PDA

View Full Version : Anyone worried about Alex Jones' response

jmarinara
08-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Considering Dr. Paul just went on national TV and said Alex Jones was wrong about 9/11 truth, do you think AJ is going to give him flak for this?

This is a joke, but I half expect AJ to have the headline "PAUL SEEN AT BOHEMIAN GROVE"

I suppose he could spin it that Dr. Paul is just saying that to avoid controversy, but I guess we'll have to see.

isufferfromronpaulfever
08-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Considering Dr. Paul just went on national TV and said Alex Jones was wrong about 9/11 truth, do you think AJ is going to give him flak for this?

This is a joke, but I half expect AJ to have the headline "PAUL SEEN AT BOHEMIAN GROVE"

I suppose he could spin it that Dr. Paul is just saying that to avoid controversy, but I guess we'll have to see.

I'm not too familiar with Alex Jones but with that being said, if he knows what this fight is about, he knows to take that response like a grain of salt.

richard1984
Alex Jones--while fervently passionate--is also highly intelligent. He knows that it would ruin RP's chances of winning if he became a "truther." I don't think AJ is such a baby that he'll start bashing RP. He understands. (I assume)

freelance
It's funny you should mention that, because the minute I heard the question on FOX, I tuned into Alex on the Internet at the same time to catch his reaction.

It was mild, by AJ standards. In fact, he said that if it would help the Ron Paul campaign, he'd quit talking about and with him for the duration of the campaign.

Thomas_Paine
08-05-2007, 07:29 PM

AJ wont make this an issue, because he is not stupid, the vast majority of his listeners support Ron, if he disowned the doctor it would damage him greatly$$

ronpaulitician
08-05-2007, 07:30 PM
What, Alex Jones didn't know that Ron Paul doesn't agree with him on 9/11?

richard1984
08-05-2007, 07:31 PM
What, Alex Jones didn't know that Ron Paul doesn't agree with him on 9/11?

Ha!

ThePieSwindler
08-05-2007, 07:33 PM

Alex Jones is not the nut many make him out to be. He went too far with the piece saying that Ron Paul thought the government staged terror, but he in general is a good man and has the big picture down accurately. He would never trash Ron Paul - maybe disagree with him (like he has on net neutrality, which is ironic because you'd think Alex Jones of all people would understand that the bill(s) give(s) the FCC more control... to subvert), but he is a huge Ron paul promoter and supporter. Even if Ron Paul disagrees with him on things like 9/11, they are in complete agreement on most other issues that deal with constitutionally limited government, protecting American sovereignty, free markets, etc. Alex Jones is on our side, even if you disagree with the 9/11 truth movement.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
08-05-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm not worried about Alex Jones reaction at all.

Paulitician
08-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Hahaha, this reminded of when Alex Jones called Noam Chomsky a "New World Order shill" right after he had interviewed him because AJ didn't believe Noam was be as truthful as he could with him.

Man from La Mancha
08-05-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm not worried about Alex Jones reaction at all.

Agreed not with Ron at the helm

DeadheadForPaul
08-05-2007, 07:36 PM
I will say this flat out: Why the hell do you care about what a conspiracy theorist says? Dr. Paul's words helped our campaign more than it hurt our campaign. Either way, who are his listeners going to vote for? Guiliani or Hillary? Doubtful

Brad Zink
08-05-2007, 07:36 PM
This angle was the main reason that Fox News had Dr. Paul on the show. They wanted to drive a wedge between Dr. Paul and the 9/11 Truth movement. Companies like Fox (and the system that they represent) are threatened by both Dr. Paul and 9/11 Truth.

It was a classic divide and conquer tactic. Dr. Paul did a pretty good job at deflecting it, and moving on to other issues. At the same time, it is a devestating shame that our country can kill thousands of its own citizens in cold blood while the compliant media cheers along.

ThePieSwindler
08-05-2007, 07:37 PM
It's funny you should mention that, because the minute I heard the question on FOX, I tuned into Alex on the Internet at the same time to catch his reaction.

