PDA

View Full Version : Romney No Longer Funding His Campaign - DONATE TO RON!!

dante
01-31-2008, 09:14 AM
Here it is. Donate First so Ron Paul can win!!!
http://wvgazette.com/News/200801300705

Romney not ready to commit to big TV buys for Super Tuesday -- a boost for rival McCain

By DAVID ESPO

AP Special Correspondent

WASHINGTON (AP) -- In a major boost for John McCain, Republican presidential rival Mitt Romney signaled Wednesday he's not ready to commit to a costly campaign in the states holding primaries and caucuses next week.

Several officials said that on the heels of a defeat in Tuesday's Florida primary, Romney's campaign was not attempting to purchase television advertising time in any of the states on the Super Tuesday calendar.

Instead, the former Massachusetts governor's current plans call for campaigning in California and other primary states, said the officials, who had knowledge of the internal discussions. There would be organizational efforts primarily for caucus states.

In contrast to the Republican race, which appeared to be steadily moving McCain's way. the Democratic contest was far from settled.

Former Sen. John Edwards dropped out, "so that history can blaze its path, " he said.

That was a reference to the historic race unfolding between Hillary Rodham Clinton, the former first lady, and Barack Obama, the strongest black candidate in history.

After shying away from the front-runner's label, McCain sounded increasingly confident he was close to having the prize he has sought for nearly a decade.

"There will be a clear choice this November, and I believe that my life has prepared me ... to lead this nation in the transcendent challenge of the 21st century, the great threat of the evil of radical Islamic extremism, which threatens everything we stand for and believe in,'' he said, sounding like a general election candidate.

McCain also gained a glowing endorsement from Rudy Giuliani, the Republican front-runner until the primaries and caucuses began four weeks ago. As he ended his own candidacy, the former New York mayor called McCain "the most qualified candidate to be the next commander in chief of the United States. He's an American hero.''

Officials familiar with Romney's plans cautioned they could yet changes. They said that paradoxically, the Florida defeat had been followed with a particularly strong day of online fundraising. But they added that in discussions so far, the former Massachusetts governor had selected the least costly of a variety of options prepared for his review.

They commented on campaign strategy only on condition of anonymity.

One of Romney's greatest campaign strengths has been his deep pockets. A wealthy former businessman who has largely financed his own campaign, he has advertised extensively in the other primary states where he competed. His campaign spent about $3 million on television ads in Florida, where he finished second.

McCain's own television advertising plans were unclear.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and Texas Rep. Ron Paul also remain in the Republican race, but the former is out of cash and the latter has proven to be a niche candidate whose greatest appeal is to the small percentage of GOP voters who oppose the Iraq War.

Republicans converged on California for an evening debate, their last before next Tuesday's round of contests with 1,023 convention delegates at stake.

Obama and Clinton battled on roughly equal footing across a vast, uncertain political landscape, Democratic primaries in 15 states and caucuses in seven more plus American Samoa with 1,681 delegates at stake on Tuesday.

Obama said it was time for a change, and he was the man to provide it.

mconder
01-31-2008, 09:16 AM
I guess he's a smart businessman after all. He's cutting his losses.

mconder
01-31-2008, 09:18 AM
Here it is. Donate First so Ron Paul can win!!!
http://wvgazette.com/News/200801300705

"Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and Texas Rep. Ron Paul also remain in the Republican race, but the former is out of cash and the latter has proven to be a niche candidate whose greatest appeal is to the small percentage of GOP voters who oppose the Iraq War."

Can't they give us more credit than this? All Ron Paul supporters know this is not the main reason we support RP.

btwilli1
01-31-2008, 09:20 AM
Ron Paul will be the only one with Money to run ads Feb 5th. Let's hit that 8 million.

dante
01-31-2008, 09:22 AM
"Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and Texas Rep. Ron Paul also remain in the Republican race, but the former is out of cash and the latter has proven to be a niche candidate whose greatest appeal is to the small percentage of GOP voters who oppose the Iraq War."

Can't they give us more credit than this? All Ron Paul supporters know this is not the main reason we support RP.

QFT In all honestly the war in Iraq was the last issue I came around on with Ron Paul. I agreed with him everywhere else first.

hawks4ronpaul
01-31-2008, 09:23 AM
I guess he's a smart businessman after all. He's cutting his losses.

Will the warmongers call Giuliani and Romney "cut and runners"?

