PDA

View Full Version : Agreements between CNN and the campaigns?

CopperheadNC
01-31-2008, 09:27 AM
Does anyone know if this information is available to the public?

Everybody knows that there are negotiations between the campaigns and whatever network is showing a debate, and they are frequently mentioned by the moderators (mostly regarding time/sticking to the topic of a question). I think it would be very interesting and revealing to see what exactly was agreed upon last night, and also if these agreements are reached in consensus with all of the campaigns or individually with each of them.

In other words, is there one big document they all sign, or are different deals worked out with each campaign?

At the very least, can we get ahold of agreements made between CNN and the Ron Paul campaign?

georgem
01-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Do something pro-active instead of trying to find the bogey man. What your implying is not what the agreements are about. The only agreements are that CNN execs promise to give Anderson Cooper a handy for being the pointman in a disgusting desplay of a debate. Its over, move one, you act like you didn't expect exactly what happened.

CopperheadNC
01-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Do something pro-active instead of trying to find the bogey man. What your implying is not what the agreements are about. The only agreements are that CNN execs promise to give Anderson Cooper a handy for being the pointman in a disgusting desplay of a debate. Its over, move one, you act like you didn't expect exactly what happened.

Actually, I am just curious as to how the procedure works. Not looking for a "Bogey man" here, just looking for more information. I think if we had more understanding of the process, it would help us to curtail some of the very negative responses we have seen.

Also, what the hell is a "Handy?"