PDA

View Full Version : Dallas talk radio host rips into the Ron Paul revolution

paul_v
01-31-2008, 08:53 AM
I was on my way to work listening to KLIF (largest talk radio station in Texas). Jeff Bolton is the morning host on KLIF. A Ron Paul supporter called in. I caught the tail end of the conversation but it was a typical Paulite saying the Ron Paul is the "candidate of the future" but boy did Jeff Bolton rip into the whole movement.

He said that he agrees with everything Ron Paul stands for except for his Iraq war stance but that he's "sick of Ron Paulites" whining about Ron Paul's unfair treatment of the media. He said that if someone is only polling 4% nationally that he is not a viable candidate. I can't recall what he said word for word but he totally ripped apart the revolution. He said he has tried again and again to get Ron Paul on his radio program but the campaign totally ignores him. He said if Ron Paul doesn't have the balls to go on the largest talk radio show in his home state then it's no wonder why he is only polling 4% nationally.

We need to get Ron Paul to interview on KLIF!

Redcard
01-31-2008, 08:56 AM
We need to get Ron Paul to interview on KLIF!

It sounds like Mr. Paul and others in the campaign have refused a lot of interviews of this nature.

We can't complain about MSM bias when we're the ones turning down the interview requests.

WilliamC
01-31-2008, 08:58 AM
I think as the Texas primary isn't until March that Ron Paul will do interviews there after Super Tuesday, not before.

At least I hope he will.

pinkmandy
01-31-2008, 09:02 AM
I think as the Texas primary isn't until March that Ron Paul will do interviews there after Super Tuesday, not before.

At least I hope he will.

I agree. He's only one man...he can't be campaigning everywhere at once and needs to focus on the Super Tuesday states.

Redcard
01-31-2008, 09:03 AM
I agree. He's only one man...he can't be campaigning everywhere at once and needs to focus on the Super Tuesday states.

He's not on radio in my home state of Tennessee, either, and they've been calling him for weeks too. HUGE radio station in Nashville. Popular radio host. Not getting any calls returned from the campaign.

Jae0
01-31-2008, 09:04 AM
Contact HQ and ask whats up

NoPants
01-31-2008, 09:06 AM

At least I hope he will.

Agreed, he has to focus on the states that vote on Tuesday right now.

paul_v
01-31-2008, 09:15 AM
The campaign needs someone to call these radio stations back. At least acknowledge their requests! They can say "we appreciate your interest in wanting to interview Ron Paul. We will have to get back with you once Dr. Paul's schedule is free for a quick call in interview."

It's rude to not return someone's phone call!

gingko1
01-31-2008, 09:25 AM
Jeff Bolton's show is not the largest talk show in the state. I am a Dallas guy and while KLIF used to be meaningful, it does not register nearly like it used. In fact, back when it was the "Mighty 1190" it was probably the most influential station in the area. Now? not so much.

ConstitutionGal
01-31-2008, 09:33 AM
He's not on radio in my home state of Tennessee, either, and they've been calling him for weeks too. HUGE radio station in Nashville. Popular radio host. Not getting any calls returned from the campaign.

Whoa here. He's been on both 99.7 WTN FM and on 1510 WLAC AM (both back in October before the rally here in Nashville). I have the Phil Valentine interview on my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/SouthernDancer23 if you want to hear it.

Everyone needs to try and remember that Dr. Paul is still a sitting Congressman and, therefore, doesn't have the free time that folks like Romney and Huckabee have for the campaign trail.

BigRedBrent
01-31-2008, 09:34 AM
The campaign needs someone to call these radio stations back. At least acknowledge their requests! They can say "we appreciate your interest in wanting to interview Ron Paul. We will have to get back with you once Dr. Paul's schedule is free for a quick call in interview."

It's rude to not return someone's phone call!

OK it is totally obvious that Ron Paul was screwed by the media. Anyone with half a brain can see that. Hell even Gulliani was getting more press then Paul and he was kicking his ass in the primary states like crazy.