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

driller
01-31-2008, 09:25 AM
Romney and McCain Don't have to pay for advertizing anymore. The media talks them up for free now. They basically have sold the public on who the republican candidate is already.

It is like talking up Christianity in Afganistan. The Muslims don't need to advertize because it is talked about everywhere and christains are looked down on and persicuted.

hawks4ronpaul
01-31-2008, 09:27 AM
QFT In all honestly the war in Iraq was the last issue I came around on with Ron Paul. I agreed with him everywhere else first.

Yes, if you will allow a broad brush, the war might have been the first issue for Democratic crossovers but the last issue for Republicans.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

SilentBull
01-31-2008, 09:52 AM

You need to read "Imperial Hubris" by Michael Sheuer to understand that Ron Paul's position is right. Michael Sheuer tells it like it is. He was the head of the CIA's bin Laden unit.

dante
01-31-2008, 09:55 AM
You need to read "Imperial Hubris" by Michael Sheuer to understand that Ron Paul's position is right. Michael Sheuer tells it like it is. He was the head of the CIA's bin Laden unit.

Oh i've come around now... and completely agree with Dr. Paul. And I was already supporting him for his economic policies... it just took me a couple months to get over my previous crusading ways... that revelation occurred six months ago.

fireworks_god
01-31-2008, 09:56 AM
After Super Tuesday is settled, it could be just McCain and Ron Paul left, and we would have some months to truly take that snobby fucking lizard down. :D

Original_Intent
01-31-2008, 09:57 AM
Wow. I am dreaming of a McCain vs Paul head to head debate.

To any naysayers, don't ruin the fantasy :p

Paul Revered
01-31-2008, 09:58 AM
I posted this on MySpace.

dcdreamboat
01-31-2008, 11:00 AM
Not sure if it matters. MSM will still give him coverage.

But what they're doing to Huckabee is cruel. And good.

Feel it Mike. Feel what we've been dealing with.

Jae0
01-31-2008, 11:02 AM
Not sure if it matters. MSM will still give him coverage.

But what they're doing to Huckabee is cruel. And good.

Feel it Mike. Feel what we've been dealing with.

I read the HucksArmy thread they had for the Debate last night.

They were VERY upset at the way Mike AND Paul were being treated. Several of them even commented on how rude Anderson was being when he cut off Paul.

TexMac
01-31-2008, 11:05 AM
Romney digs into own pocket to fund ad buy (http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0108/Romney_to_reach_into_pocket_make_significant_Feb_5 _buy_.html)
By: JONATHAN MARTIN (http://www.politico.com/reporters/JonathanMartin.html) | 01/31/2008 11:14 AM
Blog: Romney will pour more of his own fortune into campaign and go up on TV in Calif. and other Super Tuesday states.

itshappening
01-31-2008, 11:08 AM
CBS news reportingg that will buy

Last night we noted that Mitt Romney had yet to buy any advertising in Super Tuesday states. Today comes word that he will: CBS News confirms that the Romney campaign is making a “significant ad buy” in California and other Super Tuesday states. The price tag is in the seven figure range, and the governor’s decision to make the buy was made this morning.

Romney has spent perhaps $40 million of his own money on his campaign.

Johnnybags
01-31-2008, 11:09 AM
Now or never, put the heat on them, they are broke. Do a match of a money bomb at least if you exist.

ToryNotion
01-31-2008, 11:18 AM
this could a result of the mythical meeting between the real power brokers in the RNC and candidate where they say ''You ran a good race kid but its not your year". If its a signal for the rank and file to fall inline for McCain is there enough time for it to be effective.

dante
01-31-2008, 11:20 AM
After Super Tuesday is settled, it could be just McCain and Ron Paul left, and we would have some months to truly take that snobby fucking lizard down. :D

This only works in one plausible scenario:

1: Huckabee and Romney get enough delegates that keep McCain sufficiently from have the required 1,031 to win the nomination but don't get enough delegates that they see any reason to keep on campaigning. Ron Paul would also need to walk out of Super Tuesday with ~150+ delegates

katiebaby
01-31-2008, 11:38 AM
http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/01/31/romney-plans-major-ad-buys-in-california-other-super-tuesday-states/

Looks like Mitt will buy ads after all

BigRedBrent
01-31-2008, 12:02 PM

Exactly the same with me!

BigRedBrent
01-31-2008, 12:08 PM

I hope you are right. I hope voting Americans don't let our nation down with this rare opportunity we are so very lucky to even have right now. Thank you Ron Paul for giving us this chance, thank you so very much.