 megs. It also has all the debate stuff with not too many people enjoyed lol but that's ok. We *were* a source, maybe the only source, for live broadcast.

I'm going to get to work on the audio and split up all the separate interviews and post them later. Probably like, by Monday night.

Good stuff! I love your good attitude. Thanks for doing this!