Accusations like this are what they are, just plain BS. They always blame the campaign whenever they can for the unfair treatment that they get. Saying if they would only do this they would get treated fairly. That is utter and complete BS and if they had an ounce of intelligence they would know it.

Redcard
01-31-2008, 09:41 AM
OK it is totally obvious that Ron Paul was screwed by the media. Anyone with half a brain can see that. Hell even Gulliani was getting more press then Paul and he was kicking his ass in the primary states like crazy.

Accusations like this are what they are just plain BS. They always blame the campaign whenever they can for the unfair treatment that they get. Saying if they would only do this they would get treated fairly. That is utter and complete BS and if they had an ounce of intelligence they would know it.

I don't get how repeatedly not answering requests for interviews, not returning phone calls, and other things like it that we KNOW have been going on is utter BS.

You're saying he's screwed by the media? What about the ones that LIKE Ron Paul that have not been able to get him on because Ron Paul has no showed? Or worse, not returned phone calls.

IT takes next to no work to maintain a calendar/phone list, especially when you have people in the campaign paid to do it. And the people in HQ are paid more than a lot of the other campaigns are paying, too.

Yes, the "MSM" has been unfair.. and it's been hard to fight against that, but, by the same token, we're doing ourselves NO favor by how we've neglected the people that DO want to try to be fair.

Redcard
01-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Whoa here. He's been on both 99.7 WTN FM and on 1510 WLAC AM (both back in October before the rally here in Nashville). I have the Phil Valentine interview on my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/SouthernDancer23 if you want to hear it.

Everyone needs to try and remember that Dr. Paul is still a sitting Congressman and, therefore, doesn't have the free time that folks like Romney and Huckabee have for the campaign trail.

Oh, I know he was on the Valentine show a while back. I still get that show recorded and sent to me via MP3s :) I miss that show. But , the point was made that he didn't have time now for the Dallas show because he was campaigning in and trying to get on shows in Feb 5th states. My response is, seemingly, not in Tennessee.

ConstitutionGal
01-31-2008, 09:56 AM
Oh, I know he was on the Valentine show a while back. I still get that show recorded and sent to me via MP3s :) I miss that show. But , the point was made that he didn't have time now for the Dallas show because he was campaigning in and trying to get on shows in Feb 5th states. My response is, seemingly, not in Tennessee.

Sadly, I don't think he's been invited back on the radio in TN since October. Valentine actually made the comment the day after Thompson dropped out that Dr. Paul was the ONLY conservative left in the race but then went on to say that 'he can't win'. Valentine is now supporting Romney!!

The morning guy, Ralph Bristol, is now saying that he's planning to actually vote for Dr. Paul but then, he too, follows up that comment with the 'he can't win' mantra. The only show hosts that seem to want to have Dr. Paul back on simply seem to want him on so they can bash him later (AFTER he's not on-air anymore to defend himself) as has happened in the past. At least Valentine gave Dr. Paul a fair interview and has actually been a little nicer about him since that interview but, even with Thompson out, none of these guys are actually going to give Dr. Paul a real chance to talk and explain his ideas. Maybe this is why Dr. Paul has chosen not to waste his time with them and, instead, opted for running ads that more people will see.

BigRedBrent
01-31-2008, 10:00 AM
I don't get how repeatedly not answering requests for interviews, not returning phone calls, and other things like it that we KNOW have been going on is utter BS.

It is, if it is used to justify unfair treatment. That is most certainly BS.

Redcard
01-31-2008, 10:03 AM
It is if it is used to justify unfair treatment. That is most certainly BS.

So wait..

It's unfair if RP doesn't get on radio shows.

It's unfair if RP DOES get on radio shows and they bash him.

But it's STILL unfair of the media if RP refuses to go on radio shows, when he's asked?

I'm sorry, but that's bull. You cannot complain about getting no air time while turning around and refusing air time. That's hypocritical, and frankly, I'm getting tired of people saying "Well, nobody gets to hear him" and then a day later hearing about how the campaign is turning away these requests.