It was mild, by AJ standards. In fact, he said that if it would help the Ron Paul campaign, he'd quit talking about and with him for the duration of the campaign.

This here shows AJ's integrity toward promoting the Ron Paul campaign, rather than pushing his own agenda (which is a pretty transparent one for the most part -fighting the New World Order, which we can all agree exists in some form, even if not the illuminati masonic sort). They are in overall agreement on the big picture issues, and both have the same overall goals. Alex was HUGE in supporting Ron Paul before he picked up steam. (note: i realized there are plenty of people that have supported and followed him in politics since the '70s.

Look, i think Alex takes certain things way too far, but he has the big picture down, he is a genuine backer of the RP campaign, and he has been instrumental in turning ALOT of people on the Ron Paul.

Perry
08-05-2007, 07:38 PM

He did not say Alex was wrong he said he disagrees with him.

Anyway Alex will understand 100% and so should you.

jmarinara
08-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Alex Jones is on our side, even if you disagree with the 9/11 truth movement.

I pretty much assumed that. I mean for all his alarmism and (sometimes) wacky ideas, AJ is more American than most, well, americans. True Americans are behind Dr. Paul.

I'm not really worried about Jones' I guess, he knows whats up here. As many have said, he is intelligent. I just thought perhaps there might be something to it.

rich34
08-05-2007, 07:41 PM
This imo is Fox news attempt to try and split Ron Paul's support. There was no need for this. Ron Paul has already answered these very questions. Fox news wants to put a wedge between Ron Paul supporters, but it ain't gonna work!

I've listened to Alex Jones for years. He's not the nut, nor conspiracy theorist they're making him out to be. His rants can and do get out of control sometimes, but that's just because he's passionate for what he believes in. Alex is not a dummy and I'm positive he understands the bigger picture. We need to just let this go because we do NOT want to alienate Ron Paul supporters of any kind.

I do agree though that we need to lay off the 911 truth issues and focus on supporting Ron Paul. Together we stand divided we fall.

PatriotOne
08-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Alex Jones understands the dynamics of this issue and I am not worried in the least. He will stick with RP till the end.

BuddyRey
08-05-2007, 07:47 PM
This imo is Fox news attempt to try and split Ron Paul's support. There was no need for this. Ron Paul has already answered these very questions. Fox news wants to put a wedge between Ron Paul supporters, but it ain't gonna work!

I've listened to Alex Jones for years. He's not the nut, nor conspiracy theorist they're making him out to be. His rants can and do get out of control sometimes, but that's just because he's passionate for what he believes in. Alex is not a dummy and I'm positive he understands the bigger picture. We need to just let this go because we do NOT want to alienate Ron Paul supporters of any kind.

I do agree though that we need to lay off the 911 truth issues and focus on supporting Ron Paul. Together we stand divided we fall.

Well said! There's plenty of room for all in the Ron Paul Revolution!

AdamT
08-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Jones said on his radio show today (Sunday edition) that he was probably going to stop having RP on his show. Jones is intelligent enough to understand that the MSM will use it against RP, and bottom line we need Ron in the WH in 2008. Jones is still behind him 110% and what was said on Faux News today had no effect on Jones' stance on RP. I think it's very professional of him.

PatriotOne
08-05-2007, 08:00 PM
I've listened to Alex Jones for years. He's not the nut, nor conspiracy theorist they're making him out to be. His rants can and do get out of control sometimes, but that's just because he's passionate for what he believes in.

I agree that his rants get out of control but I do understand why he does it. We are truly at the poiint where it almost takes a freaking baseball bat across the head to wake people up to what is happening. I'm already awake so I rarely listen to his program....at this point what he is saying scares the hell out of me...because I know he is right :eek: I prefer to read his articles without the added drama now :p . Reading isn't quite as hard on my stress level :) I'm gonna need some valium to watch his new video Endgame when it comes out :eek:

Hook
08-05-2007, 08:01 PM
I personally think Alex is a lunatic. Not because of what he belives, but how he presents it. I actually agree with a lot of what he says, and he is no dummy, but it is very difficult to listen to someone rage on and on about something every day.
I think that he would get more people to listen if he calmed down just a bit.
But that is just me.

Give me liberty
08-05-2007, 08:03 PM

The only thing i am worried about alex jones is his anti russian nwo stuff stand.
and didnt alex jones had an artilice about the The Beslan school hostage? well it was not alex jones but one of his guys who wrote that artilice in it he cliamed that

The Beslan school hostage was nothing more then a inside job:rolleyes:
inside job been carried out by FSB agents.

when i saw that artilice i was shocked.

that worries me a bit.

The russians are not with the new world order.

BuddyRey
08-05-2007, 08:04 PM
I listen to Alex every day to stay informed, but it does get a bit embarrassing when he loses it and continually interrupts callers/guests with boisterous rage. :D

ThePieSwindler
08-05-2007, 08:06 PM
I personally think Alex is a lunatic. Not because of what he belives, but how he presents it. I actually agree with a lot of what he says, and he is no dummy, but it is very difficult to listen to someone rage on and on about something every day.
I think that he would get more people to listen if he calmed down just a bit.
But that is just me.

Well thats the entertainer part of his show. It is his living, after all, so he does have to entertain and exaggerate. The issues he talks about are true for the most part - he is certainly a patriot, and his support for Ron paul is an example of how he is genuine. He goes too far, yells alot, screams, etc. Some of it i think is for effect (the huffing and puffing), but i think alot of it is simply his way of reacting to the frustration that comes with the realization that most Americans HAVE NOT woken up to the real issues that face us. I know i get as frustrated as he does at the ignorance/naivette of most Americans i encounter, i just go about releasing it differently.

LibertyOfOne
08-05-2007, 08:07 PM
He is out there that is for sure. I have seen some of his Austin cable access shows. I remember one where he broke down crying. He looked totally bipolar during that show. Of course I could be wrong, but I have seen what that disease has done to people.

ThePieSwindler
08-05-2007, 08:11 PM
I listen to Alex every day to stay informed, but it does get a bit embarrassing when he loses it and continually interrupts callers/guests with boisterous rage. :D

Agreed - one of the lowest points in Alex's career was when he had a fairly amiable interview with Noam Chomsky... then trashes him by saying he is smarter than Chomsky, etc etc. I disagree with Chomsky on many of his political positions (most his syndicalism), but certainly few are as accomplished as Chomsky. His scientific/linguistic contributions are some of the most cited pieces of scholarship in the past 30 years. I personally dislike the man, think he is a left gate-keeper, but CERTAINLY cannot disparage his intellect (though he is certainly not a god, and many of his defenders are staunch to the point of irrationality - he is certainly intelligent, but even more certainly wrong on more than he is right - just like every other great mind in history).

winston84
08-05-2007, 08:28 PM

Wow I'm surprised, AJ being reasonable.

jonahtrainer
08-05-2007, 08:35 PM

Ron Paul handled this extremely delicate question very well, politically, in my opinion with expert crafting of his words. Such skill is rarely seen in one so honest. He re-phrashed the issue and then answered his own question. He left unanswered the question asked and the question that should have been asked.

I would have handled it in a similar way but added a little more Constitutional spunk with Libertarian philosophy.

For example:

As a member of the government I support a transparent government that can be disinfected by the sunlight of the free press. Therefore, I will contend with questions and ideas from anyone, especially a widely followed journalist from my home state. The last thing a member of the government should do when confronted by The People who ask questions he does not want to hear or answer is ignore The People or worse yet ship them to Gitmo or concentration camps for exercising their 1st Amendment rights. Ideas can only be refuted by ideas; money and power are futile. Bring all the ideas into the marketplace and let it sort them out. But I, as a member of government, am not that gatekeeper; The People exercising the right to freedom of expression and the press are.

Syren123
08-06-2007, 12:17 AM
He didn't say Alex Jones was wrong. The question was, did he think 9/11 was an inside job and Dr Paul said "if you mean that the govt was involved, then no." He is entitled to his opinion and so is Alex and the two exist in perfect harmony.

I agree that Alex is a bit over the edge with his raging and other stuff, but I also agree with and believe alot of what he says. I'm grateful to him for infiltrating Bohemian Grove. I'm thinking of dressing up like a fat dumpy male politician and doing the same thing myself. It looks like a good time.

UCFGavin
08-06-2007, 12:47 AM
Dr. Paul didn't throw him under the bus, he just said he disagreed with him. Personally I think he handled it well.

Razmear
08-06-2007, 01:05 AM
Some folks seem to forget that Alex Jones was around long before 9/11 warning folks about the pending police state. I used to watch him on the public access cable channel when I lived in Vermont and he had a large following.
Most of what Alex warned us about pre 9/11 has come true.
Ron's answer that the government did not perpetrate 9/11 but did take full advantage of it to further the police state agenda was right on the money.

Bro.Butch
08-06-2007, 01:21 AM
From this thread it seems we have a lot of Jones listeners in this forum. Good ! I only learned of Jones after I learned of RP's race for POTUS, I guess early Feb.'08.
I started to listen to him and still do now when I can.

Anyway I have a question for you Jones supporters. Have you caught him in many lies ?

He was interviewing RP in March or April and told Dr. Paul on the air that he was donating $1,000 to the RP campaign. I know most of you loyal listeners heard him say that. He has since stated his dad has been very generous to the RP campaign. Ya'll remember some of this don't you ? Well I have studied the official F.E.C. reports and Jones and his dad are no where to be found.

It could be that his real name isn't Alex Jones, as many radio celebs in my area use fictious names. Anyone know his real name or was he lying about the $1,000 contribution to RP. If he was lying he has lost most of his credibility with me.

Picking a coin toss 100 times heads means you will be close to 50% correct. No one is correct ALL the time...

bygone
08-06-2007, 01:27 AM
No.

ThePieSwindler
08-06-2007, 01:29 AM
Anyway I have a question for you Jones supporters. Have you caught him in many lies ?

He was interviewing RP in March or April and told Dr. Paul on the air that he was donating $1,000 to the RP campaign. I know most of you loyal listeners heard him say that. He has since stated his dad has been very generous to the RP campaign. Ya'll remember some of this don't you ? Well I have studied the official F.E.C. reports and Jones and his dad are no where to be found.

It could be that his real name isn't Alex Jones, as many radio celebs in my area use fictious names. Anyone know his real name or was he lying about the $1,000 contribution to RP. If he was lying he has lost most of his credibility with me.

Picking a coin toss 100 times heads means you will be close to 50% correct. No one is correct ALL the time...

call him up and ask him about it. He's usually pretty good about getting calls in that disagree or have a bone to pick.

buffalokid777
08-06-2007, 02:53 AM
Alex Jones is not the nut many make him out to be. He went too far with the piece saying that Ron Paul thought the government staged terror, but he in general is a good man and has the big picture down accurately. He would never trash Ron Paul - maybe disagree with him (like he has on net neutrality, which is ironic because you'd think Alex Jones of all people would understand that the bill(s) give(s) the FCC more control... to subvert), but he is a huge Ron paul promoter and supporter. Even if Ron Paul disagrees with him on things like 9/11, they are in complete agreement on most other issues that deal with constitutionally limited government, protecting American sovereignty, free markets, etc. Alex Jones is on our side, even if you disagree with the 9/11 truth movement.

GOOD POST!

The Ron Paul campaign is a "Big Tent" that centers on freedom and the constitution!

We each have some other agendas we MIGHT or MIGHT NOT believe in.

But what brings us together is Ron Paul and "His" agenda.

As Ron Paul said "Freedom brings us together"

Instead of stupid discussions on who believes what.....

We should focus on "Freedom Brings Us Together" and Ron Paul's message! :)

LibertyEagle
08-06-2007, 05:21 AM
I do agree though that we need to lay off the 911 truth issues and focus on supporting Ron Paul.

AMEN